if you could contact the surviving band members...

jadester48

Robert - Thank you for surviving your Trials. You will be with him again - do not Worry. Your Love is a snow-capped mountain in the distance.

Can I see your record collection? And then I would hug him for a moment.

Jimmy - Thank you for surviving your Trials. I was alone - 'til I found Led Zeppelin. Show me Nothin'. You are the Guardian of the Light. And then I would hug him for a moment.

John Paul - Thank you for surviving your Trials. You are the better Man. Your class exceeds limits given to mortals. You were the Lightning to John's Thunder - silent and brilliant. And then I would hug him for a moment.

Jason - Thank you for surviving your Trials. You are your own Man. Your dad brought power and joy to us all. He was a guy I would love to meet in a quiet pub and share our thoughts on being family men. What you are is what he would be most proud of.

And then I hug him for a moment.

• 3 weeks later...

I would thank them (or whoever i talk to) for the AMAZING music. Then i would want to ask Jimmy Page how he managed to come up with so many memorable riffs and compositions. Same goes with the other two. I would have to ask them after i recover from fainting.....:D

• 2 weeks later...

My dream conversation would include, Jimmy Page and perhaps Robert Plant, Jerry Garcia and maybe Bob Weir, Winston Churchill and J.R.R. Tolkein..........and then I would retire quietly with a mid seventies era Stevie Nicks and whisper in her ear what we had discussed.....

I would try not to let my voice stammer everytime the first 10 seconds is like ah aaah aaaah Hey can i get a picture or a autograph and the last Robert meeting in Nashville i stupidly asked him why he didnt play New Orleans .After just seeing him a few months earlier in Biloxi.His answer theres no venue my friend Sharon says what about the Sanger theater as he was looking for small places.Robert said it was being renovated .We didnt have anything else to say except the usual can i get a autograph and a picture and your great.I have hung out Charlie Daniels had lunch with Skynyrd and have never had a loss for words but Zep does it to me everytime.

First of all I would say a big thank you, for what they have done, and the beautiful music, they created,and filled my life with joy.

Then I would ask them,when are you doing that special tour. After those questions, head for the bar............................

This one is a bit unusual. I'd ask them to lend me their name (and perhaps an instrument and a vocal or two ;) ) for me to do some songs of my own.. well, some of my own, some obscure covers. Kind of like Jann Arden. She was 30 when she made it. I can't play many instruments except drum and piano a tad, though, so I would need help. I'd do anything to make one particular Zeppelin song into one everyone knows.

There's a few other songs that were obscure, that I would like to bring to the limelight... I won't mention anymore lest someone take my idea.

Also, I'd humbly ask them to help me with a local theatre that local residents are trying to save from the wrecking ball.

Pipe dreams... they're too famous for that, although it does seem they valued their fans immensely back then... wearing, and prizing, jewelry and other stuff fans/groupies gave them.

It should be an 'Indian' bow like Jimmy does at the end of SRTS and Kneboworth. That's what I would do.

I would thank all three of them for 40 Years (It is the 40th Aniveresey)

I would ask Jimmy what he thought of jamming with the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band and Vivian Stanshall and what does 'come to Pangborne where the law is inforced' mean.

Will he write his book?

How he a likes the drawings I did of him (in his birthday book).

If he would let me see one of his paintings he's done.

And also anything else he would tell me. Just listening to him talk, I would be thrilled.

Or I might just be too shy to ask anything and I would just give him a huge.

Archived