JIMMY PAGE & ROBERT PLANT

SteveAJones

1995_10_13PagePlantWilliamJMielenz.jpg

Jimmy Page & Robert Plant

United Center / Chicago, IL

October 13th 1995

Photo Credit: William J. Mielenz

Courtesy of Steve A. Jones Archive

It was a good tour. Page struggled through the Vancouver gig. I mean 99.9% of the people at the show probably didn't notice... but I did, and so would anyone who had seen him perform well in the past. 98 was a totally different performance from him. Maybe close to as good as I've seen him play.

It was a good tour. Page struggled through the Vancouver gig. I mean 99.9% of the people at the show probably didn't notice... but I did, and so would anyone who had seen him perform well in the past. 98 was a totally different performance from him. Maybe close to as good as I've seen him play.

I've got the Vancouver gig on dvd. I'll have to revisit that one to see what you mean.

It got favorable press reviews, for whatever that's worth.

I think '98 featured his best live performance playing since 1975. As the '95 tour got

going in February he heated up and was firing on all cylinders by June, but in '98 he

was on fire from the get go. Performing in all those countries they'd never played to

before must have been exhilerating. What a way to get a tour started. It's a shame

Robert stiffed him in the end. I thought the Japanese leg in '95 was phenomenal and

we can only imagine how it would have been the second time around.

I've got the Vancouver gig on dvd. I'll have to revisit that one to see what you mean.

It got favorable press reviews, for whatever that's worth.

I think '98 featured his best live performance playing since 1975. As the '95 tour got

going in February he heated up and was firing on all cylinders by June, but in '98 he

was on fire from the get go. Performing in all those countries they'd never played to

before must have been exhilerating. What a way to get a tour started. It's a shame

Robert stiffed him in the end. I thought the Japanese leg in '95 was phenomenal and

we can only imagine how it would have been the second time around.

Yeah, it was a good show. I just noticed some things because I love Jimmy Page and not having seen him live since 75, I was probably... rooting for him too much...98 however Vancouver was the opener for the second leg of the NA tour... Steve ... I'll tell you ..If you can get your hands on that show.. F... me was he ever on that night. I took my two son's , my niece and nefew to that show... They finally understood what ...this LOSER had been talking about.

• 12 years later...

Archived