Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

oh anything interesting would be cool, thanx

Jochen Laschinsky, 63, lives near Bremen. He got started in music by singing skiffle in Germany. Has two daughters, Inga and Freya. His only known connection to Led Zeppelin is that he owns that Bath Festival film footage.

oh anything interesting would be cool, thanx

Errr, he mostly talked about his youth, how those of them with long hairs(over the ears) were insulted and chased but also the "little heros" in the school. That they were big fans of the Rolling Stones and he was called a poor men's Jagger. And how their guitarist exchanged licks with Eric Clapton. And the programme "Beat Club" received a lot of complaint from the conservative people.

Edited by glicine

Errr, he mostly talked about his youth, how those of them with long hairs(over the ears) were insulted and chased but also the "little heros" in the school. That they were big fans of the Rolling Stones and he was called a poor men's Jagger. And how their guitarist changed licks with Eric Clapton. And the programme "Beat Club" received a lot of complaint from the conservative people.

thanx for that, the beat club looked quite good, I think my dad played jazz there a few times..

I found him anyway btw, but thanx again for your help

scan0001.jpg

re: '75 fall tour - well, it was small so came out bad, but you can make out 'Rose Bowl Pasadena' on there under Led Zeppelin. Still looking for the bigger copy...

Thanks Badgeholder!

What a bargain for $10.50! Also noted on your ticket it was scheduled to start at 12:30! Wonder if there were to be a few opening acts prior to Zepp coming on (i.e. Oakland Day on the Green '77: Judas Priest, Rick Derringer).

Regardless, a rare "Good afternoon" concert!

Yes, Sept 6, 1975 which would have been about three weeks into a 33-date tour. I've only been able to confirm 11 of the 33 cancelled dates, so if anyone out there has the complete Autumn '75 tour itinerary please consider sharing it here. Sometimes I think although 33 dates were planned not all had been announced. I'd like to get this cleared up.

The Swan Song press release lists Oakland, Pasadena, Kansas City, Louisville, New Orleans, Tempe, Denver and Atlanta all being cancelled. I guess Helsinki was on the agenda too, but as for 33 shows, was that number announced or something?

Your Time Is Gonna Come?

Or maybe not.

One of these days and it won't be long,

You're gonna look for me and I'll be gone

'Cause I believe (I believe, yes I believe)

I say I believe right now (I believe, yes I believe)

Well I believe to my soul now,

Tryin' to make a fool of me (I believe it, I believe it)

by Ray Charles :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7neQ0zGPsY

Edited by eternal light

have john paul jones and robert plant ever displayed their sigils/signs from IV on stage? bonzo and jimmy had them at every gig since their inception, didn't they?

and if not, why?

thanks smile.gif

Great question. I'll have to look into this a bit further to answer with any degree of accuracy, but for a start if I'm not mistaken none of the sigils were on stage during the Over Europe '80 tour.

have john paul jones and robert plant ever displayed their sigils/signs from IV on stage? bonzo and jimmy had them at every gig since their inception, didn't they?

and if not, why?

You can see JPJ's sigil behind Jimmy.

LZmagscanlg.jpg

Great question. I'll have to look into this a bit further to answer with any degree of accuracy, but for a start if I'm not mistaken none of the sigils were on stage during the Over Europe '80 tour.

thanks! :) i have always wondered why jonesy didn't have his on his amp like jimmy. i guess robert would have had to have a banner or such made up, and hung somewhere each time, so i can understand why he didn't bother, but jonesy ..... :unsure:

edited to add : thanks glicine! did he use this often?

Edited by slave to zep

You can see JPJ's sigil behind Jimmy.

LZmagscanlg.jpg

Now wondering if Plant influenced by belt buckles of Elvis. Granted, not the size of a car license plate a la Elvis, but supersized.

Francis Dunnery said Robert Plant was one of the most intelligent/smartest men he had ever met.

August 1977, and beyond, I believe, drives that point home.

^You can't always rely on the photos displayed on the cover of bootlegged albums to confirm what clothes Robert Plant actually wore on a certain night.

Yes agreed, but I know the small pics are from the concert, and I believe the others are too, the one on the Gonzaga 68 disc is from the concert, I'll find some more to double check, of course I understand that the lighting can make clothes dark or light depending on what lights are used

Yes agreed, but I know the small pics are from the concert, and I believe the others are too, the one on the Gonzaga 68 disc is from the concert, I'll find some more to double check, of course I understand that the lighting can make clothes dark or light depending on what lights are used

Was there any video taken at Gonzaga? There is no video listed on this website, but there are some photos.

ledzeppelin.com/image/photos-home/led-zeppelin/1968-1969/spokane-1968-0

ledzeppelin.com/image/photos-home/led-zeppelin/1968-1969/spokane-1968-1

ledzeppelin.com/show/december-30-1968

Edited by eternal light