Gift for Jimmy

PageAngel

PageAngel, it is a very impressive gift to give to someone like Jimmy Page! It would be nice if you could be the one to hand it to him. You are the one who put all the work into this project. Good luck and keep us informed.

Thanks. It makes me so happy people like it. I did have doubts about it because handing something over to Mr Amazing in Every Way is daunting to say the least, but Terry made it lovely.

Absolutely no way will I give this to Jimmy myself. I wouldn't do it if it was offered. Having to deal with a fan he doesn't know or having to rearrange his busy schedule wouldn't be much of a gift for him, that would be a gift for me, and this isn't about me. It's a thanks to him and I don't want it to be anything else.

Thanks. It makes me so happy people like it. I did have doubts about it because handing something over to Mr Amazing in Every Way is daunting to say the least, but Terry made it lovely.

Absolutely no way will I give this to Jimmy myself. I wouldn't do it if it was offered. Having to deal with a fan he doesn't know or having to rearrange his busy schedule wouldn't be much of a gift for him, that would be a gift for me, and this isn't about me. It's a thanks to him and I don't want it to be anything else.

That's so lovely and makes what you did even more special.

I'm so sorry, but it's all finished now. I will keep you all informed I promise.

But seriously what I did is not so amazing. It's just a thanks. Jimmy's music means a lot to me and helped me through hell when I was growing up. HE is the amazing one. To be able to communicate so much to people through music and make them happy is truly a fantastic gift. He gave me and so many others a song when we didn't have our own, and I'm really very grateful to him.

Bless you PageAngel. That's a beautiful thing you wrote, and a beautiful thing you did. Can't wait to hear how he responds! (Well, as much as you feel comfortable sharing.)

PageAngel, what an absolutely lovely thing to do. I'm sure he will be very touched.

Please put together a volume II for the rest of us to contribute!

OMG, YES!!! I would love to contribute!!

I'm not sure another one of these would work. It is something that is hard to top, or even equal, and I definitely have to wait for my bank balance to recover! ;)

But I do have a few ideas that may work when we hit another milestone in Jimmy Page Wonderfulness. I shouldn't have to wait long for that... :D

I do too! I didn't get much response from threads. I had to search out Jimmy's fans and make contact with them directly by email or find them in the streets (lots of folks advertise with tshirts!) or record shops to get the messages. For some reason threads yielded up mostly sarcasm. I'd say of the several thousand I received, only around 200 or so came from someone reading about it in a thread. I guess it is hard to take people seriously sometimes on message boards, but I was serious. :D It was only towards the end of the deadline I suddenly got flooded with messages, and by then I had way too many to include them all.

Terry Buckley is an amazing bookbinder. The Chairman of Coke is a fan of his work and sends him gifts every year as a thanks for the work he does for him. I was so lucky when I found him and he agreed to do the book. He worked on it with a lot of dedication and was even doing work on it Christmas day. I photographed the whole process of making it, and included those pics in the back of the book so Jimmy can have them. It's a fun process to watch. We had quite an adventure putting it together over the months - he let me do some of the work myself. :)

Wow that is absolutely encredible. What a big project for someone to pull off. I think it would be fastenating to see how the book was printed and bound as that's going to be my area of expertise when I'm done with university. I have made some of my own books before but none of them turned out that well- I just used perfect binding and the glue adhesive holding it together broke.

Oh, its good to hear from you PageAngel! I remember when I sent you my message, I made a grammatical error :rolleyes: . I wasn't a part of any LZ forum at the time but I still found out somehow.

You've done a wonderful job. I'm glad that when you decided to this, you did it properly :D . It is such a thoughtful and generous gesture.

Looking back at my message, I've thought of about a thousand better things I could of said, but it doesn't matter now. Shame my e-mail broke down, I'll guess I'll never know if it got in or not :rolleyes: .

Thanks again PageAngel.

I don't remember if I got a message back either, so don't feel bad. :console: Mine probably didn't make it any way.

