Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

No Alice I don't. If you read any of my posts I think you'd know me better than that.

Quoting Richard Coles book proves nothing at all, everyone knows it's filled with inaccuracies and of COURSE Richard thought she was hot, have you seen the women HE'S married?! I actually have lots of pics of Charlotte and think she was 'OK' looking..wouldn't have turned MY head but...to each his own! I was just stating my opinion. Go look at the picture board thread and I'll bet no one agrees who the 'prettiest' girl is on there....because we all have different taste...that's all.

Ok,I understand what you mean.I also have the same opinion as you in the outline.

Both you and I have lots of pics of Charlotte, but both of us have never actually seen her.

I trust the description of people who actually know her.

Her ex lover Eric Clapton also said how she was beautiful and attractive girl in his autobiography and his Cream DVD. I saw actually her some photographs and consented it.

I want to make it to my ending by this. I apologize for the derailment.

Agreed, I never said one word to insinuate otherwise.

Sorry if I've insulted your sensibilities but I don't think I was being rude at all. The mother of his first child. You act like she's Mary mother of Jesus or something. She's a wonderful person I'm sure.....I simply stated I didn't think she was that physically attractive. I didn't call her 'ugly' or 'rude' or 'mean' or anything else negative.

Also in my opinion it's rude and boorish when people come on here and start calling others rude when it's unprovoked. And let's just print the newstory that went along with that picture and we'll see how 'wonderful' the mother of Jimmy's second child was....

I think it's rude to make comments about someone's appearance, with no knowledge of their personality. Jimmy obviously saw something in her, and I think it's completely out of line to slur someone based upon their appearence, in a place where they can't argue back.

We can play word games about the difference between 'not being that physically attractive' and ugly - but the point is, I don't think those sorts of comments have a place here, or anywhere.

How do you think Jimmy, Charlotte or Scarlet would feel if they read what you said?

My point is I 'personally' don't fine either one of them that attractive and suddenly I'm a real villian. My my my, I thought I was over protective of our dear Jimmy! Ahahahahah!!

You're being way too touchy about that I never made you out to be a villain I just said I think it's rude.

Edited by Cactus

Because this is only my soliloquy, no one must worry about anything.

I think no one says she is not beautiful.

Personally I think she is the most beautiful and has the nicest style of all Jimmy's girls.

But she looks more beautiful with Eric than the time that is with Jimmy.

It is only because she was younger when she was with Eric (I think).

This girl is ugly???

20960_large.jpg

144201_large.jpg

220211_large.jpg

Perhaps, this is her recent picture(left).Though she looks an elegant aged woman

to me.(during her interview for the 60's Revolution documentary)

159748_large.jpg

Edited by Alice75

Is it this photograph that you mean?

If it is so, this was the one taken in summer or autumn of 1982.

At that time, this photograph was published in the music magazine December edition

(named Rocking On of Japan. A short explanation of "Jimmy Page and wife" was recorded there)

When I said Charlotte was "in the picture" circa '84-'85 I meant it as a figure of speech and not literally with any particular photograph in mind. Having said that, the photo you

posted has been a source of intrigue for me for quite some time insofar as confirming

precisely where and when it was taken. It has erroneously been captioned as a photo

of Jimmy with Patricia Ecker from time to time in various publications/internet forums.

I think it's rude to make comments about someone's appearance, with no knowledge of their personality. Jimmy obviously saw something in her, and I think it's completely out of line to slur someone based upon their appearence, in a place where they can't argue back.

We can play word games about the difference between 'not being that physically attractive' and ugly - but the point is, I don't think those sorts of comments have a place here, or anywhere.

How do you think Jimmy, Charlotte or Scarlet would feel if they read what you said?

You're being way too touchy about that I never made you out to be a villain I just said I think it's rude

Maybe I am being a bit touchy about being called rude. Especially since I take such care to not be rude to anyone without provocation. And slur? You're really going out on a limb here with your adjectives... <_<

How do I thihnk Jimmy, Charlotte, or Scarlet would feel reading this? I don't think they's give one hoot about it! Charlotte was a successful model, she's heard worse from agents I'm sure. Scarlet, lovely women that she is, I believe has better things to do than get insulted by a simple remark on a discussion board, and Jimmy? I rather doubt he would care about my opinion on what consitutes beautiful....now on the other hand....JIMMY is certainly beautiful!! Inside and out!

I've already spoken with Alice and apologized to her if I came of as snippy to her.

Edited to remove rudeness :)

Edited by Medhb

I think the opinion and the impression to be different in each person. Don't mind.

