YOUR POST COUNT IS STARTING TO WORRY ME

Del Zeppnile

As far as post counts, I forget who it was on the old forum, but there was always somebody in the "What are you listening to?" thread, who just posted every song he listened to, all day long. Like every 5 minutes, there'd be a new post saying "Hotel California", then 5 minutes later "Crazy Train", etc.

:lol:

I agree 100% Matt, I know what you mean. Just hours and hours of one word or one line posts about nothing. Reading those threads is like some kind of chinese water toruture or something. I mean I would rather read page after page after page of Hermit's rants on Global Warming (now hold on Hermie because there is a compliment in this coming) because at least he put some effort into his posts with all the graphs and stuff. And even if I didn't agree with them AT LEAST HE HAD A POINT TO MAKE. I could at least respect that part of it, and I'm glad that there are people who enjoy coming here to actually interact with people and not just post the entire playlist of the local classic rock station 24 hours a day.

I think Sam did a great job with this forum, and I think he added lots of really good stuff. I feel however that the one thing he probably should have done was to have a seperate subforum for 'games' like they do over at Planet Zeppelin. At least that way so many good 'general discussion' stuff wouldn't get bumped down the list because some people just sit around adding post after post and thread after thread on games. I'm just waiting for someone to start a thread called " WHAT DID YOUR FART SMELL LIKE ". That way we could all be entertained by what everyone had for lunch... yesterday.

Not that I should be giving anyone any ideas... sheesh!

... end of rant.

I think it depends really on the time I have, I have a day off work today and it is raining, and horrible outside, but have to go shopping later, it is the works christmas dinner party tonight so I have to go out and get things, but on days like this it is easy to sit in front of the computer, and look at all the christmas shoppers below umbrellas up running round and then you think oh I will stay here a little longer. (maybe it will stop raining)

Well does it really do any harm if people wanna rack up their post count, certainly doesn't bother me. Although I can see how it may rankle with some I guess.

Yeeessss thats another one in the bag..must be up to the mid twenties by now ;)

wtf?!! :blink:

the reply count in this.. the original post count thread.. has been surpassed

by the reply count in the clone post count thread... that cheap hussy of a thread.

:angry:

:P

Whores the lot of us :P

wtf?!! :blink:

the reply count in this.. the original post count thread.. has been surpassed

by the reply count in the clone post count thread... that cheap hussy of a thread.

:angry:

Thread popularity has alot to do with the way you 'market' the thread concept to a target audience. I usually like to use all caps and include some provacative language. Sort of like a headline from an old William Randolf Hearst newspaper. Examples are:

THE FUN WITH LIBERALS THREAD

THE POLITICS, REDMEAT & TESTOSTERONE THREAD... women are welcome

CARTOON CENTRAL

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THREAD

MISSING PERSONS... post notices here (this one recently stolen by some redheaded floozy)

THUGWORLD ON PLANET JENNA 6

Although... it's really hard to compete with threads that have the words: whore, tits and Uncle fingerfun in them. (uncle fingerfun is an Old Scratch original term btw).

I might consider editing the title of this thread to "WHORE, TITS & UNCLE FINGERFUN" but I don't know if thread title editing can be done in this new forum.

Thread popularity has alot to do with the way you 'market' the thread concept to a target audience.THE POLITICS, REDMEAT & TESTOSTERONE THREAD... women are welcome

I think someone should start this one;or a version thereof. B)

After all;we've already got one about why men are so fuckin' awful,right? ;)

Thread popularity has alot to do with the way you 'market' the thread concept to a target audience. I usually like to use all caps and include some provacative language. Sort of like a headline from an old William Randolf Hearst newspaper. Examples are:

THE FUN WITH LIBERALS THREAD

THE POLITICS, REDMEAT & TESTOSTERONE THREAD... women are welcome

CARTOON CENTRAL

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA THREAD

MISSING PERSONS... post notices here (this one recently stolen by some redheaded floozy)

THUGWORLD ON PLANET JENNA 6

Although... it's really hard to compete with threads that have the words: whore, tits and Uncle fingerfun in them. (uncle fingerfun is an Old Scratch original term btw).

I might consider editing the title of this thread to "WHORE, TITS & UNCLE FINGERFUN" but I don't know if thread title editing can be done in this new forum.

Thats very funny, can you tell me when you open the "WHORE, TITS & UNCLE FINGERFUN" thread :D

Think of some new thread ideas in case they start a seperate game sub-forum.

Here are some of my ideas:

What does your fart smell like?

(so we know what you had for lunch yesterday)

Let's play I see something!

(one word responses of something you see in your mother's basement where you are posting from)

What is your favorite color today?

(in most forums 'beer color' is usually the #1 response)

Mustard or Ketchup?

(a game about condiments)

Let's play spell check!

(somebody posts a word and the next person corrects the spelling)

What are your mediciations?

(only Doctor prescribed meds)

Mr. Bathroom Scale says what?

(a way to learn the metric system)

I went to the refridgerator and I saw...

(the first person starts with something that begins with 'A' like 'apple' and then so on.)

Let's play super-spamalot!

(tell us your favorite things one letter and one post at a time)

Please add your own ideas to the list.

Think of some new thread ideas in case they start a seperate game sub-forum.

Here are some of my ideas:

Let's play I see something!

(one word responses of something you see in your mother's basement where you are posting from)

Hey Del--my mom doesn't HAVE a basement. I own my basement---yes--I'm a 26-year-old-college-kid, and I OWN my own basement, (along with the other floor of the house).

Mr. Bathroom Scale says what?

(a way to learn the metric system)

I may have lost some weight in the past few months, but I know I still weigh more than most of the women here...so I'm not playin' that one..

