Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
jadester48

if you could contact the surviving band members...

Well, firstly i would thank them for their work with Led Zeppelin. I would then thank them for helping greatly with the development of my musical taste. It's thanks to LZ that i have started checking out some old blues artists, and even a little bit of jazz, latin and indian music!

I would have to say their music has given me such inspiration and invigoration; I've been listening to tons of jazz over the years and it was time to get my rock n' roll back on, and boy have they done that for me in spades! Their music goes straight to the center of my body and they give me this sense of magic, mystery, decadence, wonder, and dirty dirty thoughts. I feel like I've got this teenage boy living inside my 37 year-old woman-self who just wants to listen to rock music and get laid. It's a nice life!

heheh it does epitomise rock music doesn't it?

BTW, forgot to put in the beginning of the thread, i am wondering what sort of things you might say to them *apart from* the standard things that not just fans, but reporters and so on, want to know (e.g. will there be a tour?)

I would have to say their music has given me such inspiration and invigoration; I've been listening to tons of jazz over the years and it was time to get my rock n' roll back on, and boy have they done that for me in spades! Their music goes straight to the center of my body and they give me this sense of magic, mystery, decadence, wonder, and dirty dirty thoughts. I feel like I've got this teenage boy living inside my 37 year-old woman-self who just wants to listen to rock music and get laid. It's a nice life!

I would thank them for making rock ROCK. They are what rock was always meant to be--controversial, bone shaking, libido surging, raw, sensual, life changing, etherial, eternal.

I would thank them for their contribution to music history. In 50 years (from now) they will be studied in university music programs and in late 20th century cultural classes.

I hear ya! I strayed from rock into jazz for about 20 years. I was always a HUGE Zep fan (since 1969). I'm now a 54 year old hippie chick revisiting my youth. What better way than to come back to my roots! I once again renewed my obsession with Zep. Helps me remember what I forgot about the 70's. Oh and yes, there has never been a front man, let alone human, more incredible that Percy!!!!!

I health etc permit, I'd tell them to get a finger out and get back to putting out music. They never let opinions get in their way before.... why should they now.

I have a really long list.

Quick version

Robert: What's your favorite memory during your Zep days?

Jimmy: What inspired Zoso? Not the meaning, but what caused it.

JPJ: If he didn't party like they did how did he entertain himself on the road?

i don't know.. i probably wouldn't ask them that much. i'm kind of quiet and wierd

they'd probably be like "goddamn" if i were there. i guess i'd talk to them about music

stuff. maybe i'd ask them each to take a 3 month vacation together in a peaceful place with a mobile recording studio handy hint hint. they would probably have me removed from their personal area at that point if not already.

Edited by zero

I would ask them if they would be the band to play at my wedding... because, you see, when I was little, about 8 or 9 years old, and listening to them on my brothers stereo (yes, we called them stereos in those days and they came in about five pieces with speakers the size of refrigerators) I always thought that when I grow up and get married to a rock star I want Led Zeppelin to play the music at my wedding party. Imagine my devastation when I finally realized that I wasn't going to get married to a rock star and Led Zeppelin certainly wasn't going to play music at my party. Sadness. :(

Edited by MCM

Well, firstly i would thank them for their work with Led Zeppelin. I would then thank them for helping greatly with the development of my musical taste. It's thanks to LZ that i have started checking out some old blues artists, and even a little bit of jazz, latin and indian music!

well... I would say the same thing, except for the Latin and Indian music. And would say: Thanks to LZ, I now start to play music, Old School style (50's - 80's). And probably I would take a picture.

Thanks for providing tunes for my times.

Oh, and get together and make an album of roots music.

I would probably be too starstruck to say anything but I would certainly thank them for making such great music that is still timeless to this day.

Robert Plant- Hows it feel to win such a prestigious award as "Beard Of The Year"?

Jimmy Page- Are you ever going to play with the Yard birds again?

John Paul Jones- Who's parking the car?

Of that first I would congratulate them for the music that they have created, specially when together, ask for an authograph.....etc, and them maybe plead them to rejoin and creat new music.

First I would thank them for the amazing music they have put out over the years and for the impact that they have left.

I would ask Jimmy Page if he could teach me how to play guitar because I have always wanted to do that.

I would first tell them how important they are to me in music. I would then deeply pray for a guitar, michrophone, bass, Jason Bonham, and the works ect. Ask them if they could do a couple of LZ numbers for me, and then I would request 'Stairway to Heaven Backwards' because they could probably do it and it would be different than the same old routine they are use to playing. Imagine that: "Come on Plant, come on Page I know you've heard it backwards before.. " lol