But I have heard that blonde beauty is gold.

It's just my opinion(lol)

Fixed ;)

The lady in that pic, though, looks nothing like those I've seen of both Charlotte & Patricia

I never comment about their personal lives, but in general, it's nice that he and the LZ boys seem happy in their current family lives. JP was looking a bit haggard in the early-mid '80's. Can't say I blame him, any port in the storm, as they say. I recall an interview where he said he never expected to reach this age, so it's great to see him stable, rejuvenated & thriving at this stage in his life off stage & on (more of which would be great, in whatever manifestation - he's just too damn creative not to ;) )

Steve,this probably doesn't belong on your thread,but if anyone knows,it's gotta be you.

Do Page and Plant have direct lines of communication with each other?

I mean,could Jimmy dial Robert up and say,"Robert,what's with this 'watch your sorghum drip,can't keep away'stuff?Has Nashville muddled your belfry?"

Or Robert.."Jimmy, we're a little east of Tupelo,eating a fine meal of pork chops and fried okra.They have velvet Elvis tapestries here.How many do you need?"

Kidding aside,I'm curious if they can dial each other up...or do they have to go through "handlers"to talk one on one?

I can just about picture JPJ number listed in the public directory.Unassuming.

Is it a situation of "have my people get in touch with your people"or is it more personable when rock royalty deals with rock royalty?

Steve,this probably doesn't belong on your thread,but if anyone knows,it's gotta be you.

I mean,could Jimmy dial Robert up and say,"Robert,what's with this 'watch your sorghum drip,can't keep away'stuff?Has Nashville muddled your belfry?"

Or Robert.."Jimmy, we're a little east of Tupelo,eating a fine meal of pork chops and fried okra.They have velvet Elvis tapestries here.How many do you need?"

Well who can guess as to the dynamic of their relationship? I am sure that with some business decisions, things are handled by management, which is not uncommon. One of the most important functions of an agent/manager is to insulate their client from potentially stressful or embarrassing situations. They now have different representation which apparently made the O2 negotiations more complex.

However, I do remember in a recent (last 10 years) interview, Jimmy was asked if he and Robert still talk, and Jimmy's response was something like;

"The other day I was getting the family ready to go out for the day and the phone rang. It was Robert on for a chat and I said 'Christ, Robert I've got everybody in the car, can't talk now'." He went on to say they talk fairly regularly.

I have noticed recently that there is a phenomenon where people think that having an 'entourage' is a desirable thing. Having 'people' to do things for you had become the goal, and not a product of success. But it's a drag, it's not a healthy way to be.

RP and JP are good mates, they both did their best work with each other, and have known each other for decades through all sorts of trials and good times. I very much doubt they would insulate themselves from each other in that way.

Well who can guess as to the dynamic of their relationship? I am sure that with some business decisions, things are handled by management, which is not uncommon. One of the most important functions of an agent/manager is to insulate their client from potentially stressful or embarrassing situations. They now have different representation which apparently made the O2 negotiations more complex.

However, I do remember in a recent (last 10 years) interview, Jimmy was asked if he and Robert still talk, and Jimmy's response was something like;

"The other day I was getting the family ready to go out for the day and the phone rang. It was Robert on for a chat and I said 'Christ, Robert I've got everybody in the car, can't talk now'." He went on to say they talk fairly regularly.

I have noticed recently that there is a phenomenon where people think that having an 'entourage' is a desirable thing. Having 'people' to do things for you had become the goal, and not a product of success. But it's a drag, it's not a healthy way to be.

RP and JP are good mates, they both did their best work with each other, and have known each other for decades through all sorts of trials and good times. I very much doubt they would insulate themselves from each other in that way.

Why do people quote an entire post then fail to add their own remarks? :huh:

Because a minority of us are not as astute on the computer as you,Round Robin.I apologize to you for my lack of skill. I envy your ability.Please accept my apology.

Because a minority of us are not as astute on the computer as you,Round Robin.I apologize to you for my lack of skill. I envy your ability.Please accept my apology.

I meant no insult, I just didn't know why you'd do that. I was thinking you'd post your remark after that, if not edit your original quoting. I'm not that savvy either jabe, please accept my apology for seemingly downgrading your abilities.

You can actually edit posts if you make a mistake/typo whatever.

In the bottom right corner of each post you will see 2 buttons "Reply" and "Quote". When you look at your own posts there will also be and "Edit" button.

Actually, not that it matters that much as the point is the same, but the interview was with Robert, from Blender, 2002.

