The Who Thread

blackdog

• 2 weeks later...

The Who are recording all of their shows for the summer 2015 tour and you've got the option to pick and download whatever concert you were at! $5 for MP3 and $10 for FLAC.

http://store.thewho.com/index.php/hits-50-tour-live-mp3.html

Thanks for sharing, Icondo, I would love to have their Jazz Fest performance. I placed my order from the link you provided, and I received an email stating that I will receive another email once my order has been 'shipped'. The price was $14.99 for FLAC and I was never asked to select a specific show. Hope I didn't order the wrong thing! I have sent an email for clarification. Can't wait to hear it!! :D

Thanks for sharing, Icondo, I would love to have their Jazz Fest performance. I placed my order from the link you provided, and I received an email stating that I will receive another email once my order has been 'shipped'. The price was $14.99 for FLAC and I was never asked to select a specific show. Hope I didn't order the wrong thing! I have sent an email for clarification. Can't wait to hear it!! :D

My pleasure! There was some confusion with other people that I've told about it, too. I would assume once they email you back, they'll ask which show you want and you'll get the correct download code. ;)

My pleasure! There was some confusion with other people that I've told about it, too. I would assume once they email you back, they'll ask which show you want and you'll get the correct download code. ;)

You are correct, Icondo. I got another email yesterday and am now enjoying the New Orleans Jazz Fest performance! So glad they made this available. The only thing that could top this would be to also have a video...and perhaps a recording of the die hard fan I stood next to who knew and sang every word to every song. He sounded pretty good!

:)

You are correct, Icondo. I got another email yesterday and am now enjoying the New Orleans Jazz Fest performance! So glad they made this available. The only thing that could top this would be to also have a video...and perhaps a recording of the die hard fan I stood next to who knew and sang every word to every song. He sounded pretty good!

:)

Awesome! How's the show sound?

Pete Townshend was honored Thursday night during the 11th annual MusicCares MAP Fund benefit concert in New York, where he received the Stevie Ray Vaughan award from fellow rock legend Bruce Springsteen. The evening was filled with musical tributes to the Who, including appearances from Joan Jett, Billy Idol and Willie Nile. Springsteen joined the band for a rousing take on "My generation," and most of the lineup united for "Won't Get Fooled Again." Other highlights included Jett's powerhouse versions of "Summertime Blues" and "I Can't Explain" and Idol's punk-inflected takes on "Who Are You" and "The Real Me."

Springsteen saluted the Who mastermind in his funny, heartfelt speech, emphasizing Townshend's influence on his own music. The rocker recalled seeing the Who open for Herman's Hermits in the late 1960's and, as a 16-year-old, emulating the band by bashing a vase of flowers after an early show. "Pete managed to take the dirty business of rock & roll and somehow make it spiritual and turn it into a quest." Springsteen said, "Pete, I'm here to say, thanks for not just Who's Next and Who Are You, but who I am."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/read-bruce-springsteens-funny-moving-tribute-to-pete-townshend-20150529

Edited by luvlz2

Awesome! How's the show sound?

I've only had a chance to listen to a couple of songs (currently the files are only on my computer and I haven't been home much), but so far they sound terrific! I ordered the FLAC files to get the best quality and now need to make room on my phone to load them. Most importantly, listening to this brings me right back to great memories of that evening, my first time to see The Who. As is typical for Jazz Fest, it had been raining very hard (think they had to stop a few of the shows), and when The Who started to play, the rain stopped and the sun even peeked through a little. The crowd was very friendly and the band was enthusiastic. There is just something special about an outdoor setting for a concert! :)

Thanks again for posting about the shows being available for purchase, I wouldn't have thought to look!

I've only had a chance to listen to a couple of songs (currently the files are only on my computer and I haven't been home much), but so far they sound terrific! I ordered the FLAC files to get the best quality and now need to make room on my phone to load them. Most importantly, listening to this brings me right back to great memories of that evening, my first time to see The Who. As is typical for Jazz Fest, it had been raining very hard (think they had to stop a few of the shows), and when The Who started to play, the rain stopped and the sun even peeked through a little. The crowd was very friendly and the band was enthusiastic. There is just something special about an outdoor setting for a concert! :)

Thanks again for posting about the shows being available for purchase, I wouldn't have thought to look!

That's cool! I'm (hopefully) going to see them this fall, so let's hope that they'll have the same recording setup.

My pleasure, I'm glad I helped! :)

^^^ My hubby wasn't a fan, either, until he saw them play live. Funny how that live performance can make such a difference. Sath, if you have seen them live and are still not a fan, then I guess there's no hope for you. :P

Have fun, Icondo. Hope you see a fantastic show!

Never understood the hype with this band, seems like one of those bands your're 'supposed' to like if you listen to 'Classic Rock'. (Yes, I've heard all their "classic" albums, meh)

Off to hide from the ensuing onslaught... :run::hidinginwall:

They are, in way, "that band." They're not on my every day rotation, and some of their deep cuts I can't really get into, but a lot of their stuff is still really good.

Nowhere near as interesting as LZ, but still a damn tight live band :elvis2:

^^^ My hubby wasn't a fan, either, until he saw them play live. Funny how that live performance can make such a difference. Sath, if you have seen them live and are still not a fan, then I guess there's no hope for you. :P

Yep, after I saw them in '89 at Tampa Stadium from the 4th row I was forever a fan!

Yea yea, I've seen more than enough live footage. :bubble:;)

Edited by Sathington Willoughby