The Who Thread

blackdog

• 10 months later...
On 1/14/2019 at 10:40 PM, The Pagemeister said:

Got my ticket for MSG, NYC this morning! I may decide to catch them in Philly too.

Roger has conceded that this may be his/their last tour - not exactly news, but it was good to hear him be honest about the strong possibility.

New album out by the end of the year (if you buy a ticket, you get a complimentary copy of the album when it comes out), and the show are planned to be symphonic as well - mini-orchestras from each city will be playing along with them.

Looking forward to it!

On 1/17/2019 at 10:50 PM, ForEvermore said:

Roger has conceded that this may be his/their last tour - not exactly news, but it was good to hear him be honest about the strong possibility.

The Who announced a farewell tour in the early 80s, but nowadays, it's no stunt.

A lot of bands and artists are beginning to pack it in for real.

On 1/20/2019 at 11:36 PM, The Pagemeister said:

The Who announced a farewell tour in the early 80s, but nowadays, it's no stunt.

A lot of bands and artists are beginning to pack it in for real.

Yes, I remember that tour back in 1982. That version of The Who did die then, as the original band did when Moon went to Drummers' Heaven.

Yes, that's one of the few reasons why I wasn't missing this tour. I think this is really it. (Although I also think Townshend will continue solo for a bit longer after this tour...)

• 3 months later...
19 minutes ago, luvlz2 said:

Roger Daltrey calls out pot smoking fans near front row at Madison Square Garden:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-daltrey-pot-smoking-fans/

That was one of the funnier events of the evening! 😆

To be blunt, Roger was in really great voice all night. On “Love Reign O’er Me”, when he sings the title again right after the instrumental break and before the finale of the song, he hit the note on “Love...” - it was very impressive! 😎

21 hours ago, luvlz2 said:

Roger Daltrey calls out pot smoking fans near front row at Madison Square Garden:

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/roger-daltrey-pot-smoking-fans/

"Hey you smoking Mother Nature, this is a bust..."

After 55 some years of rock concerts, weed finally ruined his night?

4 hours ago, Badgeholder Still said:

"Hey you smoking Mother Nature, this is a bust..."

After 55 some years of rock concerts, weed finally ruined his night?

The amusing thing is that he sang wonderfully all night. I couldn't hear any problems - see my previous comment.

But, yes, the irony of the line you quoted is funny. 

On 5/14/2019 at 6:17 PM, ForEvermore said:

That was one of the funnier events of the evening! 😆

To be blunt, Roger was in really great voice all night. On “Love Reign O’er Me”, when he sings the title again right after the instrumental break and before the finale of the song, he hit the note on “Love...” - it was very impressive! 😎

Excellent! Wish my city had a date on this tour. This would be a show to travel for to see imo.

...and I loved the show at MSG so much that I am now seeing them tomorrow in Philly.

If it is their last tour, I want to see them in the city where I normally see most of my shows. It'll be the first time in 13 years seeing them here. I wonder if playing in a stadium will alter their stage presentation at all.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...