2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

17 hours ago, Strider said:

Angels lose and waste Ohtani's six shutout innings.

20230330_210427.thumb.jpg.fd092e26bae85b61c5b5ffc9712dc862.jpg

Looks like my tuxedo cat Diesel!   The dam Angels and Padres ruined an otherwise good day as I had my Orioles, Texas, White Sox and Twins.  Almost had heart attack watching Bautista let two men on in 9th with no outs and O’s up 10-9!  He then struck out Devers and saved the day after Santander’s blown catch of routine fly ball helped Red Sox rally from 10-;4 deficit.  We held on!  Have two relievers on DL, including Givens.  But I love this Orioles lineup 

11 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

2 days in & I'm definitely down with the pitch clock. Really nice ballgame in Miami so far, we just need some runs....  

There are some rules that take getting used to.  So if the guy in the batters box takes a second time out, I guess he is out?  I have only watched the Orioles opener in Boston and the rule came into effect once.  One of the Red Sox got on base without a hit or walk.  Not just the pitch timer was changed.   We go against Chris Sale tonight.  I wonder if he is the old Sale?  I hope not.  

20 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Sale is definitely not what he used to be. Baltimore should take them to the cleaners tonight...

We lose because of McKenna error in left field. Its just not acceptable.  Up 7-1 and we lose.  Bautista is to blame also.  We need Givens back asap.  And Tate.  Bullpen is short right now.  Today we see what this other former Philly pitcher is going to do?  We must bounce back from this ridiculous meltdown

1 hour ago, paul carruthers said:

Good grief, these blackout restrictions are really getting stupid now for this extra innings package. The Marlins are playing in New York and the damn game is still being blacked out, WTF????  :mad:

That sucks. I have a hard time getting Dodgers and Angels games.

11 hours ago, ebk said:

Lovely day at the ballpark.  Except it was cold and there were way too many people there. 

Game turned out well at least. 

What a great win!!  Nerve wracking as always.  A big win as today they have the edge with pitching.  I have no idea what this kid from Philly is going to do?  Means cant come back fast enough.  I am hoping before the July prediction.   Wells goes tomorrow so I like our chances there.

On 4/8/2023 at 5:34 PM, paul carruthers said:

If only my Mets could play Miami every week--we would probably finish with 130 wins... :lol:

Padres up next.  Might be a tough series.  My Orioles fell short yesterday, but Oakland comes in and we must win this series.  Dodgers seem a bit vulnerable right now.  Arizona beat them.  Braves got a rare beat down.  Speaking of Marlins, they have their best guy going today.  Alcanatara.   I expect him to win at Phillies

my son works for an Engineering  firm in ct. and bought a row of seats at  a auction so last week he  went  to Redsox vs. Pirates at Fenway park, he isn't a fan because games are so long and boring but it was a day off so he went, pirates won 4-1 and in 7th inning sox thought they tied it with a 3 run homer but after review it was ruled foul, I watched  game on tv and he was on camera every pitch, 3rd row behind catcher, he had no idea he was on t.v. until I sent him videos of him eating  hot dogs and drinking some beers, he told me it was freezing but game went  quick, about 2:30, he had a great time

14 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

remember down the stretch last month last year ? we played all the crap teams and got smoked and blew a big lead 🙄

I definitely remember last year's collapse, which is why I won't get too hype about anything the Mets do this year--like last night's win against the Padres...