2023 MLB Thread....

paul carruthers

10 hours ago, ebk said:

2 good games!  I'm sure they'll lose tomorrow when I'm there...  

Why did you have to say that?  I am a little worried because they send their best pitcher.  He is 4-1 with 56 strikeouts in 49 innings.  BUT., Gibson is no slouch either.  He pitched great last outing and still got a loss as he left the 7th innings down 2-0 to Tampa and McClanahan.  He deserved better.  He is 4-2 and the former Phillies pitcher has served us well.  Tough call.  Its hard to sweep a team in the majors.  St Louis will try to sweep the Red Sox tonight on National TV, if your reading this King?  i wish them luck.  I still do not know how Boston won 8 in a row.  The do have some studs though.  They even have Trevor Story.  They, like the Yankees, never run out of money.  Have fun at the game Esther.  I like their chances to sweep them.  I tell you we have one hell of a lineup all the way through.  There are no easy outs in the Orioles lineup. The Angels come in tomorrow and we face Ohtani.

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Nobody was beating Keller today.  Sorry you had to sit through it.  Nice crowd.  I suffered through it too.  We’ll bounce back 

Eh - it was a beautiful day!  Way too many people there, but great weather.

I checked the team store and the Mitchell & Ness kiosk - no gray road jerseys.  I don't get it, but they seem to have disappeared.  I'll keep checking.

8 hours ago, ebk said:

Eh - it was a beautiful day!  Way too many people there, but great weather.

I checked the team store and the Mitchell & Ness kiosk - no gray road jerseys.  I don't get it, but they seem to have disappeared.  I'll keep checking.

Thanks Esther.  Seans team in tonight.  We should take care of them!   But Ohtani pitch's tonight. 

6 hours ago, Strider said:

If the Angels had been a weekend series I would have flown out to see a game with ebk.

Not sure if you have the MLB TV app?  Wednesdays game is the “free game of the day”.  The app is free.  Todays free game for example is Twins/Dodgers.  I am going to buy the subscription since the Orioles are doing well.  I don’t see that changing.  After the Angels we get a tough test. Finally meeting Toronto.  So not sure you can get the game there in LA Sean?  If you get the app, free on Wednesday.  Ohtani pitch’s tonight.  Right after a gem by Keller for Pirates.  

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

The bitch's got lucky and got to the kid.  When Means is ready, ship him to Norfolk.  Payback is coming for the pesky little shit Angels.  

The Cardinals got lucky last night with an 18-1 win over the Brewers.  Now the Cardinals are on a real winning streak at 4 games.  This is the Saint Louis Cardinals that I and their millions of fans expect.  Goldschmidt and Arenado are hot at the moment.  I hope it continues...

Enjoyed watching the major league's oldest player pitch a gem against the Tigers yesterday.  43 year old Rich Hill showed how location and changing speeds is just as effective as a 97mph fastball.  Reminded me of watching Frank Tanana pitch in the late 80's.  

I approve of every rule change except putting a man at 2nd base during the 10th inning.  Play two normal extra innings, and then start putting guys at 2nd base during the 12th.  

On 5/16/2023 at 9:12 AM, kingzoso said:

The Cardinals got lucky last night with an 18-1 win over the Brewers.  Now the Cardinals are on a real winning streak at 4 games.  This is the Saint Louis Cardinals that I and their millions of fans expect.  Goldschmidt and Arenado are hot at the moment.  I hope it continues...

Nice that they swept Boston at Fenway.  A rare meeting between those two.  The Cardinals have gotten themselves back on track.  I expect the race to be between them and Brewers.  I really do not know if Pittsburgh can hang around?  Maybe.  

1 minute ago, Bong-Man said:

Enjoyed watching the major league's oldest player pitch a gem against the Tigers yesterday.  43 year old Rich Hill showed how location and changing speeds is just as effective as a 97mph fastball.  Reminded me of watching Frank Tanana pitch in the late 80's.  

I approve of every rule change except putting a man at 2nd base during the 10th inning.  Play two normal extra innings, and then start putting guys at 2nd base during the 12th.  

I do not like putting a man on 2nd Period.    Hard to imagine thinking of HIll as old

14 hours ago, paul carruthers said:

Ok, I think the season is old enough now that I can say this--a slider is a slider. Or, if a pitcher throws a hybrid of a slider, or curve, it's a slurve. This new language being forced in now, calling sliders a damn sweeper. Enough, already...  :angry:

So happy your Mets helped us out!  Maybe Buck has fixed things?

On 5/16/2023 at 9:12 AM, kingzoso said:

Your Cardinals have found their stride on offense.  I guess your main concern moving forward is pitching?  My birds fly into Toronto after giving away game vs Angels.  This Cano, our relived in late innings, if you can believe this, not only has best numbers in majors, but has best relief numbers, era, in MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY!!!!  Toronto has been a thorn in our side for years.  Gibson goes tonight and he comes off two very tough loss’s where he pitched well but wax unlucky .We need to bust out the lumber

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

So happy your Mets helped us out!  Maybe Buck has fixed things?

