Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

Here's some trivia for you

He played that set without a plectrum

PS - Mr J did you once try to sell me a Spanish Zep mag for about £130 in Liverpool

Thanks for that, Herco. Insofar as the magazine sale it's a case of mistaken identity

for I believe you are referring to Zep enthusiast Steve Jones of Manchester, who is

a tall thin blonde gentleman. As for me, I'm in my avatar.

Thanks for that, Herco. Insofar as the magazine sale it's a case of mistaken identity

for I believe you are referring to Zep enthusiast Steve Jones of Manchester, who is

a tall thin blonde gentleman. As for me, I'm in my avatar.

I'm starting to like your coolness Mr Jones

tres bien

speaking of avatars I must now search for my marsupial

But she was the ex wife when Jimmy said, "comforting my ex-wife".

Scott, I think there may be a misunderstanding here. Jimmy did not bring Patricia to

England until after The Firm completed their tour in Summer 1986; they married in England that December.

Initial evidence suggests the theft of tapes preceeds Patrcia's arrival, and if so whatever the thieves relationship with her may have been, the stealing was going on beforehand. Granted, it's tentative info and I do hope additional details will come to light. I haven't ruled anything out and note with interest when she arrived they spent 1987 over at Tower House as opposed to Old Mill House, thus affording others ample opportunity to be present in that home when he was not. Certainly possible the stealing went on for quite some time and to this day Jimmy may be uncertain exactly

when it began (or ended). Fortunately, he does know who was responsible.

Have criminal proceedings ever begun on this? Surely, with copyright laws being what they are, it would be an open and shut case.

So far as I know it never went to court nor even handled as a legal matter. It was a private matter taken personally and handled accordingly. Besides, unless you catch someone in the act it can be difficult to prove an allegation such as this.

So far as I know it never went to court nor even handled as a legal matter. It was a private matter taken personally and handled accordingly. Besides, unless you catch someone in the act it can be difficult to prove an allegation such as this.

well, whoever it was created an ocean of bad karma for themselves. i dont know how they can live with themselves after betraying a friend. that is one of the lowest acts of all, in my book. its something i will never do. perhaps because im a taurean, i dunno, but im extremely loyal and could never knowingly do wrong by a friend.

Here ya go found it in my photobucket - sadly I didn't note the name or date of the magazine where the interview appeared but since it is in my collection I can look it up one day.

interview.jpg

Jimmy said in interview of Japanese music magazine of '82(after releasing sound track album) that ''I think the marriage system is not important, and I live for 12 years with the same woman. You will understand my idea.''

But later he married.

Was there a change in some frames of his mind?

I have not heard British people disregard the system of the marriage.

(especially in old times)

It is exactly French's idea.

Edited by Alice75

A little while ago,I found the following writing in a certain place by chance.

If he(she?) is only a ZEPP fan, why did he get such a Christmas card??? :rolleyes::blink:<_<

I am very jealousy for this person from the bottom of my heart B)

Topic: Led Zeppelin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expert: Chris M. Zangara

Date: 6/7/2007

Subject: Jimmy Page autograph

Question

Hi Chris ! Could you tell me if Jimmy Page changed his autograph ? If he did, Do you know in which period ? Because recently I acquired a family christmas card signed by page (Jimmy, Charlotte and Scarlet)and the Pages's autograph is very similar than the autograph that he does today. Thank's a lot !!

Answer

Hello again Manel,

Thank you for sending the picture of Jimmy's autograph on the Christmas card. It's really not all that different from Page's usual signature but you can tell it was done very meticulously as it is clear and smooth. You may see other autographs of Page that are smaller, without as many "mm" looking curves, etc -- but that's probably as he's simply signing a quick autograph as opposed to something like this where he obviously sat down and took his time. I have a couple Robert Plant autographs from the same year and they are very different but you can still tell it's his signature.

The only way to guess the time period of your Page autograph is to consider the time period in which Jimmy owned Plumpton Place.

