Zeppelin Mysteries Hosted by Steve A. Jones

SteveAJones

That's it, 1995! I was gonna call the wife and ask her to start reading tshirts! to find out. Great Concert. If anyone has a chance to see a concert at the Bradley Center, do it. A very personal venue. Bands seem more informal there too. I saw the differences in the Stones one summer between the Chicago United Center and the Bradley center in Milwaukee. More fun in Milwaukee.

Thanks Steve.

The pro-shot video footage from the Page/Plant 5/1/95 Milwaukee show is in circulation.

I covered the details of the film production crew hired for that tour in this thread quite some time ago for anyone interested in scrolling way back.

Let me correct myself. He wore a German SS officers hat (you can tell by the silver chord and skull on brim), It is impossible to tell on pants and boots, gonna say no, they are not original or german army reproduction. Looked up the 4-10-77 concert pictures on this site. Also a couple cool ones (one on the plane with him holding some girl) by googling jimmy page 1977.

You tube had the milwaukee concert on a while back. Wife and I would tease the kids and tell them that we were on youtube. We were the tiny dots above Jimmy's left shoulder. Thanks again steve.

Looks like a dragon or gryphon

...That is also very good observation, Entirely possible, AND:

Possibly, Jimmy "Could" be wearing the The Cross and The Loch. Monster pendant together, (which is my observation) because of their historic connection as in this article:

http://www.fisheaters.com/animals13.html

The following comes from "Loch Ness in the Highlands of Scotland":

Once upon a time, when Saint Columba was traveling through the country of the Picts, he had to cross the River Ness. When he reached the shore there was a group of people, Picts and Brethren both, burying an unfortunate guy who had been bit by a water-monster. Columba ordered one of his people to swim across the river and get the boat on the other side so that he might cross. On hearing this, Lugneus Mocumin stripped down to his tunic and plunged in to the water.

But the monster saw him swimming and charged to the surface to devour poor Lugneus and everyone who was watching was horrified and hid their eyes in terror. Everyone except Columba who raised his holy hand and inscribed the Cross in the empty air. Calling upon the name of God, he commanded the savage beast, saying: "Go no further! Do not touch the man! Go back at once!"

The monster drew back as though pulled by ropes and retreated quickly to the depths of the Loch. Lugneus brought the boat back, unharmed and everyone was astonished. And the heathen savages who were present were overcome by the greatness of the miracle which they themselves had seen, and magnified the God of the Christians.

Picture.jpg

cs3_stcolumbascross.jpg

....I suppose the mystery continues..... :D :D

Hi Steve!

Here's some newer questions for you. :D

1.) Since the last couple of pages in this thread deal with the necklace, didn't Chris Farlowe own / or still own a WWII memorabilia store? If so, when did Chris open / purchase the store? Perhaps some of Jimmy's articles of clothing / jewelry was purchased from Chris' store?

2.) How did Bonzo end up in the movie "Son Of Dracula" Since I haven't seen the movie what song was Bonzo and the band jamming to?

3.)Can you confirm that one of the proposed titles for The Firm's debut album was "The Royal Court Of China?"

4.)Can you confirm that Simon Kirke was in the passenger seat when Bonzo was pulled over for speeding down Sunset? The story was told by JPJ in the '90's?

5.)Which Bad Company concert in Birmingham did Bonzo, Robert, and Jimmy play on stage with Bad Company?

6.)When Led Zeppelin was able to meet Elvis, Paul Rodgers was also at the concert and attempted to meet with Elvis. Did Peter or Clive ever explain why Paul couldn't also get backstage to meet with Elvis?

Any update on any of the other questions I have? :D

Robert

Hi Steve!

Here's some newer questions for you. :D

1.) Since the last couple of pages in this thread deal with the necklace, didn't Chris Farlowe own / or still own a WWII memorabilia store? If so, when did Chris open / purchase the store? Perhaps some of Jimmy's articles of clothing / jewelry was purchased from Chris' store?

2.) How did Bonzo end up in the movie "Son Of Dracula" Since I haven't seen the movie what song was Bonzo and the band jamming to?

3.)Can you confirm that one of the proposed titles for The Firm's debut album was "The Royal Court Of China?"

4.)Can you confirm that Simon Kirke was in the passenger seat when Bonzo was pulled over for speeding down Sunset? The story was told by JPJ in the '90's?

5.)Which Bad Company concert in Birmingham did Bonzo, Robert, and Jimmy play on stage with Bad Company?

6.)When Led Zeppelin was able to meet Elvis, Paul Rodgers was also at the concert and attempted to meet with Elvis. Did Peter or Clive ever explain why Paul couldn't also get backstage to meet with Elvis?

