White Summer

'58_Les_Paul

Hello everyone. It's been a while since my last visit. I was talking with a buddy of mine during the overnight shift at UPS and I mentioned to him that I once had a bootleg I believe from 71? I can't remember the venue, maybe Virginia? But it had a version of White Summer where Page ends with a little bit of Kashmir at the end. Of course I have to Thank Luis Rey for that, but I no longer own his Led Zeppelin Live Final Edition. Can anyone help me identify what so that was? Thank you all in advance.

m96903163155_1.jpg

Don't believe they played White Summer in 71. It was last played in Spring 70 with allusions to Bron-Yr-Aur which they'd not yet recorded. The only connection between White Summer and Kashmir I can think of is White Summer was revived in 77 - with Black Mountain Side - and was the lead-in to Kashmir through to 1980. Jog the memory any?

No. It was 1970. Major difference as White Summer led into Kashmir as Jimmy jumps out of his chair in 77. This was an early show where he plays that desending chord part. I just can't remember what venue and so far, YouTube is a bust. Still searching, though. Thank you.

That Memphis show was amazing, too bad the boot sounds like crap. Unless a new version has come out in the past year, what is out there is distant and thin. Reminds me of the early Ally Pally boot before a much better source was released.