Jimmy bought Plumpton Place, East Sussex in 1971 and sold it in 1980 following a hardly-ever reported tragedy when a 19 year old fan died from an apparant drug overdose during a party on the grounds. No confirmation if Page was actually present that night.

Page spent most of his time at Plumpton Place following Robert's hiatus due to a broken foot during most of 1976 and some of 77. During that time he would often let fans walk the grounds and sometimes invite them in if he deemed they were not harmful or to rabid a Zep fan. He also did a few charity gigs in local pubs around that time, one famous one with Ron Wood from The Rolling Stones, just down the street at the Half Moon pub.

I'm going to assume that because of all this activity during 76 and early 77 - this was when this autograph was most likely created. If I find anything more, I'll be sure to post another follow-up.

Thanks Manel!

Edited by Alice75

A little while ago,I found the following writing in a certain place by chance.

ChriIf he(she?) is only a ZEPP fan, why did he get such astmas card??? :rolleyes::blink:<_<

I am very jealousy for this person from the bottom of my heart B)

Topic: Led Zeppelin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expert: Chris M. Zangara

Date: 6/7/2007

Subject: Jimmy Page autograph

Question

Hi Chris ! Could you tell me if Jimmy Page changed his autograph ? If he did, Do you know in which period ? Because recently I acquired a family christmas card signed by page (Jimmy, Charlotte and Scarlet)and the Pages's autograph is very similar than the autograph that he does today. Thank's a lot !!

Answer

Hello again Manel,

Thank you for sending the picture of Jimmy's autograph on the Christmas card. It's really not all that different from Page's usual signature but you can tell it was done very meticulously as it is clear and smooth. You may see other autographs of Page that are smaller, without as many "mm" looking curves, etc -- but that's probably as he's simply signing a quick autograph as opposed to something like this where he obviously sat down and took his time. I have a couple Robert Plant autographs from the same year and they are very different but you can still tell it's his signature.

The only way to guess the time period of your Page autograph is to consider the time period in which Jimmy owned Plumpton Place.

Jimmy bought Plumpton Place, East Sussex in 1971 and sold it in 1980 following a hardly-ever reported tragedy when a 19 year old fan died from an apparant drug overdose during a party on the grounds. No confirmation if Page was actually present that night.

Page spent most of his time at Plumpton Place following Robert's hiatus due to a broken foot during most of 1976 and some of 77. During that time he would often let fans walk the grounds and sometimes invite them in if he deemed they were not harmful or to rabid a Zep fan. He also did a few charity gigs in local pubs around that time, one famous one with Ron Wood from The Rolling Stones, just down the street at the Half Moon pub.

I'm going to assume that because of all this activity during 76 and early 77 - this was when this autograph was most likely created. If I find anything more, I'll be sure to post another follow-up.

Thanks Manel!

i think they bought it from ebay or such, or had it given to them. hopefully it wasnt stolen! :D

Edited by slave to zep

Hats Off to You, Knebby; that cutting would settle more than a few bets out there.

As you know, Charlotte was "in the picture" circa '84-'85 and an even younger Scarlet would certainly necessitate the need for help with childminding, particularly with Jimmy recording and touring with The Firm. So if in fact the theft dates back to '84-'85, it calls into question just how many, if any, "solo demos" were actually stolen. I presume from Jimmy's comments over the years the stolen demos were limited to perhaps just a few instrumental riffs or concepts, as opposed to completed compositions. Nothing of any

solo consequence surfaced in the bootleg market that I can recall. Even so, he alluded to it being a form of "rape" and of course the '80 soundboards surfaced circa early '87, one of which was actually the source for the first bootleg Led Zeppelin cd ever.

i178802483_19807_3-1.jpg

Is it this photograph that you mean?

If it is so, this was the one taken in summer or autumn of 1982.

At that time, this photograph was published in the music magazine December edition

(named Rocking On of Japan. A short explanation of "Jimmy Page and wife" was recorded there)

This woman would be Charlotte. It is doubtless.