Any update on any of the other questions I have? :D

Robert

Robert, I always welcome your Premier League-level inquiries. I don't have the answers

readily available to them all, but I will get back to you soon. I am close to getting an

answer on whom produced the tour passes for the Over Europe '80 tour and I continue

looking into the previous questions.

As I understand it, Bonzo's involvement in Son of Dracula came about thru his friend Harry Nilsson, who played the main part of Count Downe. 1974 was a slow year for

Led Zeppelin.

Glicine is correct concerning Question #5. I can add to her post by saying Page, Plant and Bonham joined Bad Company for a jam on 'I'm Down' while Peter Grant watched from the side of the stage. The venue was the Birmingham Odeon.

More to follow in this thread concerning all your questions.

1983_12_08NewYorkMSG.jpg

The butterfly's attractiveness derives not only from colors and symmetry: deeper motives contribute to it. We would not think them so beautiful if they did not fly, or if they flew straight and briskly like bees, or if they stung, or above all if they did not enact the perturbing mystery of metamorphosis: the latter assumes in our eyes the value of a badly decoded message, a symbol, a sign.

1983_12_08NewYorkMSG.jpg

The butterfly's attractiveness derives not only from colors and symmetry: deeper motives contribute to it. We would not think them so beautiful if they did not fly, or if they flew straight and briskly like bees, or if they stung, or above all if they did not enact the perturbing mystery of metamorphosis: the latter assumes in our eyes the value of a badly decoded message, a symbol, a sign.

:notworthy:

.....Haven't caught The Butterfly of your thoughts yet Steve, but I hope the flowers remain full of fragrance for Your countless visits.........Cheers

1983_12_08NewYorkMSG.jpg

Who wrote that, was it Nabokov?

(I was wrong, it was Primo Levi--but the combination of butterflies, signs, and symbols led me astray. :D )

Edited by Aquamarine

Beat you to it by about 30 seconds! As I said, it seemed to have Nabokov's hallmarks but I'd never read it in anything of his.

You ARE quick! I was just reading about Levi (strange man, tragic life) when this quote popped up so...

remind me never to play Jeopardy against you

Okay, I have one. According to The Concert File by Dave Lewis, Led Zeppelin were in Eugene, Oregon on July 31, 1969, where they may have played but did receive gold records for Led Zeppelin I. It seems ridiculous that they would just stop in Eugene, which is much smaller than Portland (Portland is the ground-zero for major acts who play in Oregon, usually), only to collect gold records and then keep going. It seems more likely that an award of gold records would coincide with their playing in Eugene. Since I'm in the area, perhaps I can do some digging this week for more info but in the meantime, the questions are these:

1. If Zeppelin played in Eugene, OR on that date, what venue did they play at (not all bands play the Hult Center when or if they come here)?

2. Where in Eugene, OR were they awarded the gold records for LZ I?

3. For any future dates played in Eugene, OR, what venues did they play at?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this one, Steve.

Okay, I have one. According to The Concert File by Dave Lewis, Led Zeppelin were in Eugene, Oregon on July 31, 1969, where they may have played but did receive gold records for Led Zeppelin I. It seems ridiculous that they would just stop in Eugene, which is much smaller than Portland (Portland is the ground-zero for major acts who play in Oregon, usually), only to collect gold records and then keep going. It seems more likely that an award of gold records would coincide with their playing in Eugene. Since I'm in the area, perhaps I can do some digging this week for more info but in the meantime, the questions are these:

1. If Zeppelin played in Eugene, OR on that date, what venue did they play at (not all bands play the Hult Center when or if they come here)?

2. Where in Eugene, OR were they awarded the gold records for LZ I?

3. For any future dates played in Eugene, OR, what venues did they play at?

Thanks in advance for any light you can shed on this one, Steve.

There is no evidence whatsoever to support Led Zeppelin performed in Eugene, OR on 7/31/69 or any other date. I recall the book says Atlantic Record's Vice-President Jerry Wexler presented the band with gold album awards for their debut album on that date.

Unsure if the book associates that event with Eugene, OR (they'd performed in Salt

Lake City, Utah the night before) but it's more like it happened in Los Angeles.

I show the band arrived in Los Angeles on 7/31/69 on account of a tour anecdote

published in the Spring 1991 issue of 'Masters of Rock'. Specifically, Richard Cole relates

they were staying at the Continental Hyatt House on the Sunset Strip and Jimmy sent

him to Thee Experience to deliver a note to Pamela DesBarres, who was there watching Bo Diddley perform that night. She did not come over to see him at the hotel, so Jimmy called her in the morning to inquire why and invited her to the Zeppelin concert at the Earl Warren Showgrounds in Santa Barbara (8/1/69). She accepted, and after the concert they rode back to Los Angeles together in a limo and participated in post-concert revelry at Thee Experience.