The Who Thread

blackdog

• 3 weeks later...
Last night I watched a bootleg DVD of the Who live in Houston 1975 and it just kicked my ass. I haven't seen the Who since '76 and I had forgotten just how great they were!!!!

On par with live zep! WOW!!!!!

I have a bootleg CD set of that show and I agree, it really does kick you in the ass. I love the part when Moon goes:

"Thank you, we'd like to, ahh thank you Houston. Who said you were just a hick-town with more millionaires per square inch than any other? Certainly not me. It's not Houston? Jesus Christ it's been a long tour. We'd like to do something we've never before attempted under these conditions. This is a number, for under this roof seeing as we've never played here before, this is something written by myself with additional help from Pete Townshend and John Entwistle. Of course Pete Townshend takes all the credit because he's taller and more aggressive, and he's got a beard. So we'd like to do Pete Townshend's, Keith Moon and John Entwistle's, and Roger Daltrey, my dear, of what we think, TOMMY! EXCERPTS!"

Of course they fight, but Roger always gets his way considering he's three times stronger than the other(s).

Some other great fueds:

Roger Waters vs. Rick Wright and David Gilmour

Axl Rose vs. Everybody and His Sister

Van Halen vs David Lee Roth

Mick Jagger vs. Keith Richards Check that here

Ginger Baker vs. Jack Bruce

Scott Weiland vs. Anybody He's Been in a Band With

Chinn/Chapman vs. The Rest of Sweet

Last night I watched a bootleg DVD of the Who live in Houston 1975 and it just kicked my ass. I haven't seen the Who since '76 and I had forgotten just how great they were!!!!

On par with live zep! WOW!!!!!

You are the Man Chef Free watched the 75 show it is great and unlike some people who make promises You actually do what You say.You have a new Friend period.Take care Man the memories that brought back I was really starting to dislike being 50 and then The Who Movie made me realize what all I have seen in My life that many will never see so maybe its not as bad as I thought to get old.

You are the Man Chef Free watched the 75 show it is great and unlike some people who make promises You actually do what You say.You have a new Friend period.Take care Man the memories that brought back I was really starting to dislike being 50 and then The Who Movie made me realize what all I have seen in My life that many will never see so maybe its not as bad as I thought to get old.

Good point, we may be old but we saw the Who with Moonie and the Zeppelin with Bonzo!

Take that all you youngsters!

Edited by chef free

Any Who fans on here? Like Zep, Beatles, Stones, I've been a Who fan also for many years.

I got a chance to see them again last year (in Atlanta) when they toured the US. Although The Who

are now "the 2", they still put on a great show and are better than most younger acts out today, IMHO.

I did get to see The Who twice before Keith Moon died (in the early 70's) and the original lineup

was amazing live. Their energy was unmatched. And yes, Pete is still doing those windmills!

How's it going Blackdog?" I am a WHO fan also, I've seen them live 6 times, once with the original line up. What did you think of the VH-1 Rock Honors? I think that THE WHO's drummer Zak Starkey is the best drummer THE WHO has ever had since Keith Moon. Why, because Zak Starkey is the son of one Richard Starkey, but you may know him well as THE BEATLES' legendary drummer Ringo Starr. Keith Moon was Uncle Keith to Zak who was also responsible for buying Zak his first drum kit. Its only natural that Zak would be the perfect drummer for THE WHO, what do you think? ROCK ON!

Good point, we may be old but we saw the Who with Moonie and the Zeppelin with Bonzo!

Take that all you youngsters!

I saw The Who in 1967, opening for Hermans Hermits.

The last time I saw the Who was when they first toured after John died. It seemed then as if most people there were only familiar with the songs that are played on classic rock radio.

I saw The Who in 1967, opening for Hermans Hermits.

The last time I saw the Who was when they first toured after John died. It seemed then as if most people there were only familiar with the songs that are played on classic rock radio.

why in hell were the who OPENING for herman's hermits??!?! that ain't right,.

that was before Hendrix became a superstar after woodstock

A well established Hendrix played Woodstock in 1969, you're probably thinking of Jimi's Monterey Pop festival appearance a few years prior.

The Monkees/Hendrix pairing was a mistake no doubt.

A well established Hendrix played Woodstock in 1969, you're probably thinking of Jimi's Monterey Pop festival appearance a few years prior.

The Monkees/Hendrix pairing was a mistake no doubt.

That's it. I always mix the two festivals up. Considering both of them are a good 40 years older than I am...

I'm just trying to imagine the shock experienced by people showing up for the Monkees and being killed by Hendrix first thing

That's it. I always mix the two festivals up. Considering both of them are a good 40 years older than I am...

I'm just trying to imagine the shock experienced by people showing up for the Monkees and being killed by Hendrix first thing

I think I heard that Jimi got kicked off of that tour for giving the Monkees fans the finger.

With The Who and Hermans Hermits, that's the tour where Keith Moon drove a Lincoln Continental into a swimming pool and all the bands kicked in to pay for it. The Blues Magoos were on that tour also.

Edited by Midnight Rambler

But that would put you in a currently infantile state. :blink:

The Monkees were fans and asked Hendrix to be on their tour, it of course didn't work out but probably helped immensely from a marketing standpoint. Now people wanted to see what was too bawdy for Monkees fans. B)

I think I heard that Jimi got kicked off of that tour for giving the Monkees fans the finger.

With The Who and Hermans Hermits, that\'s the tour where Keith Moon drove a Lincoln Continental into a swimming pool and all the bands kicked in to pay for it. The Blues Magoos were on that tour also.

I actually met Peter Noone about 4 yrs ago. Original singer in Herman\'s Hermit\'s. I always liked some of their songs. My favorite, \"Mrs Brown you have a lovely Daughter\">