2 games is too early to tell, but they finally called up some of the guys who were raking in Triple-A, so maybe that will be the jolt the stagnant Mets offense needs. I still have my doubts & would say at best, the Mets are competing for a wild card, but time will tell....

2 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Your Cardinals have found their stride on offense.  I guess your main concern moving forward is pitching?  My birds fly into Toronto after giving away game vs Angels.  This Cano, our relived in late innings, if you can believe this, not only has best numbers in majors, but has best relief numbers, era, in MAJOR LEAGUE HISTORY!!!!  Toronto has been a thorn in our side for years.  Gibson goes tonight and he comes off two very tough loss’s where he pitched well but wax unlucky .We need to bust out the lumber

It does seem like the Cardinals have found their stride on offense.  18-1 against the Brewers on Monday and 16-8 against the Dodgers last night.  7 homeruns at Busch last night (4 in the 3rd inning).  2 by Willson Contreras, 2 by Nolan Gorman and 1 by Arenado.  As I mentioned before, it was not the Cardinals lineup that I was concerned about, yes, it was the pitching.  I watched the game last night on the MLB Network and they had mentioned the Cardinals have had 11 blown saves so far this season.  So, yes, it is the pitching.  Wainwright got the win last night but was taken out and the middle reliever gave up a grand slam to Freeman.  Made the game 8-9 until the Cards scored 7 in the bottom of the 8th.  Wainwright has 196 career wins and is hoping to end his career with the Cardinals with 200+ wins.  I'm not sure who is a top pitcher is for the Cardinals to trade for come the trade deadline, but I am sure they are looking.  You probably know more about that than I do.  How about the Cardinals trade for Means?  I do not know anything about him, but you always seem to praise him highly.  

57 minutes ago, paul carruthers said:

2 games is too early to tell, but they finally called up some of the guys who were raking in Triple-A, so maybe that will be the jolt the stagnant Mets offense needs. I still have my doubts & would say at best, the Mets are competing for a wild card, but time will tell....

Hey Paul.  I know the Mets are your team but from what I read from your posts, you seem to view them in a not so positive light.  I say never give up on your team no matter what the situation.  My Cardinals are a perfect example.  As of today, they are 19-26.  Your Mets are 22-23.  I'm sure you have seen a few of my posts in the recent past and I have said that despite the Saint Louis Cardinals worst start to a season in 50 years, I have not (and never will) given up hope that things will turn around for the better.  If they don't, they don't.  However, I am and will always be a strong supporter of the Saint Louis Cardinals regardless of the final outcome for this season (or any season for that matter). 

My point:  Stay Positive!!!  Until the Mets play the Cardinals.  

^^ I'm not giving up on my Mets, I'm just accepting the reality that they are not as good as the Atlanta Braves. Few teams in the Major Leagues are...

But, I appreciate your positive attitude & I'll try to keep one & see how my team plays this weekend against the Guardians. Winning 2 series against the Dodgers and Tampa may give me hope that the Mets are capable of playing better than the results from the past 3 or 4 weeks....

4 hours ago, kingzoso said:

It does seem like the Cardinals have found their stride on offense.  18-1 against the Brewers on Monday and 16-8 against the Dodgers last night.  7 homeruns at Busch last night (4 in the 3rd inning).  2 by Willson Contreras, 2 by Nolan Gorman and 1 by Arenado.  As I mentioned before, it was not the Cardinals lineup that I was concerned about, yes, it was the pitching.  I watched the game last night on the MLB Network and they had mentioned the Cardinals have had 11 blown saves so far this season.  So, yes, it is the pitching.  Wainwright got the win last night but was taken out and the middle reliever gave up a grand slam to Freeman.  Made the game 8-9 until the Cards scored 7 in the bottom of the 8th.  Wainwright has 196 career wins and is hoping to end his career with the Cardinals with 200+ wins.  I'm not sure who is a top pitcher is for the Cardinals to trade for come the trade deadline, but I am sure they are looking.  You probably know more about that than I do.  How about the Cardinals trade for Means?  I do not know anything about him, but you always seem to praise him highly.  

No no no!  We need Means.  He is our Ace.  Coming off Tommy John and slated for a July return.  Had no hitter vs Seattle last year and I bought the shirt honoring it.  Should have been a perfect game but it was either a past ball or first baseman blunder that cost it.  
so, Today I got my Brooks Robinson Jersey in mail!  Very happy with it and I’ll be the only asshole wearing an Orioles road jersey behind the Orioles dugout in the June day game in Tampa!