Gift for Jimmy

PageAngel

Thank you so much you all. It would be nice to make one of these for Bonzo's family...gosh it breaks my heart he's gone....

Anyway - I'm really glad my dedication sounds alright to you shambolic. It drove me nuts for months trying to formulate it. What on earth do you say to JIMMY PAGE on behalf of all his fans?? Well that was my best attempt.... :blush:

A fantastic result from your attempt, I'd say. Simple and true.

As for Bonzo, in the church next to his memorial there's a guest book, and people have come from all over the world to write their thanks to him and their best wishes to his family. There are volumes and volumes full, and to read the messages is so moving - there is lots of love there.

Now all we need to do is a book for John Paul! :)

Fantastic idea, and fantastic project. The results are stunning. I am sure he will love it. :thumbsup:

Thanks for taking time to tell me, it really means a lot to me to know people like it. :wave: Apparently it has been described by someone on another forum as a "beautifully polished turd." Ouch! Oh well, can't win 'em all... :D

Thanks for taking time to tell me, it really means a lot to me to know people like it. :wave:Apparently it has been described by someone on another forum as a "beautifully polished turd." Ouch! Oh well, can't win 'em all... :D

Whhaaat? Why would they say that? :huh:

Whhaaat? Why would they say that? :huh:

Well not everyone is going to think this is a good idea, I understand that. Some people find it stupid, or embarrassing, or whatever. To each their own...but hey, at least they said it was 'beautifully polished' so that's something! :lol:

Thanks for taking time to tell me, it really means a lot to me to know people like it. :wave: Apparently it has been described by someone on another forum as a "beautifully polished turd." Ouch! Oh well, can't win 'em all... :D

Maybe they're jealous? I think it's beautiful. He'll love it!

Well not everyone is going to think this is a good idea, I understand that. Some people find it stupid, or embarrassing, or whatever. To each their own...but hey, at least they said it was 'beautifully polished' so that's something! :lol:

True! :lol: Well, I personally don't see how Jimmy could recieve this book and NOT like it... I mean, if you recieved a book from hundreds of people telling you how much they loved you, what's there not to like?? He'll hardly scoff at it IMO. :D

I think he'll like it to songbird.

Maybe they're jealous? I think it's beautiful. He'll love it!

I'm glad you think so! I don't know if people who dislike it are jealous so much as they are just in a different mind frame about this kind of thing. I have been told that it will make Jimmy feel stalked, but people may have that opinion because a lot of times when fans send letters and things they can seem (or actually be!) a bit on the creepy side, and if that is in your mind I can see how they would think it's not a good thing to do. I did get some messages that I felt were a bit over the top, but when I did, I explained to people why I couldn't use their message asked them to write something else. Some did, and some got mad and yelled at me on emails for a while... :rolleyes:

I took a lot of care to get this right, and I think it is right. All the messages are lovely.

Oh I wish you had sent your message the ocean, and thanks for saying you think Jimmy will like it. I appreciate every person who takes the time to tell me what they think. I am sure he'll like the messages everyone sent, it's only my bits I get the jitters over.... :unsure:

Yeah, I'm wishing I had sent it too. :( I guess I just got busy and I haven't been here much for a long time, so inevitably I just forgot about it. :(

I'm sure he'll be very flattered by all of it though. :)

Tom, if I replied thanking you for your message it should be in there. I had a few from NZ, so I don't know if I will remember what you said unless it was something very out of the ordinary, or something happened that made me remember it on the day I got it. Sometimes they stick in my mind.

Yeah, you did reply. This is awesome you have gone to all the effort for this book, Jimmy will love it I know!

Hi Virginia! I'm glad you like the book and like you, I can't wait to hear about his reaction to it. either. We just have to wait until he's done globe trotting in the next few weeks...gosh it's nerve wracking all this waiting! :blink: I decided to drop off the book earlier than I would have because I have builders in my house and they are making such a mess with dust, and trooping around everywhere, and I was worried about the book, so I felt it would be safer in a place that wasn't a building site!

thankyou for doing this wonderful gesture for our favourite guy. im bummed beyond words that im not in it, but i just know at least one person must have written something close to what i would have said....so who is giving it to him? will it be at his house? i really hope they are allowed to take pics and post them here for us to see. im betting that jimmy will want to meet you after reading the book, you lucky girl! hey , when you do tell him "i love you" from julie . o.k.!! cheers from oz

Don't be too bummed Julie, there were lots of very nice messages from Australia, so I am sure your fellow countrymen that wrote in did you proud. :)

The book is just going to be given to him without a lot of hoopla - and I just don't know the specifics, but that's how I wanted it. No pictures, no fan in his face...I thought that was the nicest way for him to receive it. And I won't be meeting him. I just wanted to say thanks and that is all.

Yes I have heard people like it there too. That's to be expected really, some like it some don't. Everyone liking it is not required - in the end I only want one person to like it. ;)

That negative comment I posted just stuck in my mind for it's brutal assessment! :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Archived