Robert Plant thinks the concert is going to be dreadful?

You got me there babe. I'm just a worried old hag worrying about the little munchkins.

I just hope Page takes his Glucosamine tabs & Vicodin, and Plant gargle some ginger tea. I hope they got some back-up guitarists too in case Page's injury comes back.

I'm guessing you should just go about your life, just as Mr. Page is doing....he's a big boy and has done this a few thousand times before.

You're welcome, Aqua.

I guess I'm not going to get an apology from James, but that's fine. I'm used to it. :'( ;)

I didn't think that I had said anything to you that had required an apology. I do want to get along and don't want you to be mad at me Eskimoblueday. I will happily apologize to you. I know that while my posts were a bit sarcastic, I meant no disrespect. I don't think that we are far from actually agreeing about most of the points on this thread.

You and Aqua are great fans and have my respect!

Peace, James

I didn't think that I had said anything to you that had required an apology. I do want to get along and don't want you to be mad at me Eskimoblueday. I will happily apologize to you. I know that while my posts were a bit sarcastic, I meant no disrespect. I don't think that we are far from actually agreeing about most of the points on this thread.

You and Aqua are great fans and have my respect!

Peace, James

It's cool. Thanks. I did feel kind of "snapped at" by your post, and I am the sensitive type ;) , but it's no big deal. It's over. Fuggedaboutit. :D

It's cool. Thanks. I did feel kind of "snapped at" by your post, and I am the sensitive type ;) , but it's no big deal. It's over. Fuggedaboutit. :D

Thanks for the reply, I'll be gentler and kinder in the future!

This is a really cool forum, full of people who love Led Zeppelin as much or more than I do!! Great to be a part of it!

J

Leddy,

They are dropping the pitch of the instruments, not changing the keys.

I can't help but think that there are going to be a lot of disappointed people when they get to hear this gig. From what I read, there are too many expecting a trip back to the 1970's. Cream received a fair amount of criticism for their concerts three years ago: Clapton not using Gibsons/Marshall stacks, and the fact that they didn't play like men in their twenties any more. As has been posted above by the wiser contributers, people change; often for the better. You can't expect people to be the same as they were 35 years ago. I always tell those who complain: go and look in the mirror. What were you like in 1972? Quite.

RB

I did hear on a serious note that they are playing some some songs in a different key ? I think anyway !! But I agree with what some say and that he sings much better now days !! Although on LZ I his vocals are just incredible !

He was nineteen then - and he smoked for decades. Of course his voice will have changed. It was changing all through the Zep years anyway.

Archived