why do you like led zep?

designerfan

hi everyone, im a new member and and as a reasonably new fan of led zep i was wondering if anyone would mind giving me a few of their thoughts on the band for a little project i am working on.

im a student studying graphic design and am workin on a fanzine as a small assignment and am looking for some quotes from fans to use explaining what the band and their songs mean to them and how they think led zep has influenced todays music scene.

its just a small asignment but if anyone could write a few words i would really appreciate it, and if the fanzine is any good, i would be happy to send them to people if they are interested. thanks for reading. DF

Well, I personally had heard so much about them, and had a few songs, Stairway, Kashmir and a couple more, I finally decided to buy an album, I was lucky and Mothership had just come out. I bought it and I was blown away!! The music just got to me, things like Babe, I'm Gonna Leave You and Black Dog just shocked me, it was beautiful. After buying a few more "normal" albums, I realised that they also had a sensetive side, with things like, Thank You, That's The Way, All My Love etc.

I love it.

Hope i could help.

I have loved Led Zeppelin, since I was 16 years old, I saw them live in 1973, I was sitting in a pub somewhere back then at 16 you should not be, with a boyfriend, and Good Times, Bad Times came on, since then,and remembering what they were like, I have always loved them, Their music is inspirational, and their music has always been a wonderful part of my life, through the good times, and the bad times.

Side one of Led Zeppelin IV. Listen to this as a teenager or any ager, and you are hooked for life if you have any taste. Add Whole Lotta Love to Black Dog, Rock n Roll and Stairway and there is no turning back. These are the songs that get you hooked on Zeppelin and after that everything else falls into place. All of their music is just incredible. They are true musicians! They are in a league of their own. After them you have Beatles, Stones, Who, Floyd, etc. But nobody can touch Led Zeppelin! Plant's voice is so uniue-his range is unequaled. Jimmy Page is the greatest guitarist to ever walk the planet. Bonzo is the best drummer there ever was or ever will be. Just listen to how precision perfect his drumming is-not only his timing, but his feeling and his improvisation. How these 4 guys ever came together is truly an act of God above.

First of all they are all excellent musicians, I love specially Jimmy Page guitar solos.

They are also very creative and sometimes they explore marvellously well other musical rhythms in their musics.

Besides more the music is hard but it is not depressive and don't put us down, bored with the life.

And the more I know and appreciate the music the more I try to know and to appreciate the musicians.

I think I talked about this in another topic but welll...

I love Led Zeppelin since i was a child (very young 4 i think) don't ask me why cause i don't remember. My father used to put Is Led Zeppelin audio tapes in the car and at the house, and when he didn't i would ask him to put them. Them I think the taste grew up with me, and now 15 years later they're are still my favourite band of all time .

Led Zeppelin and The Beatles where the first bands I listened to as a child; this was perhaps in second or third grade, roughly 1993/1994. Since then I was hooked on music for life and my path as a music enthusiast, who would explore various genres over time, was predetermined. Because I have listened to these favourite Bands through the years, different stages of life and different states of mind and perception, precious memories and emotions became closely associated with certain songs/albums. Listening to these timeless pieces of music becomes a journey back in time and triggers feelings of longing and nostalgia (revisiting "Good Times, Bad Times"). For me, music therefore has a function of a diary and spiritual mirror.

What I love specifically about Led Zeppelin is their heavy psychedelic guitar sound, which is absolutely unmistakable, Plant's remarkably powerful and versatile voice, and the four sympathetic characters behind the band. Just like the four Beatles, I am not just a friend of their music, but a friend of the guys behind it. Line-up stability is an important factor to me, as a sympathy bonus. Infact another of my all time favourite bands has been comprised of the same four guys from the beginning.

My favourite Led Zeppelin song is Ten Years Gone.

I've not been a Led Zeppelin fan long, but in a short time, they've become my favorite rock band. I like Led Zep for several reasons.

First, I like more than a few of their songs, which is rare (for me)--I rarely like more than a couple of a band's songs. "Bron Yr Aur Stomp," "Black Dog," "Going to California," "Immigrant Song," "Kashmir," and "Stairway to Heaven" are my favorites, and I like several others.

Second, they have colorful--and gifted--musicians. Jimmy Page, probably the most famous member of the band, is a guitar genius. He also had a wild side (like Plant).

Finally, Robert Plant is the main reason I like Led Zeppelin. His voice is AMAZING. He has the Rock God swagger, but his on-stage mannerisms--not common for a heterosexual man--are cool as hell! I also dig Plant's mystical lyrics (that's one of the reasons Stevie Nicks is also a favorite).

hi everyone, im a new member and and as a reasonably new fan of led zep i was wondering if anyone would mind giving me a few of their thoughts on the band for a little project i am working on.

im a student studying graphic design and am workin on a fanzine as a small assignment and am looking for some quotes from fans to use explaining what the band and their songs mean to them and how they think led zep has influenced todays music scene.

its just a small asignment but if anyone could write a few words i would really appreciate it, and if the fanzine is any good, i would be happy to send them to people if they are interested. thanks for reading. DF

I have been a Zeppelin fan, probably about 20 or so years. I wish I could have been there in the 70s though, cause I would have been there at their shows and the whole enchileda. I would have been there.

Their music pulled me in and I have been a fan ever since. I just thank God for radio. I think they are all brilliant, creative, intelligent, incredible musicians. They are just so brilliant. I love the variety of their music. To me, none of the albums sound the same, and that is just so incredible. Robert's vocals though did get better and just overall I think they got more creative. But I think every album is its own story. I love the heavy drive of their music, the bluesy (I love the blues) beginnings. Robert has a lot of soul. I love their later stuff, I love their softer side. And I love their acoustics. I am an acoustic fan. Every album is just so excellent.

Oh, a little off the subject, but it is so cute. My best friend's 6-year-old daughter is being introduced to LZ. I played some songs, she especially loves Immigrant song. She was running and dancing around and singing it. And she wanted to keep playing their music. I love it! It's the next generation...... LOL

Archived