Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Bodhisattva

Encomium-A tribute to Led Zeppelin

Just now saw this in my local music store in the Zep section.

This worth picking up?

Also if anyone knows about it feel free to let me in on the info....

I would own the Zeppelin material first.

It is all right,little flat but then tribute albums slways seem to be that way.

There are some interesting interpretations on it. I like Blind Melon's Out on the Tiles and the Rollins Band doing Four sticks, but I can't say I listen to it very often.

There are some interesting interpretations on it. I like Blind Melon's Out on the Tiles and the Rollins Band doing Four sticks, but I can't say I listen to it very often.

I would be very surprised if you did. :wacko:

Tori Amos's and Robert Plant's version for Down By The Seaside is... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

.... when you think bad things can't get even worse.... :rolleyes:

It's worth having, though if you're expecting faithful Zep covers- forget it. It's not exactly "Listen To This, Eddie". :lol:

Tori Amos's and Robert Plant's version for Down By The Seaside is... :blink::blink::blink::blink:

yeah, I can't agree more with that Down by the Seaside. it's a little hard to take.

Edited by allthekingshorses

I have this album. I particularly enjoyed STP's cover of Dancing Days and Hootie's cover of "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do? " :)

Yeah, those two are my favorites as well. :)

Yeah, those two are my favorites as well. :)

Yeah hey hey what can i do is my favorite on that album

Well, that was Robert's idea of what he wanted it to sound like, and he played guitar on that, and according to Tori, it was done in a one take...........

Tori in her own words........

http://youtube.com/watch?v=FkrydUg3KAw&feature=related

LOL@ Plant saying "Who do you think this is, Coverdale?"

:lol: I think their version would bother me less if the guitar part was (ducks for possible flaming), er played differently. :o

:ph34r:

Sorry :D

Yes its worth getting, there are some good versions on there !!!

Talking of covers has anyone ever heard Duran Durans version of Thank you ?? itd good and the guitar solo is sublime (Warren Cuccurullo (guitar) who was in the band in the earlty 90's) they were in fact a decent band in the 90's with Warren in the lineup!!

Edited by leddy

:lol: I think their version would bother me less if the guitar part was (ducks for possible flaming), er played differently. :o

:ph34r:

Sorry :D

No, no...don't say sorry.

Robert should say it. -_-

I think Never The Bride's take on Going To California is excellent :beer:

:o I don't mind the piano taking over the guitar but I can't take her vocals :blink:

yeah, I can't agree more with that Down by the Seaside. it's a little hard to take.

Torn Anus....fuck...actually, this sounds like a Clarksdale reject

Yes its worth getting, there are some good versions on there !!!

Talking of covers has anyone ever heard Duran Durans version of Thank you ?? itd good and the guitar solo is sublime (Warren Cuccurullo (guitar) who was in the band in the earlty 90's) they were in fact a decent band in the 90's with Warren in the lineup!!

Really!! I thought Duran Duran murdered it. The only thing I was thankfull of was when they finished. :lol:

Really? I think she sounds quite sexy with that rough vocal :D .

Yeah, I just can't quite manage it. Probably due to the fact that song is one of my all time favorite Zep tunes.

Really!! I thought Duran Duran murdered it. The only thing I was thankfull of was when they finished. :lol:

Well I like it lol !! and cool to see page and Plant on the cover of a Duran cd !! :)

If you like the bands doing the remakes it's not bad. Nice to hear same song new sound. I like Never The Bride doing "Going To California" and Stone Temple Pilots "Dancing Days". I listen every now and then but not too often.

I haven't heard the CD since I was back in college when it first came out. I liked Duran Duran's cover of Thank You and Stone Temple Pilot's cover of Dancing Days.

I have this album. I particularly enjoyed STP's cover of Dancing Days and Hootie's cover of "Hey, Hey, What Can I Do? " :)

those are about the only 2 tracks worth listening to. Stone Temple Pilots did a great job