Old Mill House's "age"

I had the pleasure of visiting Mill House back in 1990 when Mr. Page had moved out about six months prior; this was. according to the clerk of the youth hostel located several doors down. If anyone can tell me what the age of Mill house is, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's a converted water mill from the eighteenth century (brick part of it) to the right of the white perpendicular part of the building. I just can't find the actual age as designated as a grade 2, historical listing.  All of Page's homes' Boat House, Plumpton, Tower House, Deanery Garden, and Mill house have charm and beauty however, Mill House predates them all. A definitive answer would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you!

David

8 hours ago, DavidCooper said:

I had the pleasure of visiting Mill House back in 1990 when Mr. Page had moved out about six months prior; this was. according to the clerk of the youth hostel located several doors down. If anyone can tell me what the age of Mill house is, I would greatly appreciate it. I know it's a converted water mill from the eighteenth century (brick part of it) to the right of the white perpendicular part of the building. I just can't find the actual age as designated as a grade 2, historical listing.  All of Page's homes' Boat House, Plumpton, Tower House, Deanery Garden, and Mill house have charm and beauty however, Mill House predates them all. A definitive answer would greatly be appreciated!

Thank you!

David

David, very long time no see. When Jimmy owned the property, he only held copies of deeds going back about 60 years (to the 1930s). With regard to the year it was built, I have always presumed it was built during the reign of Queen Anne (1702-1714). I do know the parish register in the oldest church in Clewer Village dates back to 1650. Quite a bit of discussion on Old Mill House can be found here:

• 1 month later...