YOUR POST COUNT IS STARTING TO WORRY ME

Del Zeppnile

Hey-did anyone notice there is now a top 20 posters today link on the bottom of the forum? It shows who posted the most today and how many posts they made.

With respect does that really matter ?? :)

No, it doesn't. I just discovered it though, so I had to point it out. Just in case anyone else actually cared.

Thats ok It wasn't a dig, just I think this topic was kinda pointing out that loads seem obsessed by how many posts ! have a great day !! :)

I agree about the post counts. I'm kind of high in post counts right now because I've been home the last few days, preparing for the holiday. I don't usually post 200 posts in three days, but I guess It's been trigger-happy posting mode for me. :lol:

My old post count came to an average of 6.678 per day. So even though I had over 9,000 posts, that was over five years.

I don't like the one-word posting games. Every once in a while, you'll see me in there, but I don't play them too often, because I usually feel like I'm spamming the board with my stuff. I also try to stay out of threads that don't interest me, instead of posting complaints, (which I've seen on the old board quite a bit...).

Anyway everyone, I should calm down in the next day or so...I have to go back to work tomorrow and school starts back up on Monday. :lol:

I agree about the post counts. I'm kind of high in post counts right now because I've been home the last few days, preparing for the holiday. I don't usually post 200 posts in three days, but I guess It's been trigger-happy posting mode for me. :lol:

My old post count came to an average of 6.678 per day. So even though I had over 9,000 posts, that was over five years.

I don't like the one-word posting games. Every once in a while, you'll see me in there, but I don't play them too often, because I usually feel like I'm spamming the board with my stuff. I also try to stay out of threads that don't interest me, instead of posting complaints, (which I've seen on the old board quite a bit...).

Anyway everyone, I should calm down in the next day or so...I have to go back to work tomorrow and school starts back up on Monday. :lol:

What is wrong with enjoying playing the one word games?

DAMMIT, you are only just beating me on post count woman!!!! :lol: :lol: Joking. Yeah as I said earlier I don't visit the word games too much, seems like an easy way to boost posts. Seems like we are two of the people that are most trigger happy Mandy...oh well. :thumbsup:

:lol: Now its by two that I'm beating you! You'd better start spamming the hell out of us! Quick, fast!!!

Audrey-I just think that when you play a whole ton of the one-word answer games, there could be a lot more that you're contributing to the board with those posts. That's all.

:lol: Now its by two that I'm beating you! You'd better start spamming the hell out of us! Quick, fast!!!

Audrey-I just think that when you play a whole ton of the one-word answer games, there could be a lot more that you're contributing to the board with those posts. That's all.

I see what you are saying now. That makes sense. I do enjoy playing the games as well as contributing to the site.

fyi..

if you go to the Members list you can view the list in order of total posts.

fwliw.. currently those spammers [ :P ] members with 100+ posts are..

Electrophile

zoso13zeppelin

manderlyh

redeyedrichard

GetTheLedOut

edited to add:

fyi2.. under "My Assistant" you can view lists of the

'Overall top 20 posters' and 'Today's top 20 posters'

I'm finding it hard to get in a groove here. On L-Z.com, there was "Show new replies to your posts", which was an easy way of keeping up with your normal conversations, and jumping back into them. But unless I'm missing something, the same functionality doesn't exist here, only "new posts" overall, which are hard to wade through. You can subscribe to a thread, then track it that way, but still not very easy to manage. So I find myself not bothering as much...

As far as post counts, I forget who it was on the old forum, but there was always somebody in the "What are you listening to?" thread, who just posted every song he listened to, all day long. Like every 5 minutes, there'd be a new post saying "Hotel California", then 5 minutes later "Crazy Train", etc.

fyi..

if you go to the Members list you can view the list in order of total posts.

fwliw.. currently those spammers [ :P ] members with 100+ posts are..

Electrophile

zoso13zeppelin

manderlyh

redeyedrichard

GetTheLedOut

edited to add:

fyi2.. under "My Assistant" you can view lists of the

'Overall top 20 posters' and 'Today's top 20 posters'

Hey man, I ain't spamming....read all the messages I've posted. You will find I only visited a 'spamming' thread once. :lol:

Hmmmm, interesting...turns out Leddy that you have posted more than me today :lol: Now who's obsessed??!!! :lol: :lol:

Oops !! ok I am a post count obsessed lol ! as someone said earlier I think from time to time you have more time to be on here and post and other times you are not. !......Right back to pushing the count up, where are those song name games for one word replies....not lol :D

As far as post counts, I forget who it was on the old forum, but there was always somebody in the "What are you listening to?" thread, who just posted every song he listened to, all day long. Like every 5 minutes, there'd be a new post saying "Hotel California", then 5 minutes later "Crazy Train", etc.

While it's true that I've been guilty of posting in that thread on occassion,it's very rare.If I respond at all,at least I'll put more than one goddamn song.I do so when there's a lull in activity,but never just to bolster a post-count.If someone wears a post-count as a badge of honor;that's an indicator of a bigger issue.On the other hand;someone may look at other members' post counts as a measure of their level of experience in dealing with message boards in general,not just this one in paticular.

The paradox continues.

I was closing in on my 5000'th post on the old site.....I was really hoping when I hit it that my disc tray would pop open with an ice cold beer or something.....

It wouldn't have happened, IGG. Not even when I hit 9,000.

I just deleted all my PMs over there. I didn't know how else to manage them. All my communications with my special friends. Gone forever... :'(

It wouldn't have happened, IGG. Not even when I hit 9,000.

I just deleted all my PMs over there. I didn't know how else to manage them. All my communications with my special friends. Gone forever... :'(

wow..I would delete mine anytime I got close to 12

I'm guessing you found a way to save them...I never bothered

I was at exactly 1700 on the old board

I just did that too. I saved some of them, but still . . Feels like a chunk of your life disappearing, as pathetic as that sounds. :(

fwliw,.. I closed out over there 4515 posts.

I deleted all mine too. :(

aw well,.. we'll always have the memories of those "communications" [ naughty.gif ], eh babe?

:D

Archived