2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

Nice picture and jersey, Rick.

I just read (according to the internet), the 25 most annoying fans in professional sports.  The New York Yankees, the Saint Louis Cardinals, the Boston Red Sox, the Houston Astros and the Chicago Cubs are the only baseball teams that made the list.  I can see and agree with all four teams but not my Saint Louis Cardinals.  I can rest assured that I have nothing to do with this.  Passionate yes, annoying no, although I can probably guess that there may be a couple (or more) here that would disagree with me.  All I ask is this:  how is loyalty to one's favorite team an annoyance?  

Anyways, Go Cardinals!!!

Edited to add:  I believe that someone with no sense of humor would ever post something like this that somewhat seems to disparage their favorite team.  Me, I have a great sense of humor, therefore I have no qualms about posting something like this.  I find it amusing.

Edited by kingzoso

My daughter and son-in-law are going to a Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays game next week, June 3rd. I'll be watching although it'll probably be at some ungodly hour! Go the Sox.

Edited by Reggie29

3 hours ago, Reggie29 said:

My daughter and son-in-law are going to a Boston Red Sox vs. Tampa Bay Rays game next week, June 3rd. I'll be watching although it'll probably be at some ungodly hour! Go Sox.

FIFY. 

You don't need 'the' when you're doing the go chant. Sports teams are like Led Zeppelin. You wouldn't say "Go the Led Zeppelin". 

It's just Go Led Zeppelin! Go Sox! Or, if you really want to get dialect-specific...Go Sawx!

So, Marcus Stroman almost threw a no-no today. I'm sure there have been seasons in the past where no one threw a no-hitter or perfect game, I just can't recall the years. I know someone else this year came close to pitching a no-hitter, I think it was Gerrit Cole, but I can't remember....  

Well, tonight I am going to Arlington, Texas to watch the last place Saint Louis Cardinals take on the first place Texas Rangers.  Adam Wainwright is taking the mound for the Cardinals (one of my favorite players).  However, I will be wearing my red Yadier Molina jersey to the game.  It's been a few years since the Cardinals last came to Texas to play the Rangers.  I bought the least expensive tickets available ($15) but I have no plan to sit in those seats.  Once I am in the ballpark, I plan on finding the best empty seats I can find and sit there.  I've done it hundreds of times at baseball games and concerts.  I've never had any problems doing this.  As for the games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I can watch them on the local Texas Rangers channel.  

Anyways, Go Cardinals!!!

17 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Well, tonight I am going to Arlington, Texas to watch the last place Saint Louis Cardinals take on the first place Texas Rangers.  Adam Wainwright is taking the mound for the Cardinals (one of my favorite players).  However, I will be wearing my red Yadier Molina jersey to the game.  It's been a few years since the Cardinals last came to Texas to play the Rangers.  I bought the least expensive tickets available ($15) but I have no plan to sit in those seats.  Once I am in the ballpark, I plan on finding the best empty seats I can find and sit there.  I've done it hundreds of times at baseball games and concerts.  I've never had any problems doing this.  As for the games on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, I can watch them on the local Texas Rangers channel.  

Anyways, Go Cardinals!!!

I see Texas won. Perez is one of their best and they are pretty good this year. I am going next week as I have box seats in Tampa.   i am not fooling around.  I paid $65 a seat.  If I had gotten a seat right behind the Orioles dugout it would have cost $130.  Im only a few rows up and its a big difference in price.  Ill be surrounded by Tampa fans no doubt.  Ill wear my new Brooks Robinson jersey.  Road Orioles jersey.   Ill be seeing the two teams with the best two record in baseball.  We are on their heels.  Must keep winning, help is on the way later but not sure when. We  have John Means, probably our best starter coming off Tommy John and boy will he help the rotation.  The kid, G Rodriguez was sent down to Norfolk in AAA and he pitched a 6 inning, 1 hitter.  Might get recalled?  They have this kid Westburg that is tearing up the ball and Holiday , the number one pick in the majors last year, looms.   Go O's!!!!!!  Hope you had fun even though your Cards lost a tough game.

On 6/6/2023 at 5:19 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

I see Texas won. Perez is one of their best and they are pretty good this year. I am going next week as I have box seats in Tampa.   i am not fooling around.  I paid $65 a seat.  If I had gotten a seat right behind the Orioles dugout it would have cost $130.  Im only a few rows up and its a big difference in price.  Ill be surrounded by Tampa fans no doubt.  Ill wear my new Brooks Robinson jersey.  Road Orioles jersey.   Ill be seeing the two teams with the best two record in baseball.  We are on their heels.  Must keep winning, help is on the way later but not sure when. We  have John Means, probably our best starter coming off Tommy John and boy will he help the rotation.  The kid, G Rodriguez was sent down to Norfolk in AAA and he pitched a 6 inning, 1 hitter.  Might get recalled?  They have this kid Westburg that is tearing up the ball and Holiday , the number one pick in the majors last year, looms.   Go O's!!!!!!  Hope you had fun even though your Cards lost a tough game.

