TV

Georgia

Is Plant not the maestro of cool?His personality and way with words in a ten minute interview exemplify why I dig his lyrical ability.No fluff... pretty much a straight line from point A to B. I hope the pendulum is swinging in our favor...

The green slacks worked for me;where do you find 'em?

Finally able to watch it. I thought it was a good interview (despite those really shiny pants :blink: ).

first of all just shout out to everyone...someone send me a drink my way...LONG WORK WEEK

second..love plant and the way he speaks but man what is up with those puke green pants?!?!? all i could see was the black socks and those hideous pants...

sounds like to me that it ain't gonna happen as long as krauss is poking him with her violin bow. Decipher the comment about Plant mimicking krauss telling him to tell them robert, tell them. Tell them what?

It was so right then all so wrong. Magic filled the air. Ramble on

sounds like to me that it ain't gonna happen as long as krauss is poking him with her violin bow. Decipher the comment about Plant mimicking krauss telling him to tell them robert, tell them. Tell them what?

Well I'm no mind reader and can't speak for them but I'm taking a guess she's encouraging him to make some sort of statement about Zep? Or maybe he was just being Robert and making a funny :D

Well I'm no mind reader and can't speak for them but I'm taking a guess she's encouraging him to make some sort of statement about Zep? Or maybe he was just being Robert and making a funny :D

Who knows what's up with that comment AK wants him to make. I think for Zep to put out some new material and then tour is the way to go about it. Not just tour for the sake of it, as much as I want to see them. Like he said he wants it to be magical. We will find out, probably fairly soon what they intend to do.

Those hideous olive green pants have got to go. I'm sure he got Mr. Blackwell's attention with those!

Just seen the RP interview. Very interesting, especially his suggestion that for them to do it again it would have to be "magic" as it was in the early days, and he wouldn't want to tour like The Stones etc.

This got me thinking, RP seems to be very keen on acknowleging LZ's blues roots especially at the O2 concert and on the TV interview. What about the band recording a "pure blues" or "roots" album, this would be fresh and I'm sure would appeal to all band members. It could also be great to play on the road and would fit in perfectly will their other material.

Any comments?

Hmmm, quite the cryptic comment, wasn't it? Is it possible that Allison thinks that after they wrap up their tour together, he should send millions of Zep fans into euphoria and announce a tour?

I've always loved Robert. His body language with the Zep questions exposes his uncomfortable feeling with Zep as always. Robert doesn't want to be part of the 'Geezer touring circuit' ALA The Stones. Reading between the lines I sense he doesn't want to be remembered as 'The voice of Led Zep' He wants to be remembered for someone who took music too a different 'station' at each stop to use an analogy. Allison is his "flavor of the day" He will follow through with this project with her as he should, but in the end will do one last round with Zep before stepping away for good...I believe he was blown away about the O2. Emotionally and otherwise. It was bigger than he even imagined--and more fun too! I've said that in other posts. He'll do more Zep, but it must be with a new slant and new material. Otherwise he'll feel as though he's just doing the same old same old and not taking the music further than he found it. Robert is a true artist, Artistic people tend to revisit their roots on occasion-but always want to move things forward. Robert doesn't want to be 'typecast' as an 'one track musician who only succeded from being part of something like Zep'. He wants to be remembered as so much more.---and fondly so. To use another analogy- He doesn't want to be William Shatner's Capt. Kirk or Mark Hamil's Luke Skywalker He wants to be remembered for being so much more...Harrison Ford became more than Han Solo. Robert wants to be remembered for being more than the frontman for Zep. Hey Robert--if you do ever look at this forum-You are looked at as so much more my friend....So much more.

Obviously, tell them they've got a hot CD, a new single coming out, and a tour coming up. What needs deciphering? :huh:

I've always loved Robert. His body language with the Zep questions exposes his uncomfortable feeling with Zep as always. Robert doesn't want to be part of the 'Geezer touring circuit' ALA The Stones. Reading between the lines I sense he doesn't want to be remembered as 'The voice of Led Zep' He wants to be remembered for someone who took music too a different 'station' at each stop to use an analogy. Allison is his "flavor of the day" He will follow through with this project with her as he should, but in the end will do one last round with Zep before stepping away for good...I believe he was blown away about the O2. Emotionally and otherwise. It was bigger than he even imagined--and more fun too! I've said that in other posts. He'll do more Zep, but it must be with a new slant and new material. Otherwise he'll feel as though he's just doing the same old same old and not taking the music further than he found it. Robert is a true artist, Artistic people tend to revisit their roots on occasion-but always want to move things forward. Robert doesn't want to be 'typecast' as an 'one track musician who only succeded from being part of something like Zep'. He wants to be remembered as so much more.---and fondly so. To use another analogy- He doesn't want to be William Shatner's Capt. Kirk or Mark Hamil's Luke Skywalker He wants to be remembered for being so much more...Harrison Ford became more than Han Solo. Robert wants to be remembered for being more than the frontman for Zep. Hey Robert--if you do ever look at this forum-You are looked at as so much more my friend....So much more.

Robert Plant will continue to grow and change; there is no need to pigeonhole him. He needs to relax and enjoy the opportunity to do what seems right to him, simply do what he loves and enjoy the carefree moments.

Thanks 'TortoiseGeek'! Very, very nice.

I love Robert's reaction - his response, laughter, and then the expression that crosses his face and the look in his eyes - when the interviewer asks if Allison is worried that he's "going to sling a telly out the window." :lol:

Jimmy had a similar look in his eyes when asked about "the madness" in a recent BBC interview.

:D

Something tells me that these guys remember much more then we think...

:ph34r:

No doubt about it, they had some unique and memorable experiences. B)

Yes, Plant seemed happy to think on how light today's television sets are, too... that was not the reaction of a TV-tossing virgin. :lol:

Those hideous olive green pants have got to go. I'm sure he got Mr. Blackwell's attention with those!

I wasn't going to weigh in on this, but that's the last straw - I love the pants! Maybe six people on earth could get away with wearing those, and only one of them is 59!

Never thought I'd say this but - keep those pants on Robert! :D

Archived