2023 NFL Playoff Pick 'em Pool

Walter

Happy New Year! Whether you competed in the regular season pick pool or not, you are invited to join the 2023 NFL Playoff Pick 'em Pool. Just like the regular season, the winner will be based on the number of correct picks you make each round. If we get to the Super Bowl and have a tie, we will resort to picking total points as a tie breaker. 

Here are this week's slate of games:

Saturday, January 14:

4:30 pm eastern - Seattle at San Francisco

8:15 pm eastern - LA Chargers at Jacksonville

Sunday, January 15:

1:00 pm eastern - Miami at Buffalo

4:30 pm eastern - NY Giants at Minnesota

8:15 pm eastern - Baltimore at Cincinnati

Monday, January 16:

8:15 pm eastern - Dallas at Tampa Bay

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Good to hear and thank you. Still haven't seen a picture of the Boston Butt you had on the grill yesterday.

so heres the deal with my 3 kids out on their own i'm what you would call challenged when it comes to using the computer and iPhone and down loading pictures etc... unless my kids come home  and show me lol I do have pictures of preparation, dry rub and sit overnite and finished product which was so good we ate and drank and never watched football lol

6 hours ago, Walter said:

Happy New Year! Whether you competed in the regular season pick pool or not, you are invited to join the 2023 NFL Playoff Pick 'em Pool. Just like the regular season, the winner will be based on the number of correct picks you make each round. If we get to the Super Bowl and have a tie, we will resort to picking total points as a tie breaker. 

Here are this week's slate of games:

Saturday, January 14:

Sunday, January 15:

Monday, January 16:

Good luck!

Welcome Walter - our new Benevolent Overlord!  :D 

Saturday, January 14:

Sunday, January 15:

8:15 pm eastern - Baltimore at Cincinnati (against my better judgement...)

Monday, January 16:

Saturday, January 14:

4:30 pm eastern - Seattle at San Francisco

Sunday, January 15:

Monday, January 16:

Thanks for taking the playoffs on, Walter.

San Francisco. They say it is tough to beat a team three times in one season, but come on, what in the past month has shown that Seattle has what it takes to beat the 49ers?

Jacksonville. What Chargers team will show up? What Jacksonville team, for that matter?

Buffalo. There is no way Tua can be ready and clear from his two concussions to play in this game...at least not without adverse results. There is no way a Tua-less Miami team should beat Josh Allen and the Bills. If Buffalo loses this game, Rick, you don't get to brag about any of your sports teams for a year. Hahaha.

Minnesota. I have no confidence in either team and I don't really care about watching this game. Whomever wins is cannon fodder for San Francisco.

Cincinnati. With or without Lamar Jackson, the blueprint has already been shown by the Patriots and Chargers how to beat the Ravens in the playoffs.

Tampa Bay. The weird thing is I can see Dallas beating Tampa Bay in a rout. Tampa Bay was terrible against the run this season and Zeke and Pollard should have their way with them. But then I see McCarthy over on the sidelines looking befuddled and I see that Dallas is 1-4 on grass this year and now that we are in the playoffs, the Tampa Bay veterans will cast off their regular season boredom and get their focus on for the playoffs. Dallas is even favored, which means they can't even use the "world disrespects us" grudge that a lot of teams like to use. This game is getting a lot of hype because it is Brady vs. the Cowboys but this could very well be the dullest, worst game of the weekend.

10 hours ago, Strider said:

What's the deal @LedZeppfan1977 and @paul carruthers? Aren't you picking in the playoffs?

Did not know?  Better pm paul Sean.  Here are my picks.  Just to win.  Not vs spread?

SF 49ers  (laying the points)

Chargers  (ill take Herbert over Lawrence any day)

Buffalo  🦬 ( good luck Browngrass.  And Micah Hyde is almost ready, I got in early-10.5.  Its now 13.5)

Minnesota  (i don’t get this line?  Ill take the Vikes and hope Cousins is on)

Cincinnati. (Hope Im wrong, Ravens w points)  I know Baltimore and their defense have a shot here.  I am hoping they can get a couple turnovers on Burrows.  Go Ravens!

Dallas.  ( McCarthy sucks yes.  But Dallas are the better team.  Id pick any team over Tampa, except maybe Miami ?  This should be Bradys last game)

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

26 minutes ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Lots of Love for Jax and Giants.  

Yup. I think the Giants secondary is going to get torched by Jefferson. Should be a good game. 
Tonight…Jacksonville has the obvious momentum. I’ve seen good running backs tear up the J-Ville D and quite honestly they’ve been very opportunistic (lucky) winning some of the games they won down the stretch. Herbert was playing injured the first time they met also. 

Enjoying the Chargers’ ass kicking of Jacksonville thus far, along with the UFC card, with a fire pit on the back porch. Frigid night in central Florida! 
Doing a Boston Butt tomorrow on the pellet smoker. Rubbed her down this morning in preparation. Wrong thread! ;) 🤪

5C0ECE9E-AC6E-408F-9624-0284B2E0A110.jpeg

D1A9B2B2-60CE-4EE2-A5AD-0E255A777BF0.png

Edited by Walter

8 hours ago, Walter said:

Enjoying the Chargers’ ass kicking of Jacksonville thus far...

How'd that work out for ya'? 😮

I think the Chargers should officially change their name to the Bungles.

Oh, and please change my Minnesota pick to the Giants. Call it a hunch.

9 hours ago, Walter said:

Enjoying the Chargers’ ass kicking of Jacksonville thus far, along with the UFC card, with a fire pit on the back porch. Frigid night in central Florida! 
Doing a Boston Butt tomorrow on the pellet smoker. Rubbed her down this morning in preparation. Wrong thread! ;) 🤪

5C0ECE9E-AC6E-408F-9624-0284B2E0A110.jpeg

D1A9B2B2-60CE-4EE2-A5AD-0E255A777BF0.png

Can you believe that shit?  Have you ever seen a worse defense than the stinking Chargers?  And that guy that got flagged for taking his helmet off had a legit complaint.  The guy was held and no flag.  Officials suck as usual.  Jacksonville sucks. The  only thing they have is the front line on defense. They must go after Mahomes and hammer him if that is the matchup.  Al Micheals is a has been.  He stinks. I am so hoping the Ravens upset the apple cart and beat the Bungles as Strider calls them.  My late uncle lived in Dayton Ohio for a while before going to Florida with the rest of the family.  Always went to Cincy games.  The Reds more.  Bitched about the Steelers being so good.  I am hoping that Baltimore goes to KC. but if the Bengals win, Jax would go.  The  only thing they can do it give Mahomes fits with the pass rush and catch that little girly QB a few times.  The Chargers should fire that dumb ass coach.  What a dumb ass.  Herbert has to be fuming. Talk about no defense.  They SUCK.  Another mystery game today is that Vikings game. But  since Sean changed his pick, Minnesota is a LOCK!!!!!!!  😆