1977 Concert Tour Souvenir's

My uncle went to a Led Zeppelin concert back in 1977 when they were touring the USA and he told me he remembered they sold latex balloons that were in the shape of the zeppelin that said "Led Zeppelin" on them with the date of the specific concert he went to. I've tried to search online and this forum for any pictures of this or examples and can't seem to find anything. I was curious what something like that would be worth now a days if it still existed because I wanted to get it for him for his birthday. I was hoping someone on this forum might have some knowledge about this or could point me in the right direction of a site that would have more information.

4 minutes ago, Wutton_Samhill said:

Lol what keywords did you search to find this? Are there any other examples you could find? I just want to learn more about it.

I googled "led zeppelin+1977+balloon". It was just luck of the draw the auction is going on now and came up in the search results. I've never seen another one of these balloons, even on sites that specialize in Zep memorabilia, so they're likely pretty rare. 

8 minutes ago, Wutton_Samhill said:

Okay, I've searched for led zeppelin 1977 balloon but nothing came up. I guess those plus signs are necessary for the search. I'll try that in the future. Thanks!

No problem. I also checked the book "Evenings with Led Zeppelin", which has tons of memorabilia, but there were no pictures of them in it. I'm friends with one of the authors of the book and I reached out to him to see if he has ever seen one of these before. He also went to the first show '77 show at Madison Square Garden, so I asked him if he recalled seeing them for sale there. I'll let you know what he says. 

Edited by SteveZ98

Posted (edited)

Very cool! Full disclosure I knew about that listing and was interested in purchasing it but couldn't find any information about it online so came here for more info. Mistakes were made lol So if your author friend could pass along any information at least I can get some history out of it :D

Edited by Wutton_Samhill

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SteveZ98 said:

Talked to my buddy. He said he had never seen one of those balloons before, and they were not available at the '77 MSG show he went to. 

Great, thanks for the update. It must have been bootleg merch like the post above suggested. A strange thing for someone to keep for so long but cool none the less.

Edited by Wutton_Samhill