Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

Jimmy Page's Handwriting

Jimmy's notes explaining his concept for the laser pyramid violin bow solo he would perform during the 1979 Knebworth Festival:

1979LaserCueSheet.jpg

Wow! What a piece of memorablilia. Where did you get that? It shows the planning that Jimmy put into all his performances. Great one Steve.

Edited by SuperDave

Jimmy Page's Handwriting

Jimmy's notes explaining his concept for the laser pyramid violin bow solo he would perform during the 1979 Knebworth Festival:

1979LaserCueSheet.jpg

Wow - absolutely awesome! Thanks for sharing.

"Into Sonic Wave" Hmmmm... and that's where we went! :D

The notes read:

Harmonizer into sonic wave

Bow <strobed?> overhead leading into first bowed chords and appearance of pyramid

Staccato repeat (pyramid turns 1/4)

Repeat speed up and pyramid revolves and stops when I start on the wah-wah

Smoke on the back of pyramid

More high and low wah-wah notes leading to more staccato

Repeats ending with bow waves strobeing above my head

Pyramid builds to a spin even before drum entrance

<Tremedor?> on high chord - slide down <black?>

Can anyone confirm or decypher the words in <bold?>?

Cool shit by the way, thanks for posting Steve!

I used to work with an expert in handwriting analysis. I haven't seen her in years but wish she was here to look at Jimmy's handwriting sample. I do remember she told me that people who write in all capital letters are scientific/mathematical minded, such as architects and engineers. I remember this specifically because my father always wrote in all caps, and I asked her what it meant. My dad was super intelligent and very mechanical minded. He built many things, including his own house, so I think this is true.

Edited by Mernie

I used to work with an expert in handwriting analysis. I haven't seen her in years but wish she was here to look at Jimmy's handwriting sample. I do remember she told me that people who write in all capital letters are scientific/mathematical minded, such as architects and engineers. I remember this specifically because my father always wrote in all caps, and I asked her what it meant. My dad was super intelligent and very mechanical minded. He built many things, including his own house, so I think this is true.

Sounds about right.., I can't speak for every engineer/architect, but all of the ones I know personally, including myself, write in all caps.., although its usually very clean and straight looking as if a stencil were used...

Maybe thats where all the whispy lines and inconsistencies come in with Page's writing - his artistic side shining through?

My handwriting is in all caps (my E's looks like C's with a line in the middle). It looks like some kind of hiroglyphics. :D

R B)

I THOUGHT ALL CAPS MEANT YOU WERE SHOUTING?!?!?!!!! :o

They brought in a handwriting suspect for me once too...but I was acquitted anyways....

Sounds about right.., I can't speak for every engineer/architect, but all of the ones I know personally, including myself, write in all caps.., although its usually very clean and straight looking as if a stencil were used...

Maybe thats where all the whispy lines and inconsistencies come in with Page's writing - his artistic side shining through?

Exactly what I thought!

Well, she's definately on the ball, there. My dad writes in capital letters and not only is he super duper clever at maths, he's also a Mechanical Engineer - wanted to be an architect.

And, hey, who was it that wanted to go into Biological research again?

B)

Well, she's definately on the ball, there. My dad writes in capital letters and not only is he super duper clever at maths, he's also a Mechanical Engineer - wanted to be an architect.

And, hey, who was it that wanted to go into Biological research again?

B)

Right, and isn't Jimmy also a noted authority on the work of a famous architect? Maybe an architect who built one of his houses? I read that either here in the forums or in a book.

Right, and isn't Jimmy also a noted authority on the work of a famous architect? Maybe an architect who built one of his houses? I read that either here in the forums or in a book.

He's quite the fan of William Burges, an architect and designer back in the 19th Century. Jimmy bought his home Tower House in 1972, I think. This was Burges home, as well as his design.

Jimmy Page's Handwriting

1979LaserCueSheet.jpg

Most awesome! I've seen that before! Is that from your collection Steve? Have you posted that on the board before? I know I've seen it somewhere. Sure would like to be the proud owner of that gem....that should be mounted and framed...

He's quite the fan of William Burges, an architect and designer back in the 19th Century. Jimmy bought his home Tower House in 1972, I think. This was Burges home, as well as his design.

Jimmy outbid David Bowie for Tower House in June 1973. He purchased it from the actor Richard Harris. More Page-Burges trivia:

December 1972

Whilst touring with Led Zeppelin in Cardiff Jimmy knocked on the door of Cardiff Castle, a William Burges-interior designed landmark but he could not enter as it is was closed

for renovations.

May 27 2002

Jimmy opened a Burges room exhibit at Knighthayes Court near Devon, England for which Jimmy lent a Victorian Gothic wardrobe from his personal collection for three months.

May 19 2004

Jimmy returned to Cardiff Castle for a book launch at the request of Matthew Williams, curator of the castle and author of a William Burges book with Jimmy's cooperation.

October 6 2005

Jimmy opened a William Burges exhibition called "Conserving the Dream - Treasures of St. Fin Barre's Catheral" in Cork, Ireland.

Edited by SteveAJones

Most awesome! I've seen that before! Is that from your collection Steve? Have you posted that on the board before? I know I've seen it somewhere. Sure would like to be the proud owner of that gem....that should be mounted and framed...

If I'm not mistaken, this was originally posted on another board by PhotonBeam, who was the laser operator on the 1977 tour?