Is this a picture of Jimmy?

Cat

EBD - you did NOT sound garbled nor do you need to apologize for your posts. I thought they were lovely and eloquently stated, and I agree with what you and MSG said.

It is sad to see anyone go through addictions and struggles. All you want to do is reach out and try to help and it's hard to see it happen. But the point with Jimmy is, he got through it and as evidenced by the event of a month ago, he very much still has it.

That's exactly right, nine! Jimmy, you rock! :yay: :yay:

I never really feel bad when I see those pictures, because I know he made it through and is still with us today looking great.. unlike, sadly, so many others. It is sad in a way to look at those pictures because they are not flattering to such a beautiful person, but it is in the past so there's no need to worry about it.

I never really feel bad when I see those pictures, because I know he made it through and is still with us today looking great.. unlike, sadly, so many others. It is sad in a way to look at those pictures because they are not flattering to such a beautiful person, but it is in the past so there's no need to worry about it.

Another well stated post :D And thank goodness it is in the past :beer:

I think she simply means his teeth were jacked up...no? Sure he was still smiling, but maybe his nice smile was gone...

That's exactly what I meant, although the photo is shocking in that he may have come close to losing his life, and those who love & respect him, a father, friend and gifted artist. I've known a few hard drug users in my life, and it's an abyss of helplessness and fear for all. I am incredibly thankful he recovered and is happy and healthy today. I had certainly read about Jimmy's heroin addiction, but I'd never seen a picture purporting to be him during that time in his life.

That's exactly what I meant, although the photo is shocking in that he may have come close to losing his life, and those who love & respect him, a father, friend and gifted artist. I've known a few hard drug users in my life, and it's an abyss of helplessness and fear for all. I am incredibly thankful he recovered and is happy and healthy today. I had certainly read about Jimmy's heroin addiction, but I'd never seen a picture purporting to be him during that time in his life.
well said because i have know people to this day that have not kicked the habit, but that dosnt mean their bad people, and especialy for those times it was common. love you jimmy!!!what dosen' kill you makes you stronge

r !!!!

well said because i have know people to this day that have not kicked the habit, but that dosnt mean their bad people, and especialy for those times it was common. love you jimmy!!!what dosen' kill you makes you stronge

r !!!!

I love him too and it's that emotional attachment which makes it so much worse than viewing a photo of a stranger and the ravages of addiction. I give him all the credit in the world for turning his life around and coming out the other side better, stronger and happier.

I hadn't seen that particular one before, thanks for posting. Somebody posted this one on the old board (Knebby?)....that's Jimmy, presumably on the 1977 U.S. Tour and obviously having a whale of a time.

Good posts, MSG and eskimo! :thumbsup:

Thanks, Otto. :beer:

re: the photo you posted. Honestly there are more than a few people who lived through the 70's who were, at one time or another, in a similar state but, because they weren't Jimmy Page, there were no cameras to record it for posterity.

Found this photo on Gettyimages.com (dated 1983). If this is him, I am totally shocked.

6x6nl05.jpg

I've always thought that Jimmy looked an awful lot like Lily Tomlin during this period. I remember first thinking that several years ago after seeing pictures of him playing during the Knebworth shows. This picture is just another reminder of it. Thank God he grew out of it.

Archived