Who got married to Led Zeppelin music?

Dharmabum

My wedding song was "Thank You"- but I had a hard time convincing my husband to go along with it. When we first met he really didn't care for Zeppelin too much, but since I was such a big fan he asked me to make him a tape of what I considered to be the "best of Zeppelin" because he wanted to try to see what I liked about them so much. So I made him the tape & put "Thank You" on there just to see what he thought of it. Well, he liked the tape & he said "Thank You" is a nice song. 10 months later we got engaged, and the subject of a wedding song came up. But when I suggested "Thank You" he said no f-ing way I'm not having Zeppelin at my wedding.

For several months I tried to talk him into it, but he was not budging. The DJ kept calling me asking what song we were going to have & I couldn't give him an answer. 1 week before the wedding my husband called me & said he had just been listening to the tape I made, and especially "Thank You", and then he said that since it meant so much to me he would be happy to have it as our wedding song. Just as he said that, the song on the station I was listening to ended, and "Thank You" came on !

1 week before the wedding my husband called me & said he had just been listening to the tape I made, and especially "Thank You", and then he said that since it meant so much to me he would be happy to have it as our wedding song. Just as he said that, the song on the station I was listening to ended, and "Thank You" came on !

Hey a fellow Long Islander! ;) Don't you love it when a Zep song comes on the radio at just the right moment?!

I got married at the Justice Of The Peace in Brookhaven town hall on good ole Long Island durring my now Hubby's break from the Army!!!

Our first dance was to All Of My Love and then Fool In The Rain Im a Zep freak love it and then of coarse the Doors Touch Me!!!!

My wife walked down the aisle to Bron-yr-aur and our first dance was The Rain Song. How about you?

That is SO AWESOME!!! I love all of the stories everyone is sharing :D

I wish radio stations would play more Zep and less crap lol

Lots of long islander eh very cool

I miss long island sooo much im now living on an Army Base in VA....

My wedding song was "Thank You"- but I had a hard time convincing my husband to go along with it. When we first met he really didn't care for Zeppelin too much, but since I was such a big fan he asked me to make him a tape of what I considered to be the "best of Zeppelin" because he wanted to try to see what I liked about them so much. So I made him the tape & put "Thank You" on there just to see what he thought of it. Well, he liked the tape & he said "Thank You" is a nice song. 10 months later we got engaged, and the subject of a wedding song came up. But when I suggested "Thank You" he said no f-ing way I'm not having Zeppelin at my wedding.

For several months I tried to talk him into it, but he was not budging. The DJ kept calling me asking what song we were going to have & I couldn't give him an answer. 1 week before the wedding my husband called me & said he had just been listening to the tape I made, and especially "Thank You", and then he said that since it meant so much to me he would be happy to have it as our wedding song. Just as he said that, the song on the station I was listening to ended, and "Thank You" came on !

For a marriage surely "Trampled Underfoot" would be more appropriate?

How about "Nobody's Fault But Mine!" :D

"What is and what should never be" would be another option ;)

I'm not fond of getting married and those classic wedding ceremonies. So a wedding with LZ songs would be at least something different.

After the DJ introduced the wedding party, my wife and I were introduced and I convinced her that we should walk into the opening riff of 'Whole Lotta Love'. She's not a Zep fan but agreed. My family, knowing what a fan I am, thought it was a great idea.

I would DEFINATELY get married to Led Zeppelin, I would just havce to get them all to agree and become a bigomest :D hmm I would either get married to Thankyou or Bron-Y-Aur. Whole Lotta Love would be good buh I don't think it would quite set the right atmosphere...meh :)

My wife picked out all of the songs that would be played in Church.

I picked out every song that was played at the reception, and worked with the D-jay on what he wanted to play" because he knows what he's doing" :huh: Well I got news for ya sparky, If I hear "Rocky Top" or the Chicken Dance" you ain't getting paid.

It was a lot of classic rock and some Zep also. The Elders we not amused and some left early, which was fine with me.

If you can't dance to "Misty Mountain Hop" then move along grandma. ;)

I couldn't chose for our first dance between, Thank You, and Thru With The Two Step,

and sorry for anybody who does not like the latter I still think it is one of the coolest slow dance songs you can get. Better than bloody Wonderful tonight anyway!

In the end I had both on cassette, as I couldn't rely on the DJ having them.

We also had Perfect Year by Dina somebody to keep the Mrs. happy, well it had been.

Archived