Yes, the Cardinals lost and keep losing.  I'll be honest, it's very hard to see the Cardinals in last place this year or any year (even though that rarely happens).  Still had fun at the game with my girlfriend and brother.  I wore my Molina jersey and my brother wore a blue Rangers t-shirt.  He was amazed at how many people we saw that were wearing Cardinals red jerseys and shirts.  I swear for every 10 people at least 7 were wearing Cardinals attire.  If I didn't know it, I could swear that this game was in Saint Louis at Busch Stadium.  Even when the Cardinals got a hit or a run (which wasn't a lot), there were cheers going on in the stands.  Before we got to the Globe Life Park, I told my brother that if we got separated just look for the guy wearing a red Cardinals jersey.  Once we got there he laughed at that because there were thousands of people wearing red Cardinals Jerseys.  Literally, thousands of people.  Anyway, I am slowly losing all hope for the Cardinals this year.  Slowly.  What remains and always will, is my love, devotion and loyalty to the Saint Louis Cardinals organization.  One losing season in 15 years is not a bad thing (but not a good thing either).  By the way, we never even went to our section (325).  We sat as close to the field as possible.  Seats that were way more then the $15 I paid for.

Have a good time in Tampa and let us know if there were thousands of fans in Tampa wearing Orioles shirts.  

Edited by kingzoso

7 hours ago, kingzoso said:

Yes, the Cardinals lost and keep losing.  I'll be honest, it's very hard to see the Cardinals in last place this year or any year (even though that rarely happens).  Still had fun at the game with my girlfriend and brother.  I wore my Molina jersey and my brother wore a blue Rangers t-shirt.  He was amazed at how many people we saw that were wearing Cardinals red jerseys and shirts.  I swear for every 10 people at least 7 were wearing Cardinals attire.  If I didn't know it, I could swear that this game was in Saint Louis at Busch Stadium.  Even when the Cardinals got a hit or a run (which wasn't a lot), there were cheers going on in the stands.  Before we got to the Globe Life Park, I told my brother that if we got separated just look for the guy wearing a red Cardinals jersey.  Once we got there he laughed at that because there were thousands of people wearing red Cardinals Jerseys.  Literally, thousands of people.  Anyway, I am slowly losing all hope for the Cardinals this year.  Slowly.  What remains and always will, is my love, devotion and loyalty to the Saint Louis Cardinals organization.  One losing season in 15 years is not a bad thing (but not a good thing either).  By the way, we never even went to our section (325).  We sat as close to the field as possible.  Seats that were way more then the $15 I paid for.

Have a good time in Tampa and let us know if there were thousands of fans in Tampa wearing Orioles shirts.  

We’ll come on King, you know there won’t be many Os fans and I’ll likely be the only one down there wearing Brooks Robinson’s jersey.  Given the Orioles are doing so well there will be some I’m sure.  We had Milwaukee 3-2 entering the bottom of 8th and we wound up losing due to a rare bad outing by reliever Cano.  We have this kid Westburg in Norfolk who is on fire and is expected to be called up.  And Holiday you should know about?  Son of the famous Cardinal.  He is tearing up AA and will also soon be called up.  Means may not pitch until August so I won’t catch him.  I’ll be there soon.  I hope they keep winning.  I believe we should be at least a WC

Less than two weeks until I walk into Tropicana Field and that game is already sold out.  Wait until the local season ticket holders see me grab one of their best seats wearing an Orioles jersey, drunk and obnoxious, and giving cat 🐱 calls to my boys!   lol 😂 

19 hours ago, redrum said:

Now, if SF could just get on a fuckin' roll. 

They do not have the horses pal.  This is not a SF team that is going anywhere. The Dodgers and Arizona will finish 1-2.  Must give the D Backs credit for hanging tough.  They could even win the division I suppose?  But I still believe the Dodgers will.  How bout those Orioles!  40-24.  Im 10 days away from seeing them live in Tampa (St Petersburg, Tropicana Field).  I could be the only Orioles fan in that mass of humanity.  Ill have my new 5 Robinson road jersey on.

On 6/11/2023 at 3:59 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

They do not have the horses pal.  This is not a SF team that is going anywhere. The Dodgers and Arizona will finish 1-2.  Must give the D Backs credit for hanging tough.  They could even win the division I suppose?  But I still believe the Dodgers will.  How bout those Orioles!  40-24.  Im 10 days away from seeing them live in Tampa (St Petersburg, Tropicana Field).  I could be the only Orioles fan in that mass of humanity.  Ill have my new 5 Robinson road jersey on.

Gotta keep scratchin'. Don't sweat too much down there. 👍

Rained all night.  Good thing they have a dome here.  We are leaving Thunderbird beach resort early to try and beat traffic to Tropicana Field.  A barkeep across the road who served me draft Shock Top yesterday filled us in on what we are in for.  Said better to Uber there?  But I’ll just leave early with rental.  O’s took game 1.  Hicks has really stepped up since Yankees released him.  Mullins and Mountcastle it seems I won’t see.

Apparently, you can miss a lot of action when you go a week without watching games. The Reds in first place in the NL Central, either the Twins or Guardians will somehow win the AL Central with only 81 wins & the Dodgers have dropped to 3rd place in the West (oh my)...  :wacko: