Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

Robert's taping was held on Wed, June 22, 1983 at the Tyne Tees Television studio in Newcastle, England where the program was based. As you know, Robert himself halted it's airing as he was apparently dissatisfied with his performance. Unfortunately, even

after all these years it has yet to surface via bootleg or within the trading community.

There is an audience recording of his performance in circulation, but I guess you already knew that?

Here is a link to a newspaper cutting: http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/1272/tubeiu1.jpg

RC

Promotional duties for 'No Quarter - Jimmy Page & Robert Plant Unledded' brought Jimmy

& Robert to Buenos Aires in November 1994. While in town, they actually met up with Aerosmith who were on the South American leg of their tour to support 'Get A Grip'.

Joe Perry & Jimmy met for lunch during which Jimmy asked him if he would be willing to do the introduction speech for Led Zeppelin into the Rock And Roll Hall of Fame at a ceremony to be held at the Waldorf-Astoria in New York (1/12/95). Joe agreed to do so,

and on the night of the event Stephen Tyler also shared anecdotes concerning Jimmy (after Joe spoke).

Before leaving Argentina, having granted at least two lengthy interview to MTV, Jimmy & Robert recorded performances of 'I Can't Quit You, Babe' and 'Dazed And Confused' for local radio on 11/30/94.

On Sat, Jan 25 1996 the long-awaited Page/Plant 1995-96 World Tour was presented

at the Serro Carril Stadium in Buenos Aires. It was professionally filmed my MTV and broadcast soonafter. Having arrived from Chile for this concert, they stayed at the Hyatt Hotel before moving on to Brazil.

Nice story... Good memory man.

Serro Carril Stadium
It's Ferro.

Thanks again...

Edited by eagle87

That's cool .My first concert was Alice Cooper's Lace and Whiskey tour a couple of years later.

He actually fell off the stage in Vancover and fractured his skull a year before I saw him{vancouver]

He used to put on quite the show didn't he? Welcome to my nightmare was like a broadway show, dancers and Alice acting out all the songs, it was really, really cool!

Woody - is that you? :D:D

Indeed it is, you'd think I just got a computer. The Stray Cats thing could well have been 1990 the only thing I do remember is that it was Hammersmith and that the song was Little Sister. It was the only time I ever saw the Stray Cats. I have a box of old ticket stubs and stuff, I'll have to look and see if the Stray Cats one is in there.

That midsummer night's Tube was the only Tube taping I went to, normally it started too early for me to get there. I have a recollection of seeing Robert in the Barley Mow but I don't know if it was after that show or one of the regular Friday night ones.

Edited by rdobirdman

Indeed it is, you'd think I just got a computer. The Stray Cats thing could well have been 1990 the only thing I do remember is that it was Hammersmith and that the song was Little Sister. It was the only time I ever saw the Stray Cats. I have a box of old ticket stubs and stuff, I'll have to look and see if the Stray Cats one is in there.

That midsummer night's Tube was the only Tube taping I went to, normally it started too early for me to get there. I have a recollection of seeing Robert in the Barley Mow but I don't know if it was after that show or one of the regular Friday night ones.

I knew there couldn't be THAT many people at The Greek last week who'd been to The Tube. :D

Yes, I agree. I think it was him who was less than complimentary about Robert's performance at the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert, saying that he ought to retire.

RC

I seem to remember that.

It was also him that Jimmy threw a glass of wine over and said "You are the scum of the earth - kneel down before me and apologise"

Class. :D

I seem to remember that.

It was also him that Jimmy threw a glass of wine over and said "You are the scum of the earth - kneel down before me and apologise"

What did Blake write that made Jimmy so angry? And uh... Blake didn't actually kneel down, did he? [cringes]

What did Blake write that made Jimmy so angry? And uh... Blake didn't actually kneel down, did he? [cringes]

He was one of the first with the "Black Magic Kills Zeppelin Drummer"-type stories, mainly aimed at and blaming Jimmy. I don't think he did kneel - he's a dick - but I remember Robert was quite proud of Jimmy. :)

Mystery; Who created the cover art for the Remasters album (the crop circles image)

Are you referring to the album cover art as such or the crop circles themselves? There

are so many crop circle theories in circulation it's hard to keep up with them all. Most are addressed and available for independent research elsewhere on the net.

Right ,right.OOPS. I was thinking the Welcome to my Nightmare tour :beer:

I was referring to when I saw Alice....(takes shovel and hits Babs over the head) :D

I seem to remember that.

THAT is hysterical! Actually, I'd take getting a glass of wine thrown on me for the chance to bow at Jimmy's feet :hysterical:

I've also been the thower before and let me tell you...it feels GREAT!! (when totally deserved of course!)

Are you referring to the album cover art as such or the crop circles themselves? There

are so many crop circle theories in circulation it's hard to keep up with them all. Most are addressed and available for independent research elsewhere on the net.

I was assuming that the circles on the cover were created by human artists specifically for the album art?

Lets not get into the debate re: crop circles human vs alien.