Pages greatest riff

Again, there seems to be some confusion regarding what a riff is. Think of the beginning of Heartbreaker, that classic guitar intro. That's a riff. The unaccompanied section in the middle, that's the solo. The Stairway To Heaven solo is magical no doubt, but by definition it's not a riff. Greatest solo ever, yes.

Thank you for that explanation, and clarification. I've been confused about that term for sometime now, as it seems to erroneously defined in some places as a riff.

That being said I would say Heartbreaker. If a riff evokes an emotional response than I would go with that song.

But, there are so many.....

The Black Dog riff is the work of John Paul Jones, and he claims to have written it on the train on the way home from a rehearsal at Page's house.

RB

That's pretty cool, I never would have thought that. I'm a little young to have seen any live concerts but the way jimmy kind of slows it down a bit on the dvd version really makes it sound so damn funky, it gives me shivers everytime I listen to it.

JPJ wrote black dog. Gaahhhh this is impossible how can you pick just one??? Kashmirs a good recognisable one, but then theres immigrant song and communication breackdown and such ooohhh nooo too many! Bah I'm bored. Does anyone have msn so I can have someone to talk to who likes LZ? Go ooon give your contact details to a stranger over the internet harhar :D

For me, WLL is not just the best riff Page ever wrote, it's just the best riff in rock music.

I prefer Kashmir as a song, but only just...both of these would be in my top five Zeppelin songlist.

led zeppelin i: how many more times

led zeppelin ii: whole lotta love (duh)

led zeppelin iii: out on the tiles (highly under-rated song)

fourth album: black dog

houses of the holy: the ocean (classic)

physical graffiti: the rover

presence: achilles last stand

in through the out door: carouselramba (when they change it up a few minutes in)

coda: were gonna groove (so live and so simple, yet so good)

if it were solos tho, i dont think id pick any of the same songs (nevermind, black dog is the best solo on that album too)

Archived