Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Zephyrus

music the band likes

Yes AMAZONIC, please make sure you credit the correct person that beautifies your world with splendid and eloquent posts. :D

:lol::lol: Hey, anytime you want. :)

Led Zeppelin's Robert Plant calls Radiohead crap

Led Zeppelin’s Robert Plant labelled Radiohead “crap” while out drinking in north London at the weekend, according to The Sun’s Buzarre column.

According to the paper, Plant was drinking with a woman and demanded that the music playing in the pub was changed.

Apparently Plant described Radiohead as “rhyming crap”, and also rubbished Red Hot Chili Peppers (whose music he likened to a nursery rhyme) before settling on Captain Beefheart.

http://www.nme.com/news/tabloid-hell/33768

Jimmy said he listens to Les Paul.

There was an article on the radio the other day talking about people carrying on working past retirement age, and they pointed out that Les Paul released his most recent album in 2005, at the age of 90, and he's still performing now.

So, assuming he aims to emulate his hero, we've still got at least 30 years of Jimmy Page to look forward to. B)

I remember that Robert was "interested" on Runaways

Also, Jimmy and Robert loved the Damned

(hey don't forget that JPJ worked with Diamanda Galas ... have you ever heard her voice or music?? :blink: )

... and just to say a word on the off-topic discussion :) : they are all strong listener of music and they still have different tastes! this is the real background for what we all love and know as Led Zeppelin ;)

Otis Rush

Muddy Waters

Howlin' Wolf

Elvis Presley

Fairport Convention

Chuck Berry

Willie Dixon

Sonny Boy Williamson

The Rolling Stones

The Beatles

Robert Johnson

I heard from my brother that Jimmy Page walked into a music store in LA and The Blood Brothers were performing and he just walked out... So I guess he does not like The Blood Brothers.

Maybe it would be appropriate to mention Jeff Buckley? Not too controversial, I hope?

Why is it controversial ?

On it's release, Jimmy said that the Grace album was the best thing he had heard all year.

Apparently, was singing Whole Lotta Love as he was messing about in the river, just before he drowned. He was a huge Led Zeppelin fan, so Jimmy's praise meant a lot.

Robert was into Son Volt when they first hit the scene. Not sure if he's into their current stuff but he mentioned liking their album Trace back in '95 or '96.

Plant and Page are both fans of Najma Akhtar and chose her to sing on Unledded.

Both men were also (and perhaps still are) fans of Roy Harper, Fairport Convention and Pentangle.

Jimmy Page was a big Alvin Lee fan.