2023 NFL Playoff Pick 'em Pool

Walter

1 hour ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

At least winning.  Prescott good so far.  I thought Thanksgiving was best game ever. So far so good tonight 

I think that’s about it! Dak had an amazing night. Maher needs to be a goldfish. 

so many times yesterday i was going to switch my pick to Dallas but didn't because of Daks horrible play and turnovers well he came up big  last nite, zero turnovers and actually threw ball out of bounds rather than force, i'm so glad he proved me wrong if he can continue not to turnover  cowboys can beat 49ers but now we have to worry about the kicker ! Doomsday was back

10 hours ago, Walter said:

No shit! WTF!!?! Bring back Rafael Septian!! 

walter do you remember think in 84or85 cowboys won east and were set to travel to LA for meeting with Rams in a showdown of Dickerson and Dorsett? midweek Septien had a incident involving a under age girl and Landry fired  his ass and Cowboys  went to LA with no kicker, remember several times inside 20 cowboys had no choice but to go for it and failed and lost believe around 20-6, a much diffrent time and coach and league for sure

6 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

walter do you remember think in 84or85 cowboys won east and were set to travel to LA for meeting with Rams in a showdown of Dickerson and Dorsett? midweek Septien had a incident involving a under age girl and Landry fired  his ass and Cowboys  went to LA with no kicker, remember several times inside 20 cowboys had no choice but to go for it and failed and lost believe around 20-6, a much diffrent time and coach and league for sure

I didn't until you brought it up, but yes I do remember that. 

1 minute ago, Walter said:

I didn't until you brought it up, but yes I do remember that. 

and 1 more tidbit for us cowboy fans at the time he was the most accurate kicker in nfl history and congrats to junior, guess you got a ringer in the family

Edited by custard pie man

4 minutes ago, custard pie man said:

and 1 more tidbit for us cowboy fans at the time he was the most accurate kicker in nfl history and congrats to junior, guess you got a ringer in the family

He always picks better than I do in the playoffs...

Standings:

Junior 6-0

Redrum 5-1

Strider 5-1

jabe 5-1

Custard Pie Man 4-2

LedZeppelin1977 4-2

Walter 4-2

Mrs. Walter 4-2

ebk 3-3

greengrass 2-4

This week's matchups:

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Jacksonville @ Kansas City 4:30 ET

NY Giants @ Philadelphia 8:15 ET

Sunday, January 22

Cincinnati @ Buffalo 3:00 ET

Dallas @ San Francisco 6:30 ET

Ok, here's my brief thoughts on Wild Card Weekend. Even though I missed the game last night, glad to see the Boys actually showed up & took care of business and their feet and cleats all over Tom Brady. I hear Tom is supposedly wanting to hang around for just one more season again & go to Las Vegas. Good Luck with that if the NFL is one hell of a drug & Tom can't quit it for whatever reason. Just thinking about KC punking the Brady Raiders next season leaves a permanent grin on my face--if I"m not too happy already.

I'm not surprised that most of the divisional matchups yesterday were close contest. I'm not going to go along with the "if we had Tua, we would have won" thought process, but I'm obviously still bitter that maybe Brian Flores was right when he said he had no faith in Tua and wanted to draft Herbert. That one is still eating away at me...

I don't want to sound too smart here, I just had the a gut feeling that the game of the weekend, Giants/Vikings was close & that "Big Game" Kirk Cousins was going to wet the bed again & won't be able to style and profile on an airplane & rock his bling or whatever. Shit like that just makes me smile for no reason...

Now my picks that will obviously bomb...

Chiefs in what will be a very close game with the Jaguars

Eagles (I'm still not sure if Jalen is 100% healthy, but I'm going to ride with the #1 seed in another close ballgame)....

Bills (another close ballgame)...

And San Fran beating down the Cowboys (some things are just going to come to fruition. Or to paraphrase Stephen A. Smith, "an ass whoopin' waiting to happen)...

Edited by paul carruthers

Welcome back Paul.  My picks 

KC. (Jacksonville does not belong, but remember that KC is 2-10 vs spread.  Im taking this one over)

Philadelphia. (Defense too much for Giants. Great job Doboll, but it ends here)

Buffalo Bills.  (Yes, ❤️ heart!  But Josh Allen two interceptions not his fault.  Bad bounce off Beasley and John Brown blew the route,   Vegas has Bills -5 for a reason. Bengals lost more players vs  maybe the most physical team in NFL, Baltimore.  And Ravens should have won.  I expect Micah Hyde to return in this game.  Hope Jackson is ready.  I am expecting a showdown in Georgia 🇬🇪.

San Francisco (  I loved Dallas last night!  Bet them a week ago vs a team that sucked all year and Brady needs to go work at Fox.  I believe last night was his last game but we shall see.  SF has a tough D.  I expect Dallas to put up a fight but McCaffery will be the difference.

Edited by LedZeppfan1977

5 hours ago, Strider said:

I might adjust my picks then...especially regarding the state of Cincinnati's O-line.

Yup. That’s the only reason I might choose the Bills. 

5 hours ago, Strider said:

That's what you thought last week with my picks.

:lol: 

Here we go with the Cowpokes again. 

This week's matchups:

Saturday, January 21, 2023

Jacksonville @ Kansas City 4:30 ET

NY Giants @ Philadelphia 8:15 ET

Sunday, January 22

Cincinnati @ Buffalo 3:00 ET

Dallas @ San Francisco 6:30 ET

so as a cowboy fan I picked them in sanfran and picked all other home teams, my thought both bills and bengals played like shit last game and could of both been out so go with home team, chiefs rested and although not playing great should win and eagles also rested and destroyed giants  in giants stadium few weeks back so should win, however if Dallas pulls the upset wouldn't it be great to have giants upset eagles and championship game is in Dallas? c'mon it can happen🤔

On 1/17/2023 at 2:09 PM, Strider said:

That's what you thought last week with my picks.

I had Dallas.  The 3 cappers I follow weekly on BetOn It on YouTube out of Vegas all picking Bills and KC.  Bills to cover,   They like Eagles, SF, also.  Bengals banged up on Offensive line with 3 starters out,  Defense has problems too.  Ravens lost on lucky play.  Bills were up big twice and let them back in.  Wont happen again