Gift for Jimmy

PageAngel

I can't wait to hear either Lady Raven - I asked if the person giving it to him would please just let me know if he liked it. I had to show him a few things that Jimmy will need to know about handling it, so he will have to spend a few minutes chatting about it to show him. Oh I am just hoping for that smile!! Please God just one!!!

Oh dear though...Archmagician, if he shows up I am afraid you will never hear about it because after he leaves I will just quietly pass away.... :blink:

People who got to see the book did like it. I met a couple of friends in London before I turned it over so they could see it, and they really liked it. I miss it now. It was whole year in the making so it feels like a big part of me is gone. Mostly I miss finding and chatting to his fans. Gosh what super, super people. Jimmy fans are really special and I loved corresponding with them.

Thanks myledzep - it didn't feel much like work putting it together. It was too much fun to be like work! Gee, do you think anyone would pay me to chat to Jimmy fans for a living? I'm really good at it! :lol:

So the Book is one step closer to him. OH my, Oh my word!! You've really gone and done it PageAngel!! :D No going back now.......I wonder just what it will unleash!! :D:D H e is just gonna LOVE IT and your devotion will be there for him to see in its all its glory

I keep checking the thread too and will continue to do so now that I know the book is on its way to Jimmy! I am so excited to hear his reaction and I didn't even know about the book before! Not to take a thing away from any of the messages that made the book, but in a way, I'm hoping that somehow they will be representative of all his fans, even those who didn't get to submit a message to him. PageAngel, I hate to keep repeating myself, but this really is such an incredible thing to do. There is NO doubt in my mind that he will be speechless and will treasure this gift forever.

There's probably no need to check the thread now for a while. The book won't be with him until the end of February, so it's a few weeks to wait. When he picks it up I have asked the person giving it to him to let me know if he seemed to like it. As soon as I hear I will tell you all what his impressions were.

You can trust me that the messages are representative of everyone. I made sure they were because I knew so many would want to say something to Jimmy if they could and wouldn't get the chance so I covered all ages (youngest 5 oldest 80!), all countries I could, (every region in the world is represented), we have teens, families (I had a whole family of fans write in who all loved him - mom dad and son), college kids, musicians, and even artists who sent in pictures they drew instead of a message. I also got 3 people to write in what it was like for them to be at the 02 show, and one from a fan who missed out as to how it felt to watch it all unfold in the news and not be there. I tried to cover everything because when you make a document like this, it's much better if it has lots of variety. It was an easy task because I really admire Jimmy and enjoy his fans - I loved hearing how excited they were talking about how he affected them because he affected me too. It's just a 'Thanks Jimmy we love you' from ordinary folks. It's the kind of thing people tend to do after a person is gone, but it's better to tell them now how much you appreciate them. I think it is one of the most important things you can do for someone, to show them that they have made a difference. And wow, did Jimmy make a difference in the world. He is very loved. :yay:

I can't wait to hear what he says too. I have been checking regualarly. You must update us whenever you can. I hope he also likes my two pictures I did of him and the other special things I e-mailed to you for the book.

Sorry but I didn't take photos of the inside because people didn't want their messages on the web in public. I'll describe the inside for you...

As you open the book, the inside is black suede, and Jimmy's symbol is embossed black on black on the left lower corner. The first page is suede too, and then the dedication is printed on vellum mounted on the background page. The dedication says:

To Jimmy Page, the creator of music and dreams

Jimmy, you have made countless millions of people around the world so happy with all the music you created. This book contains the thoughts, the memories, and the thanks from some of those people. We are grateful you shared yourself with us, and appreciate the personal cost involved in that process. Fame must make your life hard in so many ways, but we hope the love of your fans will be some compensation for the toll that being as famous as you are must take on your life.

May all your days be filled with happiness, and whenever those days come that are not, think about us, and smile, because you make a difference.

Happy birthday from all of us.

9 January 2008

Then the messages start, and they are printed in the font they came in on ivory goatskin paper. So you have different fonts on each page. The paper is A3 size and mounted on snow white 50% cotton paper. The edges of the white paper were left rough, but since the paper has such a high cotton content, it feels really soft. The messages from the children under 12, as well as my message, are printed on a different style goatskin paper that has a leather grain texture and is slightly darker. The artwork made it into the book after all, so it is at the back, and then the photos of the book being made fill the rest of the pages. It has it's own box to keep it in, which has Jimmy's symbol in gold on the lower right and the inside of the box is suede too, again with his symbol embossed on the inside of the box.

