Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

I'm sorry to derail the mysteries thread and, while I don't have time to quote all of the posts about Pamela that were made here right now (I'm in the middle of cooking dinner), I just wanted to say that Pamela is a charming woman. She is also self-assured and charismatic. One of my friends met her and spent some time with her when Pamela was in Austin last month. I asked my friend about her and she told me that Pamela is still charming and self-assured and charismatic but my friend also described her as "wonderful" and "intelligent" and "caring" and "very spiritual". I don't know whether or when Jimmy might have called her a "bimbo" but no one I know who has ever spent time with Pamela and gotten to know her has described her as that.

If Pamela was really attractive and important for Jimmy,I think that they are still good friends.

The "bimbo" comment was referred to by Pamela in her 2nd book "Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart". She was doing a radio interview at the time in Miami promoting "I'm With The Band" and Jimmy was in town with The Firm at the same time.

The DJ asked her "So what do you think about Jimmy Page calling you a bimbo?" The DJ played her an interview he done with Jimmy a few hours earlier. The DJ asked him what he thought of her book and his reply was, "Oh I've met alot of bimbos out there. You know how girls like to exaggerate".

Thank you Roxie!!

I could understand Jimmy's evaluation about groupies again.

Though it was already written in the first Zeppelin official bio written by Richie Yorke in 1976.

Strange it may seems, but I think she and Michael des Barres are still friends with Robert.

She mentions staying in contact with Robert throughout all her books right up until the most recent published a couple of years ago. Her and Michael were at the Plant/Krauss shows in L.A this summer that someone on the forum mentioned seeing them at.

The "bimbo" comment was referred to by Pamela in her 2nd book "Take Another Little Piece Of My Heart". She was doing a radio interview at the time in Miami promoting "I'm With The Band" and Jimmy was in town with The Firm at the same time.

The DJ asked her "So what do you think about Jimmy Page calling you a bimbo?" The DJ played her an interview he had done with Jimmy a few hours earlier. The DJ asked him what he thought of her book and his reply was, "Oh I've met alot of bimbos out there. You know how girls like to exaggerate".

Thank you for the explanation, Roxie.

If Pamela was really attractive and important for Jimmy,I think that they are still good friends.

I think Pamela is still friends with Robert but not Jimmy.

In her book, "Take Another Little Piece of My Heart" she writes: " A few months earlier, Jimmy had attempted to snub me at the Atlantic Records reunion bash, where Zeppelin played together for the first time in many years. With John Bonham's son Jason playing drums, JPJ in top form, and Robert wailing with memories of a ripe, rip-roaring time, long, long gone, it had been a magical night. Backstage hanging with Robert, I greeted Jimmy warmly, and when he kept walking, I called his name so loud that everyone turned around. "Jimmy Page!!" He stopped dead in his tracks, slowly turned to face me, and said, "Why Pamela, dear. How are you?" But his eyes weren't kind, and it was clear he didn't care how I was. I had heard it through the grapeslime that Jimmy had been angry about the way he was portrayed in my book. I guess I didn't kiss his skinny ass quite hard enough."

She mentions staying in contact with Robert throughout all her books right up until the most recent published a couple of years ago. Her and Michael were at the Plant/Krauss shows in L.A this summer that someone on the forum mentioned seeing them at.

They're still close friends. Robert spent two days with Pamela while on tour in Seattle

back in 2005. Their paths have crossed many time thru the years. I corresponded with Miss Pamela a few years ago and acquired some items for my archive. I found her to be a very kind woman.

Roxie - Jimmy never actually played Miami with The Firm, but he did give a couple of radio interviews while touring Florida with them in March 1986. Is the name of the

radio host provided? I'm wondering if it's something he said on nationally syndicated 'Rockline' or to Ron Diaz of 'Power Cuts' which aired only on WYNF 96 FM in Tampa.

It sounds as if it could possibly be an interview I'm unaware of.

Thanks Roxie. I take it the exaggeration was on the pills comment? Her biography doesn't say anything nastier than that other than what Alice has stated.

This was from her second book: "God he

drives me nuts, I can't f*ck him enough"

Interestingly Pamela also dated Michael Winner, director of Death Wish II and had previously met Bobbie Beausoliel in the 1960s, before marrying Michael Des Barres in 1977.

Meg

The DJ asked her "So what do you think about Jimmy Page calling you a bimbo?" The DJ played her an interview he had done with Jimmy a few hours earlier. The DJ asked him what he thought of her book and his reply was, "Oh I've met alot of bimbos out there. You know how girls like to exaggerate".

