Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Aleister

When was this recorded?

I came across a live version of 'babe, im gonna leave you' recently and i was wondering if anyone could help me with a date recorded.

It comes in at a little over nine minutes long and robert sounds like he's aged a bit, sounds fairly recent like within the past decade and the lead guitar does not sound page. The middle of the song is really strange and the song finishes with the ending to stairway.

Plant sounds really good on it.

Anyone know anymore info?

Er, that's a bit of a challenge without hearing it. Robert sang the song a lot on his 02 and 05-07 tours with Strange Sensation.

I came across a live version of 'babe, im gonna leave you' recently and i was wondering if anyone could help me with a date recorded.

It comes in at a little over nine minutes long and robert sounds like he's aged a bit, sounds fairly recent like within the past decade and the lead guitar does not sound page. The middle of the song is really strange and the song finishes with the ending to stairway.

Plant sounds really good on it.

Anyone know anymore info?

I'm pretty sure it's from the Page/Plant tours in 1995/1996 or in 1998. Cause Page played the STH bit ending on that song.

Version of it from Budokan 1996.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GotW0WPBUb0

The version I found is 9:12 in length and has no string section but after watching that clip i'm starting to think it was with jimmy after all.

Near the end of the song plant starts singing "she wants it, she needs it...i'm coming back home to you"

The version I found is 9:12 in length and has no string section but after watching that clip i'm starting to think it was with jimmy after all.

Near the end of the song plant starts singing "she wants it, she needs it...i'm coming back home to you"

I don't know the exact date. But since you mention there wasn't a string section, then it's from the 1998 tour. Maybe someone else can be of more help.

It might be from the 1992 or 1993 Cropredy Festivals, where Plant performed Zepsets with Fairport Convention backing him. I believe the earliest example of BIGLY-with-a-Stairway-tease is from one of these shows.

It's from that one show. You know, the one at that basketball arena.

Really, could be any time from the second leg of the '95 tour onward. They played it in Detroit when I saw them in Oct. 95 and Babe sounded fantastic.