So that's how it looks. Harlequin has seen it, so you can ask him what the messages were like. They are just like what you would expect a book to be really. Pics of the outside are on Terry's website: bookarts.co.uk

So I'm not on page one?? Again kidding! :lol:

I truly wish I could make it across the pond for the presentation. I consider myself blessed by good friends just for having been invited. Wish I could be there with you my friends! :beer:

Well done, PA! WELL DONE!!! You made it happen. You and everyone that helped. Good on yer, as they say! I hope to talk to you soon! Ask Harlequin, he's got my number. ;)

There's probably no need to check the thread now for a while. The book won't be with him until the end of February, so it's a few weeks to wait. When he picks it up I have asked the person giving it to him to let me know if he seemed to like it. As soon as I hear I will tell you all what his impressions were.

You can trust me that the messages are representative of everyone. I made sure they were because I knew so many would want to say something to Jimmy if they could and wouldn't get the chance so I covered all ages (youngest 5 oldest 80!), all countries I could, (every region in the world is represented), we have teens, families (I had a whole family of fans write in who all loved him - mom dad and son), college kids, musicians, and even artists who sent in pictures they drew instead of a message. I also got 3 people to write in what it was like for them to be at the 02 show, and one from a fan who missed out as to how it felt to watch it all unfold in the news and not be there. I tried to cover everything because when you make a document like this, it's much better if it has lots of variety. It was an easy task because I really admire Jimmy and enjoy his fans - I loved hearing how excited they were talking about how he affected them because he affected me too. It's just a 'Thanks Jimmy we love you' from ordinary folks. It's the kind of thing people tend to do after a person is gone, but it's better to tell them now how much you appreciate them. I think it is one of the most important things you can do for someone, to show them that they have made a difference. And wow, did Jimmy make a difference in the world. He is very loved. :yay:

PageAngel, you really are a Page Angel! I actually had no doubt that the book, thanks to you, was representative of all Jimmy's fans... I was just thinking that I hope he realizes it!! :) It can't be said enough... thank you for all your effort and hard work! :notworthy::thanku:

Thanks so much, you're all very kind...but don't be saying Jimmy is lucky to have me as a fan...no no no...There are plenty of amazing fans out there, I'm just one of millions. I'm the lucky one - to have his beautiful playing to listen to and be inspired by is beyond words wonderful! It's been the one constant joy in my life since I was a little girl and has made me hugely, hugely happy.

The book was dropped off in London today with the person who will be giving it to him. As I understand it, he should have it in a few week's time. I will let everyone know as soon as I hear anything. Let's all keep our fingers crossed that he likes it.

I'm so excited! Can't wait til he gets it!

So I'm not on page one?? Again kidding! :lol:

I truly wish I could make it across the pond for the presentation. I consider myself blessed by good friends just for having been invited. Wish I could be there with you my friends! :beer:

Well done, PA! WELL DONE!!! You made it happen. You and everyone that helped. Good on yer, as they say! I hope to talk to you soon! Ask Harlequin, he's got my number. ;)

Sorry Ev, as amazing as your message is, I figured I better put the dedication on page one. ^_^

I won't be at the presentation either, so if you fly over we'll have to gate crash I guess! I will call - we have things to chat about. Email me your number - harlequin is sometimes not around on the weekends.

And thanks again to everyone that keeps saying such nice things about my little gift for Jimmy. You all have made me feel much more confident about it after all the fretting I have done over the past year with one detail or another, or things going wrong, and last minute disasters... You all are really sweet. :wave:

Hi Virginia! I'm glad you like the book and like you, I can't wait to hear about his reaction to it. either. We just have to wait until he's done globe trotting in the next few weeks...gosh it's nerve wracking all this waiting! :blink: I decided to drop off the book earlier than I would have because I have builders in my house and they are making such a mess with dust, and trooping around everywhere, and I was worried about the book, so I felt it would be safer in a place that wasn't a building site!

What a lovely book and a loving gesture.

Of course Jimmy will love it, who wouldn't be happy to have such a gift.

He is just a man after all.

I know you must be very excited knowing he will receive it soon.

Years ago a handful of Robert fans started a similar project. I have to say that

it didn't turn out quite as well as your project did. It is difficult to take on such

a project. I give you alot of credit for even finishing it.

