Return to Knebworth

For the 40th Anniversary, it was thought that us fans should do at least SOMETHING to mark this for the band we all love. Mid 2007 before any news of a reunion hit us we were wondering about a suitable venue. I wondered aloud "Wouldn't it be great if we could get Knebworth?" -not ever thinking that would be possible. but it IS possible! not only possible but CONFIRMED!! Knebworth have agreed to loan us a room in the house to exhibit as much as Zeppelin memorabilia that we can muster. !!This exhibit will be on for the ENTIRE month of August and run into the beginning of September this year!! This is now confirmed with Knebworth House (and I'm talking the ACTUAL house not a village hall down the road!!). The emphasisis on this exhibit is is the ABC TRUST which will receive all the profits. This is NOT going to be a money-making scheme on the back of Zeppelin. As I said ALL profits are to be donated to the ABC. ALL we need is for everyone to have a think about if they have any cool Zep memorabilia that can be shown.(We've all got so much that NEVER gets seen - its such a shame)Anything thats loaned to the exhibit will be itemised and Insured and returned to you at the end of the exhibit. As you can imagine Knebworth House itself is like Fort Knox, and there will be a warden patrolling 24/7 on top of that,(and I'll be there most weekends keeping an eye on all of it!!) so if you're worried about your stuff there's no need to be - AND when I say COOL memorabilia - I mean literally anything - old magazine covers and anything else YOU think is cool - Our only constraint is the size of the room - We've got another meet with Knebworth very soon - Please PM me anytime and I'll give you much further details, and my e-mail address!! - Lets have a chat and see what we've got!!

For the 40th Anniversary, it was thought that us fans should do at least SOMETHING to mark this for the band we all love. Mid 2007 before any news of a reunion hit us we were wondering about a suitable venue. I wondered aloud "Wouldn't it be great if we could get Knebworth?" -not ever thinking that would be possible. but it IS possible! not only possible but CONFIRMED!! Knebworth have agreed to loan us a room in the house to exhibit as much as Zeppelin memorabilia that we can muster. !!This exhibit will be on for the ENTIRE month of August and run into the beginning of September this year!! This is now confirmed with Knebworth House (and I'm talking the ACTUAL house not a village hall down the road!!). The emphasisis on this exhibit is is the ABC TRUST which will receive all the profits. This is NOT going to be a money-making scheme on the back of Zeppelin. As I said ALL profits are to be donated to the ABC. ALL we need is for everyone to have a think about if they have any cool Zep memorabilia that can be shown.(We've all got so much that NEVER gets seen - its such a shame)Anything thats loaned to the exhibit will be itemised and Insured and returned to you at the end of the exhibit. As you can imagine Knebworth House itself is like Fort Knox, and there will be a warden patrolling 24/7 on top of that,(and I'll be there most weekends keeping an eye on all of it!!) so if you're worried about your stuff there's no need to be - AND when I say COOL memorabilia - I mean literally anything - old magazine covers and anything else YOU think is cool - Our only constraint is the size of the room - We've got another meet with Knebworth very soon - Please PM me anytime and I'll give you much further details, and my e-mail address!! - Lets have a chat and see what we've got!!

Sounds fantastic H.

But isn't the 30th anniversary NEXT year? :huh:

Oh woops - of the BAND - pardon me. As you were. ;)

well there is a thought to have one in 2009 as well yes :D

Sounds a great idea , not that I have much in the way of memorabilia but I would love to go back to knebworth ! . I think Dave Lewis and the boys at TBL might be in on this one too (but dont quote me on that) . Best having it this year ,as maybe it will be booked for 09, some bands annivesary or something ( god, imagine that one :blink: ) .... chin chin .

Sounds a great idea , not that I have much in the way of memorabilia but I would love to go back to knebworth ! . I think Dave Lewis and the boys at TBL might be in on this one too (but dont quote me on that) . Best having it this year ,as maybe it will be booked for 09, some bands annivesary or something ( god, imagine that one :blink: ) .... chin chin .

Dave isn't involved in the Organisation of this, no but he will be lending some of his stuff for all to see.

I have a massive collection of things, and would not like to take the chance aplogises,but this is how I feel.

I am lending most of my valuable stuff but I understand how you feel - What have you got? - Could you not PM me? - I know you don't know me and it's a big ask for anyone

Also people can help by providing transport/lifts and carrying and generally help around the place - the more the merrier. We wanted this to be a fans' big fat "thank you" to the greatest band there ever was and ever will be

Anyone who CAN help in any way will be invited to a Private champagne reception to be held at the

house before the exhibit officially opens

Sounds cool I shall pm you !!

B) I was wondering when you were going to announce this, Harley !! :D

As I said a while back, I'll be sending you some stuff - whether it will be usable, that's up to you :wave:

Very generous of you ZW - but keep hold of anything for now - We're going to Knebworth soon to have a final "measure up" Since I spoke to you we now have final confirmation from Knebworth and we have cemented it with them so there's no going back now. We're gonna do some information packs and are busy talking to sponsors

Very generous of you ZW - but keep hold of anything for now - We're going to Knebworth soon to have a final "measure up" Since I spoke to you we now have final confirmation from Knebworth and we have cemented it with them so there's no going back now. We're gonna do some information packs and are busy talking to sponsors

OKAY , GOOD STUFF ! :)

I'll gather my best bits! Send me a mailing addy! And unlike certain who've posted here, I know and trust with complete certainty that it will be well handled and returned. It's not even a question my friend! I'll send my best stuff!! Cheers! :beer:

I'll gather my best bits! Send me a mailing addy! And unlike certain who've posted here, I know and trust with complete certainty that it will be well handled and returned. It's not even a question my friend! I'll send my best stuff!! Cheers! :beer:

All I can say is THANKS man!!

Archived