Q. How did your last telephone call with Jimmy Page go?

A. What an excellent question. It was December 21, 2001. I said, "Hey, Jim, how's it going?" He said, "Oh, Christ, I can't talk now; everybody's in the car waiting to go." That was it. Word for word. I've seen him since, but that was the last telephone call I had with him.

[sorry to be such an anorak! I imagine things have changed since 2001, anyway.]

Actually, not that it matters that much as the point is the same, but the interview was with Robert, from Blender, 2002.

Q. How did your last telephone call with Jimmy Page go?

A. What an excellent question. It was December 21, 2001. I said, "Hey, Jim, how's it going?" He said, "Oh, Christ, I can't talk now; everybody's in the car waiting to go." That was it. Word for word. I've seen him since, but that was the last telephone call I had with him.

[sorry to be such an anorak! I imagine things have changed since 2001, anyway.]

Brilliant. I was working off memory so thanks for finding the real deal.

Steve...what are the actual heights of each member of Zeppelin?

Wolfman, they've each lost a little height since their Led Zeppelin heyday so generally speaking Robert is between 6' & 6' 1" inch, Jimmy between 5' 11" & 6' and JPJ between

5' 9 & 5' 10".

Is it a situation of "have my people get in touch with your people" or is it more personable when rock royalty deals with rock royalty?

Jimmy Page, Robert Plant and John Paul Jones can and most assuredly do call each other directly. One such occasion was in 1987 when Robert called Jimmy to invite him to come to the studio and contribute to his 'Now & Zen' album. A date was arranged and Jimmy recorded solos for 'Heaven Knows' and 'Tall Cool One' in just one afternoon.

In November 1983 Jimmy rang up Paul Rodgers to inquire if he fancied playing with him on the ARMS tour in America…Paul readily accepted. When he got to Los Angeles the

following month he immediately called Richard Cole. Jimmy also maintained a tradition of calling Ronnie Lane every year on his birthday (April 1st) to express birthday wishes and warm regards. These are a few examples of Jimmy reaching out to touch someone so to speak.

In contrast, Slash and Axl Rose haven't spoken directly to one another for nearly eight years and not long ago Axl went so far as to have Slash turned away from attending a Guns n Roses gig but then their relationship is far more acrimonious.

Edited by SteveAJones

These are a few examples of Jimmy reaching out to touch someone so to speak.

I remember reading somewhere that Jimmy personally phoned Terry Reid before the gig - just before TR was to go on stage, to give encouragement... coincidentally or not, that was the gig where Terry played one of Jimmy's guitars. I apologize for the lack of exact quote, I don't remember the source or even the date (some time in 200?) but it adds to the impression that Jimmy is a caring dude no doubt.

I remember reading somewhere that Jimmy personally phoned Terry Reid before the gig - just before TR was to go on stage, to give encouragement... coincidentally or not, that was the gig where Terry played one of Jimmy's guitars. I apologize for the lack of exact quote, I don't remember the source or even the date (some time in 200?) but it adds to the impression that Jimmy is a caring dude no doubt.

He also shows support for his friends by being there...Jimmy has attended at least three

Terry Reid gigs:

March 1969 Revolution Club in London

Jan 12 2004 House of Blues in Los Angeles

Nov 20 2005 Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London

(also Jimmy's first visit to this venue as he explained he "never liked jazz")

He also shows support for his friends by being there...Jimmy has attended at least three

Terry Reid gigs:

March 1969 Revolution Club in London

Jan 12 2004 House of Blues in Los Angeles

Nov 20 2005 Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club in London

(also Jimmy's first visit to this venue as he explained he "never liked jazz")

Wow, respect, man, I only knew of 2004 one, though I suspected there were more... hold on a minute, wasn't that at the Joint? I remember reading he was driven to the Joint to see Terry... lemme try to locate the source. Might take a while LOL

Wow, respect, man, I only knew of 2004 one, though I suspected there were more... hold on a minute, wasn't that at the Joint? I remember reading he was driven to the Joint to see Terry... lemme try to locate the source. Might take a while LOL

House of Blues - The Joint 8430 Sunset Boulevard

The Joint is part of the House of Blues complex.

The date for Terry's March '69 gig is unconfirmed but quite possibly on Fri, March 21st after Jimmy finished up for the evening at BBC Lime Grove Studios - Studio G. Led Zeppelin were short-notice replacements for The Flying Burrito Brothers and held a 5:45pm recording session for 'Communication Breakdown' telecast later that night on 'How Late It Is' at 10:50pm. Anyway, going to Terry's gig would have been a source of joy and relaxation for Pagey.

Edited by SteveAJones