A few of you here may remember.

Blessings to you my dear. I know Jimmy will be humbled and honored to know how

much he is appreciated and loved.

Zeppland thank you. You know, someone mentioned the book for Robert to me last year when I first started to make contacts with fans, but they didn't know the outcome. Did you complete it? I'd love to know all about it. It was such an experience doing this book for Jimmy, and I'd love to know your experience of doing one for Robert. Yeah it is a difficult project to take on to say the least! I am fortunate because I only work 2 days a week and I was able to completely fling myself into this and work on it like a full time job. I think if I had not been able to do that it would have taken me a lot longer to finish, if at all. It really required that much attention.

LOL....I hear ya that Jimmy is just a man, but heavens above...he's quite an extraordinary one! :cheer:

It's a brilliant idea. It would be nice to do the same or something like that but with messages from the people to Bonzo, and give it to his family, to Jason, or his wife. It could be a good way to be grateful with him for all the music and the rock and roll he gave to us. and at last, a big message from Jason.

That would be great. I think we all are in debt with bonzo. he gave us all. :'(

Wow...it certainly was a big surprise for me when I got here and everything was totally different! Since the old thread is gone, here is what it was about...

Last year I commissioned a book for Jimmy and asked fans to contribute a message to it. It is now finished, and it was a big success. I included about 600 messages from 42 countries around the world. I actually received many many more than that, but 600 was all I could fit. People answered different questions for me, so the book is not a boring read with everyone saying the same thing. It really is very entertaining!

The book was built to last for at least 500 years with all the craftsmanship and quality that went into making it. It also contains hidden messages that will be found when it needs repair in a few hundred year's time, and other fun things that are built into the book. I didn't want it to be dull, so dull it isn't!

The book is on the book binder's website - this man has made books for the Queen and Prince Charles, so that should give you an idea of what it is like. If you would like to see pics, you can go here: http://www.bookarts.co.uk/examples.htm

Thanks so much to everyone here who sent a message. :D

AMAZING and beautiful craftsmenship!! :thumbsup:

To Jimmy Page, the creator of music and dreams

Jimmy, you have made countless millions of people around the world so happy with all the music you created. This book contains the thoughts, the memories, and the thanks from some of those people. We are grateful you shared yourself with us, and appreciate the personal cost involved in that process. Fame must make your life hard in so many ways, but we hope the love of your fans will be some compensation for the toll that being as famous as you are must take on your life.

May all your days be filled with happiness, and whenever those days come that are not, think about us, and smile, because you make a difference.

AW!! That was so sweet ..... :D This will be such an awesome gift for him!

Thank you so much you all. It would be nice to make one of these for Bonzo's family...gosh it breaks my heart he's gone....

Anyway - I'm really glad my dedication sounds alright to you shambolic. It drove me nuts for months trying to formulate it. What on earth do you say to JIMMY PAGE on behalf of all his fans?? Well that was my best attempt.... :blush:

How could he NOT like it? It sounds and looks really amazing. :) I'm sure he'll be absolutely thrilled and surprised that someone went to the trouble to do something like that for him.

Anyway, I remember the initial thread about sending messages for the book, and I think I meant to send you one after I took the time to actually write something to him, but then I got busy and forgot all about it and the deadline!! :o :'( Now I'm kicking myself of course.

Oh well, it's still a beautiful thing for him to have, even if my message isn't in there. ^_^

Tom, if I replied thanking you for your message it should be in there. I had a few from NZ, so I don't know if I will remember what you said unless it was something very out of the ordinary, or something happened that made me remember it on the day I got it. Sometimes they stick in my mind.

How could he NOT like it? It sounds and looks really amazing. :) I'm sure he'll be absolutely thrilled and surprised that someone went to the trouble to do something like that for him.

Anyway, I remember the initial thread about sending messages for the book, and I think I meant to send you one after I took the time to actually write something to him, but then I got busy and forgot all about it and the deadline!! :o :'( Now I'm kicking myself of course.

Oh well, it's still a beautiful thing for him to have, even if my message isn't in there. ^_^

Oh I wish you had sent your message the ocean, and thanks for saying you think Jimmy will like it. I appreciate every person who takes the time to tell me what they think. I am sure he'll like the messages everyone sent, it's only my bits I get the jitters over.... :unsure:

Archived