I remember that I was very shocked at her impression far different from her young days(lol)

From it several months ago, Jimmy had received an interview of another Japanese music magazine named ''Music Life'' June edition.

Interviewer of at that time of ML magazine wrote that ''Jimmy came to Swan Song office to receive this interview with his wife Charlotte''.

A lot of Zeppelin fans of Japan at that time would have read it. Of course I was one of them too!

(This book might come out if looking for. )

I had read an article in another bbs that Charlotte went out of the Old Mill House, and moved to another house in Windsor at the end of 1982 or at the beginning of 1983.

They would not have been together in those days(1984 or 1985).

It seems that Jimmy was solitary until meeting Patricia from parting from Charlotte.

Poor Jimmy.....

Edited by Alice75

i178802483_19807_3-1.jpg

Is it this photograph that you mean?

If it is so, this was the one taken in summer or autumn of 1982.

At that time, this photograph was published in the music magazine December edition

(named Rocking On of Japan. A short explanation of "Jimmy Page and wife" was recorded there)

This woman would be Charlotte. It is doubtless.

I remember that I was very shocked at her impression far different from her young days(lol)

From it several months ago, Jimmy had received an interview of another Japanese music magazine named ''Music Life'' June edition.

Interviewer of at that time of ML magazine wrote that ''Jimmy came to Swan Song office to receive this interview with his wife Charlotte''.

A lot of Zeppelin fans of Japan at that time would have read it. Of course I was one of them too!

(This book might come out if looking for. )

I had read an article in another bbs that Charlotte went out of the Old Mill House, and moved to another house in Windsor at the end of 1982 or at the beginning of 1983.

They might not have been together in those days(1984 or 1985).

It seems that Jimmy was solitary until meeting Patricia from parting from Charlotte.

Poor Jimmy.....

At the risk of sounding catty, I never did think Charlotte was 'all that', nor Patricia for that matter. Jimmy's taste in brunnettes was MUCH better than his taste in blondes but....that's just my opinion.

As for Jimmy being 'solitary'.....some part of me thinks 'NOT'! B)

At the risk of sounding catty, I never did think Charlotte was 'all that', nor Patricia for that matter. Jimmy's taste in brunnettes was MUCH better than his taste in blondes but....that's just my opinion.

I think it's his business who he chooses to spend his time with and I think very rude to make comments like that about the mother of his eldest child.

I think the opinion and the impression to be different in each person. Don't mind.

But Jimmy's major relationships with women are first Jackie DeShannon ,secondly Charlotte and third Patricia in turn. I think these relationships were very serious for Jimmy.

But I have heard that blonde beauty is cold. And they have high pride and not under man's thumb.

Jimmy might possibly have learnt by experience to them.

It's just my opinion(lol)

Edited by Alice75

I think the opinion and the impression to be different in each person. Don't mind.

But Jimmy's major relationships with women are first Jackie DeShannon ,secondly Charlotte and third Patricia in turn. I think these relationships were very serious for Jimmy.

But I have heard that blonde beauty is cold. And they have high pride and not under man's thumb.

Jimmy might possibly have learnt by experience to them.

It's just my opinion(lol)

Maybe that was part of their appeal to him? Jimena herself is quite the independent lady....

I think it's his business who he chooses to spend his time with and I think very rude to make comments like that about the mother of his eldest child.

Agreed, I never said one word to insinuate otherwise.

Sorry if I've insulted your sensibilities but I don't think I was being rude at all. The mother of his first child. You act like she's Mary mother of Jesus or something. She's a wonderful person I'm sure.....I simply stated I didn't think she was that physically attractive. I didn't call her 'ugly' or 'rude' or 'mean' or anything else negative.

Also in my opinion it's rude and boorish when people come on here and start calling others rude when it's unprovoked. And let's just print the newstory that went along with that picture and we'll see how 'wonderful' the mother of Jimmy's second child was....

JP_Divorce.jpg

Edited for factual correctness

Edited by Medhb

Maybe that was part of their appeal to him? Jimena herself is quite the independent lady....

I don't know so much about Jimena.

But because she is the woman who Jimmy loves, I like her.

But sometimes I wonder if Jimmy was attracted by her in his heyday of LZ...

Also in my opinion it's rude and boorish when people come on here and start calling others rude when it's unprovoked. And let's just print the newstory that went along with that picture and we'll see how 'wonderful' the mother of Jimmy's first child was....

Do you judge the person only in one photograph? I am not so.

When I am interested in someone, I'll find various things about her(him).

And I judge the person from them.

About the mother of Jimmy's eldest child I found these articles from another site,

Richard Cole writes in his book ''Charlotte was the type of girl who you couldn't look at just once.Tall.Thin.Blonde.Perfect features. You had to glance a second time.''

And in Hammer of the Gods book, it is written about her that '' a stunning French model named Charlotte Martin, who was coveted by every major rock star in London. Richard Cole remembered that she had first surfaced on the arm of Eric Clapton,who walked into the Speakeasy with her one night and stopped all conversation until Roger Daltrey piped up, 'Fucking hell,Eric,where'd you get that bird!' ''

Agreed, I never said one word to insinuate otherwise.

Sorry if I've insulted your sensibilities but I don't think I was being rude at all. The mother of his first child. You act like she's Mary mother of Jesus or something. She's a wonderful person I'm sure...though Jimmy didn't think so when they were going through their divorce.....I simply stated I didn't think she was that attractive.

Also in my opinion it's rude and boorish when people come on here and start calling others rude when it's unprovoked. And let's just print the newstory that went along with that picture and we'll see how 'wonderful' the mother of Jimmy's second child was....

JP_Divorce.jpg

Edited for factual correctness

medhb this is about his divorce from patricia. charlotte martin is the mother of his eldest child.

this pic is kinda weird to me......it doesnt look like patricia OR charlotte.....and jimmy doesnt look himself either! :blink:

edited to add: oh, sorry , that was just a typeo from you!.........

Edited by slave to zep

medhb this is about his divorce from patricia. charlotte martin is the mother of his eldest child.

this pic is kinda weird to me......it doesnt look like patricia OR charlotte.....and jimmy doesnt look himself either! :blink:

edited to add: oh, sorry , that was just a typeo from you!.........

I know, it is an odd pic isn't it Slave? Yes, that's why I edited my post to say the mother of his second child....sorry for the confusion.

My point is I 'personally' don't fine either one of them that attractive and suddenly I'm a real villian. My my my, I thought I was over protective of our dear Jimmy! Ahahahahah!!

Do you judge the person only in one photograph? I am not so.

When I am interested in someone, I'll find various things about her(him).

And I judge the person from them.

About the mother of Jimmy's eldest child I found these articles from another site,

Richard Cole writes in his book ''Charlotte was the type of girl who you couldn't look at just once.Tall.Thin.Blonde.Perfect features. You had to glance a second time.''

And in Hammer of the Gods book, it is written about her that '' a stunning French model named Charlotte Martin, who was coveted by every major rock star in London. Richard Cole remembered that she had first surfaced on the arm of Eric Clapton,who walked into the Speakeasy with her one night and stopped all conversation until Roger Daltrey piped up, 'Fucking hell,Eric,where'd you get that bird!' ''

No Alice I don't. If you read any of my posts I think you'd know me better than that.

Quoting Richard Coles book proves nothing at all, everyone knows it's filled with inaccuracies and of COURSE Richard thought she was hot, have you seen the women HE'S married?! I actually have lots of pics of Charlotte and think she was 'OK' looking..wouldn't have turned MY head but...to each his own! I was just stating my opinion. Go look at the picture board thread and I'll bet no one agrees who the 'prettiest' girl is on there....because we all have different taste...that's all.