The Black Keys reveal details of Danger Mouse produced album

GetTheLedOut

Source

The Black Keys reveal details of Danger Mouse produced album

They'll hit the road in March

The Black Keys have revealed details of their forthcoming album, produced by Danger Mouse.

'Attack and Release' is the Ohio duo's fifth album and is due out on April 1 in the US. It features 11 tracks and contributions from instrumentalists including Marc Ribot and Ralph Carney -- members of Tom Waits' band.

The tracklisting is:

'All You Ever Wanted'

'I Got Mine'

'Strange Times'

'Psychotic Girl'

'Lies'

'Remember When' (Side A)

'Remember When' (Side B)

'Same Old Thing'

'So He Won't Break'

'Oceans & Streams'

'Things Ain't Like They Used to Be'

The band have also announced a tour in support of the new album. It kicks off with a stop at Austin's South by Southwest Festival on March 12 and concludes May 17 in Boston.

The tour dates are:

Austin, TX SXSW (March 12-16)

Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre (27)

Tempe, AZ Marquee Theatre (28)

San Diego, CA House of Blues (29)

Pomona, CA Glasshouse (30)

Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theatre (April 1)

San Francisco, CA Warfield Theatre (2)

Portland, OR Crystal Ballroom (4)

Seattle, WA Showbox SoDo (5)

Vancouver, British Columbia Commodore Ballroom (6)

Denver, CO Ogden Theatre (9)

Omaha, NE Slowdown (10)

Minneapolis, MN First Avenue (11)

Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre (12)

Indianapolis, IN The Vogue (13)

Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music Theatre (15)

Washington, DC 9:30 Club (May 12, 13)

New York, NY Terminal 5 (15)

Philadelphia, PA The Fillmore at Theater of Living Arts (16)

Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre (17)

I'm obviously very excited about this. Heard the details on Tuesday, have been hearing about the album for months. I'm either traveling to their New York or Boston show with my best friend, we haven't decided. We only have today to figure that out though. I cannot freaking wait!! :D :D :D

*edit to add that I love I Got Mine and Oceans & Streams, but Remember When is my favorite so far. Honestly I don't really care for Strange Time, it's weird. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the other songs as well as the studio versions of the songs I've mentioned. Also, I was surprised to hear that Remember When is a long song--it was the shortest at their 12/22/2007 show.

I'm obviously very excited about this. Heard the details on Tuesday, have been hearing about the album for months. I'm either traveling to their New York or Boston show with my best friend, we haven't decided. We only have today to figure that out though. I cannot freaking wait!! :D :D :D

*edit to add that I love I Got Mine and Oceans & Streams, but Remember When is my favorite so far. Honestly I don't really care for Strange Time, it's weird. Anyways, I'm very much looking forward to hearing the other songs as well as the studio versions of the songs I've mentioned. Also, I was surprised to hear that Remember When is a long song--it was the shortest at their 12/22/2007 show.

Something told me you'd be the first to reply to this :rolleyes:

The tour dates are:

Austin, TX SXSW (March 12-16)

Tucson, AZ Rialto Theatre (27)

Tempe, AZ Marquee Theatre (28)

San Diego, CA House of Blues (29)

Pomona, CA Glasshouse (30)

Los Angeles, CA Wiltern Theatre (April 1)

San Francisco, CA Warfield Theatre (2)

Portland, OR Crystal Ballroom (4)

Seattle, WA Showbox SoDo (5)

Vancouver, British Columbia Commodore Ballroom (6)

Denver, CO Ogden Theatre (9)

Omaha, NE Slowdown (10)

Minneapolis, MN First Avenue (11)

Chicago, IL Riviera Theatre (12)

Indianapolis, IN The Vogue (13)

Royal Oak, MI Royal Oak Music Theatre (15)

Washington, DC 9:30 Club (May 12, 13)

New York, NY Terminal 5 (15)

Philadelphia, PA The Fillmore at Theater of Living Arts (16)

Boston, MA Orpheum Theatre (17)

Can't they get their lazy asses over here? Pretty please? :rolleyes:

Can't they get their lazy asses over here? Pretty please? :rolleyes:

I suppose you're European, so I can't but agree with you.. The Keys has been in Sweden a fair amount of times, but it's been a while since the last time. Unfortunatly I have missed them every time..

More details for those interested:

"Fans of the Keys' hard-hitting blues-influenced rock'n'roll will feel most at home on the 141-second stomper "Remember When (Side B)," which features a ripping Dan Auerbach guitar solo.

But nearly every other track is enhanced by production and instrumental elements the group has never previously employed, including the banjo- and organ-flecked opener "All You Ever Wanted," the rave up "Strange Times," which features piano and ghostly backing vocals, and the bare-bones "Same Old Thing," which sports bongo drums and flute.

Elsewhere, the Keys hone in on the slower side of the blues, particularly on the off-kilter "Psychotic Girl" and the slide guitar- and organ-laden closer "Things Ain't Like They Used To Be," a duet with Auerbach and his protege, Jessica Lea Mayfield."

http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/articl...t_id=1003695175

*edit to add that I will be going to see them in New York :D

Honestly, it's not too surprising...I mean, look at the response here. How sad for those missing out. I've heard that the 'Keys expect big things in terms of increased popularity with this album, which is interesting considering how much they've changed this time around. I guess we'll just have to see.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived