2024-2025 NFL SEASON

Strider

just a thought so unless it was lightning in kc last night  then why the hell was the game delayed? if rain persisted would the NFL delay until next day? what a joke how this gamehas changed , I can remember  around 1974-75 watching Vikings come to yale bowl  to play Giants and we had about 12 inches of snow, Vikes beat them badly like 40-10 and Tarkenton had 3-4 td's and Chuck Foreman ran about 150 yards, we froze our ass off that day but football then was a man's sport, like I said unless there was lightning which is understandable to wait it out but certainly not rain, i'm sure others  would argue you can't have Mahommey and Jackson get hurt or it would be sloppy and not a good watch and one other thing what the hell happened to the kick off? not seeing any pre season my reaction to this stupid kickoff was similar to first time i saw T ball, wtf am i looking at here, i actually thought my tv froze

On 9/4/2024 at 11:45 AM, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Whens the last time you can remember the Lions being the team to beat in the NFC?  I remember exactly NEVER since the birth of the Super Bowl era.  But there were many a great team that came before that era.  Im not sure if Bobby Lane and that Lions team qualifies?  

I think we're a better team than last year. I have two concerns.  The depth in our receiving core could be a problem.  I have faith in Jameson Williams to step it up, but he has to prove he can handle the grind of a whole season.  Kicking is the other issue.  Last year's problems with our porous secondary have hopefully been addressed.  Nothing another draft pick from Alabama can't solve. I look forward to this season.  Following a winning and entertaining team makes the season much more enjoyable. GO Lions!

Can I have my ESPN channels back please? Do I have to go through this every year because of your greed? Be very careful, because at this point, I'm more apathetic than angry.

On 9/6/2024 at 8:33 AM, custard pie man said:

just a thought so unless it was lightning in kc last night  then why the hell was the game delayed? if rain persisted would the NFL delay until next day? what a joke how this gamehas changed , I can remember  around 1974-75 watching Vikings come to yale bowl  to play Giants and we had about 12 inches of snow, Vikes beat them badly like 40-10 and Tarkenton had 3-4 td's and Chuck Foreman ran about 150 yards, we froze our ass off that day but football then was a man's sport, like I said unless there was lightning which is understandable to wait it out but certainly not rain, i'm sure others  would argue you can't have Mahommey and Jackson get hurt or it would be sloppy and not a good watch and one other thing what the hell happened to the kick off? not seeing any pre season my reaction to this stupid kickoff was similar to first time i saw T ball, wtf am i looking at here, i actually thought my tv froze

Every time the NFL dicks around with the kickoffs they make it worse. This latest wrinkle they have added is pathetic and stupid. Hell, why even bother kicking off at all? You are going to see fewer kickoff returns for touchdowns and teams will have a harder time coming back. No more miracle finishes like the Music City Miracle or the Seahawks against the Packers in the NFC Championship Game. 

We live in an era where every sports league commissioner is truly the worst of his kind and they seem to relish in one-upping each other in assholery and cluelessness: Roger Goodell, Adam Silver, Gary Bettman, and Rob Manfred. A quartet of nincompoops.

On 9/7/2024 at 8:37 AM, Bong-Man said:

I think we're a better team than last year. I have two concerns.  The depth in our receiving core could be a problem.  I have faith in Jameson Williams to step it up, but he has to prove he can handle the grind of a whole season.  Kicking is the other issue.  Last year's problems with our porous secondary have hopefully been addressed.  Nothing another draft pick from Alabama can't solve. I look forward to this season.  Following a winning and entertaining team makes the season much more enjoyable. GO Lions!

Can I have my ESPN channels back please? Do I have to go through this every year because of your greed? Be very careful, because at this point, I'm more apathetic than angry.

