Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

None of this is mystery, it's just trivia.

Even though this thread has over 2000 replies, of course which I have not read more than 10 of them, it does seem to me to be, from the first couple I did read, just trivia about dates. Not "mysteries".

Even though this thread has over 2000 replies, of course which I have not read more than 10 of them, it does seem to me to be, from the first couple I did read, just trivia about dates. Not "mysteries".

Examine the entire thread as it continues to evolve.

Edited by SteveAJones

• Administrators
Them Crooked Vultures

Their new website (http://themcrookedvultures.com) states "Deserve The Future" but this promotional poster states "Never Deserved The Future". Hmm....was the working title for the album changed? Are their webmasters and publicity guys not on the same page?

:rolleyes:

Them Crooked Vultures

Their new website (http://themcrookedvultures.com) states "Deserve The Future" but this promotional poster states "Never Deserved The Future". Hmm....was the working title for the album changed? Are their webmasters and publicity guys not on the same page?

ThemCrookedVulturesPoster.jpg

As a wild guess, perhaps it's a part of their name, so the full name of the Group (or the Project?) is "Them Crooked Vultures Never Deserved the Future". It is interesting, I second that.

:rolleyes:

Geez, and here I thought Sam never makes comments about any such things!

I wonder what their webmasters, publicity guys, record label (?) think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsaMokig0

The Devil will be Happy ?? What's that?!?! perhaps the title of the background song ?

Hmmm, I guees that explains Jesse calling the music "scary"

lifted from FBO

>Jesse Hughes from Eagles of Death Metal did a

> radio interview this morning..

>> >

>> > http://www.1019rxp.com/Podcasts/index.aspx

>> >

>> > Jesse said JPJ, is a "bad ass" in all good sense of

> the word, and is a "gentleman of rock and roll"

>> >

>> > Jesse corrected himself when he used the word

> "project" in regard to Them Crooked Vultures, saying they

> would use the word "band" and not project.

>> >

>> > Also said the the music is "scary".

Geez, and here I thought Sam never makes comments about any such things!

I wonder what their webmasters, publicity guys, record label (?) think of this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsaMokig0

The Devil will be Happy ?? What's that?!?! Perhaps the title of the background song?

Hmmm, I guess that explains Jesse calling the music "scary"

Vultures. The Devil. Never Deserved. They certainly seem to be going for a dark vibe,

but I've met Diamanda Galas and seen her perform so I really don't scare easily! :lol:

Vultures. The Devil. Never Deserved. They certainly seem to be going for a dark vibe,

but I've met Diamanda Galas and seen her perform so I really don't scare easily! :lol:

Well Jonesy's no stranger to scary :D

Cool Diamanda

Scary Diamanda!

Edited by Nech

Scarf.jpg

The keffieh is as old as the sands of Sudan and Saudi Arabia, as varied and popular in its uses from the Fertile Crescent to the Maghreb, as dear to Bedouins as Birkenstocks are to Vermonters, and as adaptable and beloved by Westerners, who can fit the keffieh to their climes rather than let their bigotries project juvenile assumptions on the checkered cloth. It was so ubiquitous in the 19th century—in the Arab Peninsula, in Syria, Lebanon, Egypt, Iraq, Palestine and Jordan—that British and French colonists took to wearing it for its comforts and distinctive look, just as students in coldish France and England, who couldn’t care less about its political threads, these days wear it for its warmth and fashionable malleability.

To the person whom contacted me privately concerning this matter, I hope you can now understand it doesn't necessarily infer Jimmy Page supports Palestinian nationalism.

By pure chance I've come to learn a new acquaintance of mine (who recently interviewed Jimmy in Los Angeles) is seeking to contact Peg LaForce, who as it turns out is a long-lost best girlfriend of hers from nearly 30 years ago. Well, I do know Peg once published a Led Zeppelin fanzine titled 'The Crunge' (and later retitled 'Music Creations') from Jan 1982 till June 1985 as I have nearly every issue in my archive. Her address at the time was West Covina, CA. If anyone here should know the whereabouts of Peg please contact me via PM.

Pleased to report current contact details for Peg LaForce have been forwarded to her long-lost best girlfriend. Special thanks to Frank Smith for his invaluable assistance.

"That's Me In Your Jimmy Page Video!"

Mesa Amphitheater Tempe, AZ Sept. 17 1988

Background: In February 2009 I was contacted with a request for help in obtaining an MTV interview filmed more than 20 years ago. The footage shows a soundcheck for a Jimmy Page concert followed by an interview with Jimmy and a local radio station contest winner - the very same person making the request!

Having established authenticity of the requestor's claim, arrangements were made thru a third party to have a first generation digital copy delivered at no cost and no expense. I asked in return only that I be allowed to share the requestor's story and photos with this forum when she was prepared to do so and that time has come:

My Day With Jimmy Page

By Judy Cook

It was 1988 and I was living in Phoenix, Arizona, having moved there two years prior hoping to find a band and focus on music before moving on to Los Angeles.

