YOUR POST COUNT IS STARTING TO WORRY ME

Del Zeppnile

So what are the different Member Levels ? ? ?

IE, I know this much:

NEW MEMBER -- 0 posts

MEMBER -- 10 or 15 posts ?

ZEP HEAD -- at 100 posts

There are enough threads that are games, that thread counts can get high with little or no brain cells used... :o

IE, I'm going to say a Number.... then you type in one that's higher....

But games are a part of any social board on the web... :D

It wouldn't have happened, IGG. Not even when I hit 9,000.

I just deleted all my PMs over there. I didn't know how else to manage them. All my communications with my special friends. Gone forever... :'(

"Like Tears...In the Rain..."

I don't see anything wrong with the one-word post games... it never occured to me that people would use them to boost their post count. I had one of the highest post counts on the old board... it really didn't mean anything... except for I liked to chat with other Zep fans. Big deal! I have never witnessed this superiority some claim the longstanding members seem to have because of their high post count; I personally think it was completely made up in people's minds.

I don't see anything wrong with the one-word post games... it never occured to me that people would use them to boost their post count. I had one of the highest post counts on the old board... it really didn't mean anything... except for I liked to chat with other Zep fans. Big deal! I have never witnessed this superiority some claim the longstanding members seem to have because of their high post count; I personally think it was completely made up in people's minds.

I think alot of this thread and its offspring thread is a bit tongue in cheek !! letsface it what would we talk about if we didn't complain a bit :blink: ....oh of course led Zeppelin !! :)

Actually I was going to be devils advocate and start a "WTF do people write long and boring posts, when they could condense for people who do not have time to read 29 paragraphs about what they ate today, what colour toilet paper they used and post a yet another pic of themselves thread" but that would be predictable !! :)

So what are the different Member Levels ? ? ?

IE, I know this much:

NEW MEMBER -- 0 posts

MEMBER -- 10 or 15 posts ?

ZEP HEAD -- at 100 posts

There are enough threads that are games, that thread counts can get high with little or no brain cells used... :o

IE, I'm going to say a Number.... then you type in one that's higher....

But games are a part of any social board on the web... :D

I know, it is a little silly, the games. But it can also be a fun way to talk to someone, and of course the psycoanalyis (sp?), of the association of words can be interesting.

Many of our board hook-ups STARTED in those silly threads.

I think that is cool.

And I still just want a beer for post counts... :lol:

Think of some new thread ideas in case they start a seperate game sub-forum.

Here are some of my ideas:

What does your fart smell like?

(so we know what you had for lunch yesterday)

Let's play I see something!

(one word responses of something you see in your mother's basement where you are posting from)

What is your favorite color today?

(in most forums 'beer color' is usually the #1 response)

Mustard or Ketchup?

(a game about condiments)

Let's play spell check!

(somebody posts a word and the next person corrects the spelling)

What are your mediciations?

(only Doctor prescribed meds)

Mr. Bathroom Scale says what?

(a way to learn the metric system)

I went to the refridgerator and I saw...

(the first person starts with something that begins with 'A' like 'apple' and then so on.)

Let's play super-spamalot!

(tell us your favorite things one letter and one post at a time)

Please add your own ideas to the list.

Ahhhhh Yes, I remember My "Post Your Favorite Position" Thread . . . . . .

That got a lot of GOOD responses :):):)

Exactly - I don't understand what the problem is either. Sure enough you can just scroll by those threads you're not interested in. It's not that hard. Some people have fun in the game threads - nothing wrong with that. Nobody's forced to read those threads. And why is it that people keep claiming that they're not interested in post counts and then can't stop bitching about people "spamming" the board to boast their post counts? In which way are "serious" long-winded posts superior to one-word posts anyway? It's a message board. Most people hang out here to kill some time...maybe have some fun. It's not the bleeding UNO or something. :wacko:

Hey! I can't pay and cents a post or a quote! (poor college kid here--can barely pay car insurance and for gas...)

Do you really want me to go away? :'( :'( :'(

I hang out here because it's cheaper than hanging out in a bar, going to the movies, going shopping, eating dinner out, going for a drive in the mountains, buying a newspaper, etc. :lol:

Archived