Destroyer, first song incomplete

After reading several good reviews on this album I bought the CD. I don't have a lot of listening time but I got through the first of the three discs so far.

It does sound great so far except for one disappointment. The very first song, The Song Remains The Same, is joined in progress. Is this just the way it is or did I get a bad copy?

Thanks.

This is a flashback to when I was a young Led Zeppelin fan in the early 80s and I first got this soundboard bootleg of Led Zeppelin at the Richfield Coliseum on April 27, 1977! How nice it was to hear! Only did I later find out there was more than one Destroyer, there were a few from different dates from the 1977 tour all named Destroyer! Cheers! :toast:

Edited by luvlz2

Todd, hi.

Collecting boots on CDs brings back memories, as I'm sure it will to many members here. If your preferred listening option is to discs you're going to need to transfer downloadable digital files to those little bits of plastic. I use a Mac, but I'm sure someone here will know how to burn those files to playable discs.

Michael

I can figure that out Michael but thanks. I have two PC's with burners and a standalone CD burner/player.

FWIW, I also have a standalone DVD burner/player that will record anything hooked up to it. It even has a built in VHS recorder/player too for those old tapes I want to preserve.

Thanks again for the files! Much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Todd K Stearns said:

I can figure that out Michael but thanks. I have two PC's with burners and a standalone CD burner/player.

FWIW, I also have a standalone DVD burner/player that will record anything hooked up to it. It even has a built in VHS recorder/player too for those old tapes I want to preserve.

Thanks again for the files! Much appreciated.

You are well ahead of the game. Your VHS tape preserver may well make you the most popular guy here.

11 hours ago, rm2551 said:

That's such a great shot of Page. Anyone know the date?

It could be any of the four dates listed below which is when Jimmy wore his green sleeveless T-Shirt. Hard to know the exact date……but the photo is definitely taken during a performance of “In the Evening”:

Rotterdam June 21st/1980

Bremen June 23rd/1980

Frankfurt June 30th/1980

Mannheim July 3rd/1980

Jimmy also wore that green T-Shirt under his white jacket for the June 27th/1980 Nuremberg gig……but the show ended early because of Bonham falling ill. So they never got around to playing “In The Evening” that night.  

Thanks guys.

The song that come to mind for me looking at that great pic is Trampled underfoot, which had so much energy in that tour. Some of those renditions are BEST EVER deliveries of that song IMHO.

June 30 might be the best show of that tour. Or the night before in Zurich.

Cheers.