OZZY/ Rob Zombie at the Spectrum Jan. 10, 2008

Wolfman

A great and very fun show....first, Rob comes out to a video for Werewolf Ladies of the SS...very funny movie trailer for his next flick (Nicholas Cage is in it).....his band ROCKED...the lead guitarist played a black double neck for a few songs...he brought it back later for a BOW SOLO...very cool to hear the bow on two necks at once....Page is more creative with it though....the drummer was fantastic...was miked to have a Bonzo sound and he ended his drum solo with the double cross-arm like JB....I'm NOT saying he is good as Bonzo but he certainly sounded like him....they played an hour with very cool music videos playing (esp. if you like old 70's horror....one song had Godzilla vs. Ultraman highlights)...hot girls dressed up like vampires danced on the side while they played too....good opener....then OZZY....what a showman....he sounded great.....got the crowd in frenzy right away and then he started SPRAYING FOAM all over the front of the crowd....girls started flashing their boobs...very funny....all the hits were played and Zakk proved once again that he is a modern-day rock god....he makes it look so easy...he's scary live....I'll try to find a setlist tomorrow....I'm bushed since, for once, the smoking laws weren't enforced at the Spectrum and everyone had fun.... B) Sadly, I realize this might be the last time I see him...this was my seventh time including the Sabbath reunions!!!

OZZY! OZZY! OZZY!

Thanks Wolfman...

Rob and Ozzie are in London Canada next weekend..

There's bad weather forecast but your review is so good and the gig sounds like so much fun...I'm just going have to find a way to get there come hell or highwater or a Canadian snowstorm....

Thanks again

Juliet :wave:

My first concert was at the Spectrum Black Sabbeth. Awesome show, it was general admission we were up front but getting crushed against the stage so moved back. Turned out to be a dumb move, they were pulling the people that were up front onto stage and giving them backstage access. When the doors opened the crowd rushed the doors and a kid in front of me fell people were walking over him and kicking bottles at him. I was gonna stop and help him up but my friend grabbed me and pulled me. He said if I tried to help him I would have got knock down and trampled. He was right. After the show I asked a cop what happened to him he said he was dead by the time they got to him, F--cked up.

Go...you always have fun with Ozzy!!! :D

Thanks..since writing last I called about tickets and they are few left...WOW....

I see snow is still in the forecast for next weekend so I didn't reserve a ticket..I'll leave it for those who live in London and won't be hindered by weather to get to the gig..

Juliet

Thanks again for your review...I felt like I was there...

Archived