2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

Orioles are 18-9!!!  Ill take it.  Givens and Tate are close to return, both middle relievers.  John Means return will be a day I welcome.  I like our rotation but it will be far better when Means arrives.  At least 3 are pithing lights out, most notably Wells and Gibson.  The lineup is solid and Holiday looms with this kid Ortiz coming back up after an impressive first outing.

Damn, I knew this series in Detroit was going to be tough viewing--what, with the lack of people in the seats making it a virtual morgue. But so far today, Comerica is playing like a bandbox & of course, the Mets are on the losing end right now. How you doing Bong-Man?

Yep, might as well just engrave the Braves as the NL East champs for 2023....  

18 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Damn, I knew this series in Detroit was going to be tough viewing--what, with the lack of people in the seats making it a virtual morgue. But so far today, Comerica is playing like a bandbox & of course, the Mets are on the losing end right now. How you doing Bong-Man?

Yep, might as well just engrave the Braves as the NL East champs for 2023....  

I'm hangin'.  Watched both games in & out.  You couldn't pay me to sit out there.  Couldn't have been more than 500 people for the first game.  We can't field or hit.  Spencer Torkelson is doing a great Rob Deere imitation.  Maton hitting .170.  Baez is our best player and I think he's an idiot.  Not much hope in the farm system either.  Watching Scherzer and Verlander remind me of happier days.  

17 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Swept by the Tigers, about a week ago lost a series to the Triple-A Nationals. Congrats to the Braves on winning the NL East...  :bagoverhead:

Help is on the way!!  My boys are at Atlanta tonight. 3 games vs the mighty Braves. We must break out the heavy lumber to beat them no doubt

17 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

5th inning and 8-7 Os.  They are going to give me a heart attack!

Where are you King?  Cardinals look like crap

I don't believe that I would have ever said this before, but yes, the Cardinals are looking very dismal so far this 2023 season.  I say so far because there are still 130 games left until the end of the regular season.  No matter how good or bad the Cardinals are in any given year, I am ever the optimist and will never count them out until it is time to count them out.  Obviously, it is not looking good so far (by any means).  However, I am a realist and the chances of the Cardinals making it to the Post-season for a fifth consecutive time this year are pretty slim.  That said, the Cardinals have had a winning season for the past 15 years.

I am never one to put the blame on anyone for the Cardinals very poor start but a lot of Cardinals fans are asking for the heads of the manager (Oli Marmol) and the President of Cardinals baseball (John Mozeliak).  I can't say that I disagree.  Mozeliak didn't do enough to secure a solid rotation (they say, I agree).  On a positive note, Adam Wainwright is making his first 2023 start against the Tigers tomorrow.  He might be the leadership the dugout desperately needs.  

I will say that I am very impressed with winning record of your Baltimore Orioles.  Good luck with that.  That goes for ebk to, although she seems to really dislike me even though she doesn't know me.  (I am cool with that).

(One more thing):  there are still two other teams that I follow, the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros.  

As always:  Go Cardinals.

11 minutes ago, kingzoso said:

I don't believe that I would have ever said this before, but yes, the Cardinals are looking very dismal so far this 2023 season.  I say so far because there are still 130 games left until the end of the regular season.  No matter how good or bad the Cardinals are in any given year, I am ever the optimist and will never count them out until it is time to count them out.  Obviously, it is not looking good so far (by any means).  However, I am a realist and the chances of the Cardinals making it to the Post-season for a fifth consecutive time this year are pretty slim.  That said, the Cardinals have had a winning season for the past 15 years.

I am never one to put the blame on anyone for the Cardinals very poor start but a lot of Cardinals fans are asking for the heads of the manager (Oli Marmol) and the President of Cardinals baseball (John Mozeliak).  I can't say that I disagree.  Mozeliak didn't do enough to secure a solid rotation (they say, I agree).  On a positive note, Adam Wainwright is making his first 2023 start against the Tigers tomorrow.  He might be the leadership the dugout desperately needs.  

I will say that I am very impressed with winning record of your Baltimore Orioles.  Good luck with that.  That goes for ebk to, although she seems to really dislike me even though she doesn't know me.  (I am cool with that).

(One more thing):  there are still two other teams that I follow, the Texas Rangers and the Houston Astros.  

As always:  Go Cardinals.

It would be nice to see Texas beat them out. But it wont be easy. My Orioles have help coming soon in middle relievers Givens and Tate.  John Means is lated for July but I think he will be ready sooner.  We have the bats, and the hitting to stay with anyone.  I do not believe Esther (EBK) dislikes anyone.  But you can get on ones nerves

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

Apparently, the Mets have 2 kids down in Triple-A who are tearing the cover off the ball & why the hell they haven't been called up yet to try and give some life to our pathetic offense is anyone's guess. Of course, if we crapped out against Detroit, why should the offense come to life tonight against the Rockies....

<_<

3 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

Apparently, the Mets have 2 kids down in Triple-A who are tearing the cover off the ball & why the hell they haven't been called up yet to try and give some life to our pathetic offense is anyone's guess. Of course, if we crapped out against Detroit, why should the offense come to life tonight against the Rockies....

<_<

Syracuse Mets?   Orioles just blew game open in Atlanta!  8-1 Orioles in 7th!  Chased Fried.  Santander 2nd HR.  Birds have not lost an opener of a series and have won every series so far!