led zeppelin oz tour? please...

zeppelinfan4eva

Talking about Zeppelin and Australia...I was pretty shocked to find out they only ever toured here once! It's a shame really, we have quite a reasonable Zep fan base here, so there wouldn't be any shortage of profit. If they did come here, It would be my very first concert; There would be no way I would be told I couldn't go ^.^ Dad's behind me on it anywhoo ;) But I hope that they decide to do a tour at all :) I just hope that present day Australia will make up for lost ground in 1972.

Talking about Zeppelin and Australia...I was pretty shocked to find out they only ever toured here once! It's a shame really, we have quite a reasonable Zep fan base here, so there wouldn't be any shortage of profit. If they did come here, It would be my very first concert; There would be no way I would be told I couldn't go ^.^ Dad's behind me on it anywhoo ;) But I hope that they decide to do a tour at all :) I just hope that present day Australia will make up for lost ground in 1972.

They had their hotel raided by the police in Perth, and I think that may have put them off coming back (no drugs were found luckily).

I'm sure things would be different now (unless the cops raid their rooms for herbal tea)

Besides the drug raid, it also rained one day and a stage collapsed so a show had to be postponed. It obviously wasn't a complete disaster, but I think that they didn't get the best press and I can understand that they would have been put off from touring here again.

We've got a great LZ fan base so I think we can atone for the last tour :D . Remembering that in 1972, Australia had very little population (but still enough to cause riots :P). There was no crowd control in those days but any tour nowadays would be an unmeasurable success. The things that wrong in '72 wont happen again.

Plus Robert has relatives here!

plantfamev4.jpg

wow! as pauline would say....please explain...who are these people?

I agree. How sad is it!!

They had their hotel raided by the police in Perth, and I think that may have put them off coming back (no drugs were found luckily).

I'm sure things would be different now (unless the cops raid their rooms for herbal tea)

I believe they were planning a world tour for late '75 through 1976 which would have taken them back to Japan, Australia plus a few other places they'd never visited before, but then the Rhodes accident happened and those plans were derailed.

When Page & Plant were here in 96 Robert said it had been a while since they had been to Oz and that they hoped it wouldn't be that long until they returned.

72 was a successful tour and some say Sydney was one of their greatest performances.

That was my first concert ever, not a bad initiation.

Bring It On Home.

Archived