I'm not sure another one of these would work. It is something that is hard to top, or even equal, and I definitely have to wait for my bank balance to recover! ;)

But I do have a few ideas that may work when we hit another milestone in Jimmy Page Wonderfulness. I shouldn't have to wait long for that... :D

I know what you mean, I thought of that too. What could possibly top this?? It's just that I am so disappointed to not have been a part of it... I just didn't know about it at the time. I would love to have been able to express my feelings about the musical genius of Jimmy and thank him for all he has given us as fans. There is no one quite like him and I doubt there will ever be. I would love to be involved with any future projects like this. Thanks for putting it together.. hopefully, somehow he will realize that there are so many other fans who feel the same way as those who contributed to the book.

LadyRaven, you sent a poem I think? And then I asked how you became a fan, and I added what you said in response under the poem. I think that was you.

Typically if you didn't get a reply from me then I was unable to use your message because I ran out of room, but if your email was broken down you may have missed my reply. If you remember how you signed your message or anything you said I might remember it. I had to read them lots of times while I was formatting the document so I usually remember a specific line or two from quite a number of messages - for now! I am sure my memory will start to fade because there were over 600 messages in the book.

Don't be concerned about grammar or other errors. The errors gave them a lovely personality. I didn't change any of them, I printed them exactly as they were sent. I had a guy from Slovakia I think who wrote, "Thank you Jimmy for all your wonderful composting." LOL...it's so sweet and if I had changed it, it would have lost it's heart. They were lovely as they were, errors and all. It made the book feel alive. It does have a definite presence this book.

I also took pictures of the whole process of putting the book together and included them in the book so it is a complete historical document. Terry let me do some things for the book - I sewed in the last few pages, I drew the dragon for the cover...I helped here and there. The book was made to a medieval spec, and everything on it was hand crafted. I enjoyed watching the process a lot.

LadyRaven, you sent a poem I think? And then I asked how you became a fan, and I added what you said in response under the poem. I think that was you.

Typically if you didn't get a reply from me then I was unable to use your message because I ran out of room, but if your email was broken down you may have missed my reply. If you remember how you signed your message or anything you said I might remember it. I had to read them lots of times while I was formatting the document so I usually remember a specific line or two from quite a number of messages - for now! I am sure my memory will start to fade because there were over 600 messages in the book.

Don't be concerned about grammar or other errors. The errors gave them a lovely personality. I didn't change any of them, I printed them exactly as they were sent. I had a guy from Slovakia I think who wrote, "Thank you Jimmy for all your wonderful composting." LOL...it's so sweet and if I had changed it, it would have lost it's heart. They were lovely as they were, errors and all. It made the book feel alive. It does have a definite presence this book.

I also took pictures of the whole process of putting the book together and included them in the book so it is a complete historical document. Terry let me do some things for the book - I sewed in the last few pages, I drew the dragon for the cover...I helped here and there. The book was made to a medieval spec, and everything on it was hand crafted. I enjoyed watching the process a lot.

Okay, wow you have a good memory. The more I seem to learn in school the worse my memory seems to become. :wacko: It doesn't make sence.

PageAngel, so did my contribution make the first Page? Haha! I'm kidding of course! Just glad to be a contributor! I do wish I could see some pics of the book and/or the presentation. Yes or no, it's a wonderful thing you've done, and I'm thrilled to have been, in my own small capacity, a part of it.

Unless you left me on the cutting room floor!! Haha! Just kidding! Glad you got it done! I know it was at great expense, and I'm sooo glad it got done! Cheers my dear! Ev

If anyone who sent in a message wants to know if it is in the book, you have to remind me at least how you signed it. I don't remember anything signed songbird. Is that how you signed your message?

Now Evster, you I definitely remember because you signed your message Evster. You're on page 3, at the top if I remember rightly. I posted a link to pics - did you not see them?

Go here: http://www.bookarts.co.uk/examples.htm That's the book binder's website.

If anyone who sent in a message wants to know if it is in the book, you have to remind me at least how you signed it. I don't remember anything signed songbird. Is that how you signed your message?

Now Evster, you I definitely remember because you signed your message Evster. You're on page 3, at the top if I remember rightly. I posted a link to pics - did you not see them?

Go here: http://www.bookarts.co.uk/examples.htm That's the book binder's website.

No, my name was LivingLovingMaid on the other site, but I probably signed the message "Nicole." I can't even remotely remember what I wrote though!! :blink:

Nicole - oh yes, you're in. From Toronto...I remember. I don't know what you wrote either, but your message came in the same day as I was making a count of the countries and I noticed another one from Canada. Canada is well represented in the book. :)

Archived