Iron Maiden thread

solar

Somehow I've never seen this thread before, but Maiden has pretty much been tied with Zeppelin as my favorite band forever though Zeppelin gets the nod. Have yet to see them live, but definitely will when they promote the new album! I really like all of their albums whether it's Bruce, Paul or Blaze or classic or modern. The new album looks pretty damn good, 1st double album, 18 minute song... There will be something great to look forward to after July 31 anyway!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

The new track is pretty good - and catchy - and certainly a lot better than I expected... but then again, I think I've been unfairly hard on Maiden in recent years; they're 1980's canon remains superb and essential, their 1990's canon can basically be ignored and you lose nothing, but since the return of Bruce and Adrian back into the fold in 1999, they have progressed musically significantly more than I have given them credit for; they're still unmistakably Maiden and certainly tend to have over-repetitive choruses or the same soft, strumming intro to songs more than they rightly should, but they are still a remarkably strong and interesting band all told that's more popular now than they ever have been in their 40-year history... and that's a hell of an achievement in itself.

I always will believe they never were as musically varied and diverse a band in their material as they could or should have been, and they'll never produce anything as remotely monumental as 'Stairway to Heaven' but it's good to know a band like Maiden still exist and are still thriving, doing it old-school all the way... good luck to 'em and God bless 'em.

It's been a pretty great day for old-school metal today... first a new Maiden track followed by a new W.A.S.P. track... :stereo: .

• 2 weeks later...

Iron Maiden And 'The Book Of Souls' Go Jumbo On Massive 2016 World Tour

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maiden-and-the-book-of-souls-go-jumbo-on-massive-2016-world-tour/

Iron Maiden's New Album Includes A Song Inspired By Robin Williams

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/iron-maidens-new-album-includes-song-inspired-by-robin-williams/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Iron Maiden fans,

I am a Researcher working on a BBC crowdsourcing project which is all about the British music fans' memories from over the past 50 years.

Do you have any stand out Iron Maiden memories? Have you held on to any ticket stubs, photographs, clothing or other pieces of memorabilia? You can upload your memories and view other people's stuff at PHOP.CO.UK

We will be producing a four-part television series featuring interviews with fans who have uploaded their memories. 

Thank you.

Emma 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...