Hey Bongman, one of the NFL net guys, maybe Brandt,, not sure, picks a Lions 🦁 vs Bills Super Bowl with Lions winning.  I’ll take the matchup and worry about the winner later.  I’ll be cheering for Bills, Lions and Rams too.  But a Ralph Wilson Super Bowl I’d love to see!  Many believe the opening game, Lions and Rams could be the NFC title game?  The Bills I believe are playing the Lions, just not on Thanksgiving this time.  I think it’s in Detroit?   Good luck.  I still believe we are the best team in AFC East because Allen is easily the best QB in the division and maybe the NFL

10 hours ago, Strider said:

Every time the NFL dicks around with the kickoffs they make it worse. This latest wrinkle they have added is pathetic and stupid. Hell, why even bother kicking off at all? You are going to see fewer kickoff returns for touchdowns and teams will have a harder time coming back. No more miracle finishes like the Music City Miracle or the Seahawks against the Packers in the NFC Championship Game. 

We live in an era where every sports league commissioner is truly the worst of his kind and they seem to relish in one-upping each other in assholery and cluelessness: Roger Goodell, Adam Silver, Gary Bettman, and Rob Manfred. A quartet of nincompoops.

spot on

The NFL gives the zebras too much power.  The Bills would be winning instead of tied as the refs gave them that freebie bullshit call on Murray sliding.  Never hit!  
look at NE score.  The bookies live forever.  I forgot the Giants lost Barkley 

Bills have a far tougher schedule than rest of division.  One stretch , KC, SF, at Rams, at Lions.  And in two weeks at Baltimore and at Houston.   Some QB starting rumor of Brady going to Miami.  He’s 47.  Of course Blanda played til 48.  He is under contract with FOX though.

18 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Bills have a far tougher schedule than rest of division.  One stretch , KC, SF, at Rams, at Lions.  And in two weeks at Baltimore and at Houston.   Some QB starting rumor of Brady going to Miami.  He’s 47.  Of course Blanda played til 48.  He is under contract with FOX though.

as likely as zepp reuniting lol

Anyone else hear the Brady to Miami rumors?  George Blanda retired at 48, God bless his soul.  But when he win those 7 straight “miracle” games I believe he was around 44 or 45?  The season he won 7 in a row by mostly kicking FGs but also coming in for Raiders.  Unsure if Lamonica was already gone?  Brady is 47.  Has FOX contract to boot.  Bring him on if he is crazy enough to think the QB position is Miamis only problem!

3 hours ago, LedZeppfan1977 said:

Anyone else hear the Brady to Miami rumors?  George Blanda retired at 48, God bless his soul.  But when he win those 7 straight “miracle” games I believe he was around 44 or 45?  The season he won 7 in a row by mostly kicking FGs but also coming in for Raiders.  Unsure if Lamonica was already gone?  Brady is 47.  Has FOX contract to boot.  Bring him on if he is crazy enough to think the QB position is Miamis only problem!

You must be hearing ghosts. I haven't heard any credible person say Brady is coming back. Not only is he a Fox broadcaster now, but he is also part of a group seeking part ownership of the Raiders. You cannot play for one team while being part owner of another team.

17 hours ago, Strider said:

You must be hearing ghosts. I haven't heard any credible person say Brady is coming back. Not only is he a Fox broadcaster now, but he is also part of a group seeking part ownership of the Raiders. You cannot play for one team while being part owner of another team.

I agree and he said as much.  He said " if they would let me".  Hes like a little kid.  He could not save them anyway.  Tua did not save them while healthy.  Not against the Bills anyway.  The contract with FOX is certainly going to prevent him from playing unless they were unhappy with the job he is doing?  I have not heard that he has done anything bad yet.  He cant be worse than Romo who has turned into more of a cheerleader than an analyst.  He gets on my nerves.  I cant believe Atlanta won that game

Ummm, shouldn't Tua just retire at this point? He has shown he has no self-preservation instinct. He is going to be braindead in a couple of years at this rate. I do not think anyone would begrudge him retiring for the sake of his health and family.

Cupp and Nacua out for Rams.  I can’t see them winning without them.  I think Lions bounce back even though many are taking Cardinals.  Bears 🐻 getting some support at Indy.  Tough games to pick.  Don’t forget , home openers can give teams a spark.  I picked Chargers but Steelers always tough at home .  Let’s see if Saints can keep it going.  

GO BILLS!!!