My best guess was and still is: Page and Grant were in California, probably San Francisco, maybe even Oakland, dealing with the fact that members and employees of the band had been arrested that very day, and relations with one of the biggest concert promoters in the United States, in one of the biggest concert markets in the United States, were not looking so good all of a sudden.

John Paul Jones and family seem to have been on a camping trip to Yosemite, which apparently lasted all of 29 minutes, given the 10 hour drive there and back again and the aproximately four hour flight to New Orleans...

Plant and Bonzo and others took the Chariot to New Orleans after Bonzo was released by the police... kudos for sheer fucking chutzpah to them all.

They were booked into the San Francisco Hilton for the duration of their stay in the Bay Area. If JPJ went to Yosemite may well have been during the scheduled break between

the San Francisco and New Orleans shows (July 25th-29th '77), and thus accounting for

where he was in the aftermath of the tragedy.

Roxie - Jimmy never actually played Miami with The Firm, but he did give a couple of radio interviews while touring Florida with them in March 1986. Is the name of the

radio host provided? I'm wondering if it's something he said on nationally syndicated 'Rockline' or to Ron Diaz of 'Power Cuts' which aired only on WYNF 96 FM in Tampa.

It sounds as if it could possibly be an interview I'm unaware of.

She doesn't mention the name of the DJ. Just refers to him as Mr. DJ. She does say that off air the DJ said to Jimmy how Pamela was in town as well. Jimmy says "You say Pamela is in town today? I wouldn't mind if you brought good ol' Miss P down to The Firm show tonight".

In her book, "Take Another Little Piece of My Heart" she writes: " A few months earlier, Jimmy had attempted to snub me at the Atlantic Records reunion bash, where Zeppelin played together for the first time in many years. With John Bonham's son Jason playing drums, JPJ in top form, and Robert wailing with memories of a ripe, rip-roaring time, long, long gone, it had been a magical night. Backstage hanging with Robert, I greeted Jimmy warmly, and when he kept walking, I called his name so loud that everyone turned around. "Jimmy Page!!" He stopped dead in his tracks, slowly turned to face me, and said, "Why Pamela, dear. How are you?" But his eyes weren't kind, and it was clear he didn't care how I was. I had heard it through the grapeslime that Jimmy had been angry about the way he was portrayed in my book. I guess I didn't kiss his skinny ass quite hard enough."

Thank you for your info,lynn.

Jimmy never loved Pamela. Nevertheless,she behaved(in her books) as if she knew Jimmy most. Jimmy might not have been able to endure it.

Jimmy might not have been able to endure it.

Perhaps it was mutual.

In her book, "Take Another Little Piece of My Heart" she writes: " A few months earlier, Jimmy had attempted to snub me at the Atlantic Records reunion bash, where Zeppelin played together for the first time in many years. With John Bonham's son Jason playing drums, JPJ in top form, and Robert wailing with memories of a ripe, rip-roaring time, long, long gone, it had been a magical night. Backstage hanging with Robert, I greeted Jimmy warmly, and when he kept walking, I called his name so loud that everyone turned around. "Jimmy Page!!" He stopped dead in his tracks, slowly turned to face me, and said, "Why Pamela, dear. How are you?" But his eyes weren't kind, and it was clear he didn't care how I was.

Thank you for the clarification. I guess that solves the mystery.

Edited by eternal light

She doesn't mention the name of the DJ. Just refers to him as Mr. DJ. She does say that off air the DJ said to Jimmy how Pamela was in town as well. Jimmy says "You say Pamela is in town today? I wouldn't mind if you brought good ol' Miss P down to The Firm show tonight".

It must be a radio interview recorded on 3/15/86. The Firm played the Sportatorium in Hollywood, FL that night, only 27 kilometers (17 miles) from Miami. I'd like to acquire a

copy if I can find one. Thanks!

It must be a radio interview recorded on 3/15/86. The Firm played the Sportatorium in Hollywood, FL that night, only 27 kilometers (17 miles) from Miami. I'd like to acquire a

copy if I can find one. Thanks!

Ahh ok, so not Miami - but close to. FWIW she declined and hung out with Don Johnson instead. B)

Women who suffer in silence fail to impress me.

It's just your opinion.

I'm sure Jimmy loves classy woman in reality.

Classy woman has a high pride and dignity. She thinks making her past loves public to be ribaldry.

Of course it's my opinion!(lol)

Edited by Alice75