I went to the refridgerator and I saw...

(the first person starts with something that begins with 'A' like 'apple' and then so on.)

Tons and TONS of leftovers.

Game Over.

Let's play super-spamalot!

(tell us your favorite things one letter and one post at a time)

Please add your own ideas to the list.

:hysterical:

:hysterical:

Hey Del--my mom doesn't HAVE a basement. I own my basement---yes--I'm a 26-year-old-college-kid, and I OWN my own basement, (along with the other floor of the house).

Maybe you should rent out your basement to some of our members. That way they could at least claim to be moving forward in life. :D

I may have lost some weight in the past few months, but I know I still weigh more than most of the women here...so I'm not playin' that one..

I'm 47 years old. Never think that you need to weigh as little or anywhere near what many of the twiggy types weigh in at. For my money a woman with curves is far more sexy than a woman without them.

A big butt and a smile are what I'm into. I haven't seen your butt, but you do have a beautiful smile. The kind that lights up your eyes and says, "sexy".

Okay, enough of that... before Dave finishes the Christmas lights and looks over your shoulder to see what I said.

Tons and TONS of leftovers.

Game Over.

I was hoping a Jeffery Dalmer type would play that refridgerator game and when the letter got to 'G' he would say, "Greg"

:o

Maybe you should rent out your basement to some of our members. That way they could at least claim to be moving forward in life. :D

I don't think I need people who live in their mom's basements moving into Mandy's basement. :lol: Dave would kill me. :o

I'm 47 years old. Never think that you need to weigh as little or anywhere near what many of the twiggy types weigh in at. For my money a woman with curves is far more sexy than a woman without them.

A big butt and a smile are what I'm into. I haven't seen your butt, but you do have a beautiful smile. The kind that lights up your eyes and says, "sexy".

Okay, enough of that... before Dave finishes the Christmas lights and looks over your shoulder to see what I said.

Dave likes it when he sees other men interested in me. :lol: It's like a trophy or some stupid man shit. :rolleyes:

I was hoping a Jeffery Dalmer type would play that refridgerator game and when the letter got to 'G' he would say, "Greg"

Let's see....

let's see...

Who's the Jeffery Dalmer type in this forum?

:unsure:

1."What's in your belly button, and does it have an odor?"  (yeah, it leaves out the "outies" but we're not being PC are we?)

2.What's stuck in between the keys on your keyboard thread"

3."Name your private parts thread!" (I'll start it off...mine's called Homer..)

4."Plain, or mint flavored floss/how often do you pull the ribmeat chunks from your choppers thread?"

5.Scratch and sniff thread" (yeah, he deserves his own.) (good luck with the logistics...)

6."What's your proctologist's name , and are his digits comfy?"  

Dave likes it when he sees other men interested in me. :lol: It's like a trophy or some stupid man shit. :rolleyes:

Just don't tell him about my Lake Tahoe offer (wink-wink), he's got enough on his mind with all the problems with getting the Christmas lights working. :lol:

Let's see....

let's see...

Who's the Jeffery Dalmer type in this forum?

:unsure:

Most people would say Scratch, but I don't think he would be willing to make room in his refridgerator with all the Meister Brau and bulk chubs of Sam's Club baloney.

Couldn't be Hermit either because he's not a meat eater.

Stringbender... possibly. But then again String is Amish so I don't think he even has a refridgerator.

Don't look at me either because I have an alibi... been posting too much to kill anyone and chop them up.

I think it's Magic Sam.

1."What's in your belly button, and does it have an odor?"  (yeah, it leaves out the "outies" but we're not being PC are we?)

2.What's stuck in between the keys on your keyboard thread"

3."Name your private parts thread!" (I'll start it off...mine's called Homer..)

4."Plain, or mint flavored floss/how often do you pull the ribmeat chunks from your choppers thread?"

5.Scratch and sniff thread" (yeah, he deserves his own.) (good luck with the logistics...)

6."What's your proctologist's name , and are his digits comfy?"  

I like the "Name Your Private Parts Thread" the best.

Mine is Mr. Peabody

I had a girlfriend one time and some of her parts I just called Droopy & Stretch

Just don't tell him about my Lake Tahoe offer (wink-wink), he's got enough on his mind with all the problems with getting the Christmas lights working. :lol:

Most people would say Scratch, but I don't think he would be willing to make room in his refridgerator with all the Meister Brau and bulk chubs of Sam's Club baloney.

Couldn't be Hermit either because he's not a meat eater.

Stringbender... possibly. But then again String is Amish so I don't think he even has a refridgerator.

Don't look at me either because I have an alibi... been posting too much to kill anyone and chop them up.

I think it's Magic Sam.

NOOOO!!!!

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Anyone but Sam!

I like the "Name Your Private Parts Thread" the best.

Mine is Mr. Peabody

I had a girlfriend one time and some of her parts I just called Droopy & Stretch

:lol:

I guess she could have used a bit of one of the following: either a "nip and tuck" or a bit more plumping up, eh?

And you had a girlfriend just one time? :huh:

fwliw,.. I closed out over there 4515 posts.

I deleted all mine too. :(

aw well,.. we'll always have the memories of those "communications" [ naughty.gif ], eh babe?

:D

I have some really nice PMs on the old site, too. Quite....illuminating..... B)

What I really miss is my "Countess of Confectionary Delights" title. It made me feel special. :P

Ooh, I'm gonna love posting in those threads. :lol:

So far, all I can think of is Icky Words You Love to Hate (I gotta go with 'smegma' and 'Republican').

Hey LoS those two words kinda go together,almost like peanut butter and jelly :lol:

Archived