As a guitar player, I had many influences in my music and Jimmy Page was a primary one. I'll never forget when I first heard on the radio that Jimmy was coming to Phoenix on his Outrider tour. Not only were they giving away tickets to the show, but they were also going to be giving away a Custom Les Paul guitar in a drawing from all the concert ticket winners. Winning the tickets was the easy part, as I have literally won countless concert tickets and prizes from radio stations over the years. For this contest you simply had to be the correct caller. I was one of the first winners of the contest and I remember telling the person who got my information I was going to win that guitar!

I don't remember exactly how long the contest lasted but it was a couple of weeks or so.

It was a Friday when they said they were going to do the drawing and announce the big winner at 3:00 pm. I was at work about to go to lunch and the receptionist transferred a call to me at about noon. The man on the other end of the phone said: "Is this Judy?""

I said: "Yes"."

He said:

"This is Curtis Johnson from 98 KUPD; when do you want to pick up your guitar?""

I was in shock. Sometimes I can be pretty subdued with my outward emotions, but I was freaking out inside!!

Once I calmed down, Curtis gave me additional details of how the day was going to go. Basically, I was going to get to meet Jimmy Page at his hotel and receive the guitar.

However, I got another call the day before the show advising me to come to the venue early to meet Jimmy backstage before the show. I got there while they were setting up and starting sound checks. When I arrived, a record company representative met me.

The record company representative talked with me for a while and I let him know my background, that I was a guitar player and in a band. A little while later, he came back to me and asked if I would like to be interviewed by MTV with Jimmy Page. The day just kept getting better! MTV and Jimmy seemed to find it interesting that it was a girl that won this contest as well as one who actually played guitar.

Well, as I was waiting for the events to unfold, my friend Mary (she was the bass player in my band,) and I watched the crew set up for the show. My first glimpse of Jimmy was him working with the crew on the lighting gels. There was something he wasn't pleased with. The gentleman from the record company came back, giving us further instructions - "NO pictures" he told us. Well, that was not what I wanted to hear, but I had no choice.

MTV brought me out onstage to be interviewed. They started with just me, asking me questions about my band, and such. The sun was shining directly into my eyes, making it difficult to relax. The whole thing became very surreal as I looked to my left and saw Jimmy just standing there with a big smile on his face. I had not met him yet - there had been no previous introduction - and so I met him as cameras were rolling during the MTV interview.

During the interview, there is one thing that stands out that I remember, and that is the A&R rep from the record company telling my friend Mary to take as many pictures as she could! I guess since Jimmy was enjoying himself we were given the go ahead to take pictures. I am very grateful to have them to this day, because while the next part of this adventure is not on videotape, it is forever documented in photographs.

On the video, you hear Jimmy make a comment on how he would like to see the double neck on me. Well, after the interview was done, he asked me if I would like to check out the double neck as well as his other guitars. He brought me over to the guitars and told me a little about some of them. I remember him specifically pointing out some of the guitars that always go on tour with him.

As we looked at the guitars, we came to the double neck. He picked it up and handed it to me, helping me put it on. It was one heavy guitar!! Surreal? Here I am, backstage at a Jimmy Page concert. We've just gotten interviewed by MTV and he brings me to his guitars, hands me the double neck and now….he is watching ME play it! Just a truly magnificent moment, one of the best in my life and no, I did not play Stairway to Heaven. As I recall I was just riffing and such. I felt lucky, privileged and quite honored to play his guitar. I'm not sure how many others had played that guitar before me, but I know I am one of them.

The concert was fabulous, of course.

After the show, we hung out with Carter (Jimmy's guitar tech) and opening act Mason Ruffner. Everyone took turns playing the new Les Paul custom guitar Jimmy presented to me and that I still own to this day.

You may notice on the video he was having trouble with the pen he was given to sign the guitar with. Well, after the body was signed and it blotched up, he signed the pick guard. Unfortunately, the pick-guard still had the plastic on it, so the signature was not on the pick-guard. I had put the plastic with his signature on it somewhere I thought was safe, but I fear a friend may have "misplaced" it. Oh well, what's a smudged signature on an amazing guitar, especially when you have the video, pictures, guitar and all the memories from the experience?

After the great day I had at this concert, and such a rare amazing experience, I felt so blessed, and so incredibly lucky to have had the opportunity. Many girlfriends asked me "Did you get a kiss?", and my reply was simply "Would you kiss Buddha?""

I'm so grateful to have received the video to dvd transfer of my interview with Jimmy more than twenty years later! My son, future grandchildren and I will cherish it always.

Judy1.jpg

Judy3.jpg

Judy4.jpg

Judy5.jpg

Edited by SteveAJones