Raising Sand

SIBLY

Mighty Rearranger would interest me more if they rerecorded it as a Zeppelin album.

No, no, a thousand times no!!

For one thing, Justin Adams is a fabulous musician, and radically different from Jimmy. There's all sorts of influences on that album that come from the rest of SS, not Zep!

No, no, a thousand times no!!

For one thing, Justin Adams is a fabulous musician, and radically different from Jimmy. There's all sorts of influences on that album that come from the rest of SS, not Zep!

I completely agree!

:thumbsup:

Don't ya just love die hard Zep fans!!!! :unsure:

open your minds, and ears peoples, The Mighty Rearranger is one Fantastic album, and I would rate Justin Adams right up there with Jimmy, as a guitarist!!!!

I love a girl that likes to take risks! :lol:

To say that Justin is up there with Jimmy, on the official LZ forum...well, kudos, girl, you have guts! :thumbsup:

:beer:

Mighty Rearranger done by Zep :o:o:thumbdown:

No how. The beauty of that album is the combination of contributions by all the members and their own style they brought to it. I think Justin Adams is an amazing guitarist. Hard to compare to anyone really as he has such a unique way of playing, not to mention the multitude of instruments he uses. By the way, I heard a couple of cuts off Soul Science, his new solo album - spectacular. Really different. Can't wait to get hold of it.

Mighty Rearranger done by Zep :o:o:thumbdown:

No how. The beauty of that album is the combination of contributions by all the members and their own style they brought to it. I think Justin Adams is an amazing guitarist. Hard to compare to anyone really as he has such a unique way of playing, not to mention the multitude of instruments he uses. By the way, I heard a couple of cuts off Soul Science, his new solo album - spectacular. Really different. Can't wait to get hold of it.

Soul Science is an excellent album. So African/Strange Sensationalist, you can hear Mighty Rearranger all the way through it.

I have rearranger which I liked ok but it is not musically challenging

The problem with the Krauss work and most of Robert Plants solo work imo is that the musicians playing instruments dont seem to have been given any control. So all we have is the voice and some back-up musicians....not enough I'm afraid and that is why none of it lasts and quickly becomes boring. He may enjoy singing it but people dont listen to it...sorry but that is my impression..

He needs to be balanced by the majesty of a virtusoso like Page. Krauss is a violinist but sings mostly on this album this seems to have been a mistake for the musical quality of the album, although what it does do is make Plant's voice more palatable since it is effectively dubbed with Krauss...Plant is restrained and softer and it definately sounds different for him, but ho hum.

Raising Sand is indeed a beautiful album!! I love it!

But the creme de la creme of all post Zep is of course The Honeydrippers Vol I..........that and These Arms Of Mine from Willie And The Poor Boys......then comes Plant's first two solo records, then the Firm's first......then all the rest fall far behind IMO.

I have rearranger which I liked ok but it is not musically challenging

The problem with the Krauss work and most of Robert Plants solo work imo is that the musicians playing instruments dont seem to have been given any control. So all we have is the voice and some back-up musicians....not enough I'm afraid and that is why none of it lasts and quickly becomes boring. He may enjoy singing it but people dont listen to it...sorry but that is my impression..

He needs to be balanced by the majesty of a virtusoso like Page. Krauss is a violinist but sings mostly on this album this seems to have been a mistake for the musical quality of the album, although what it does do is make Plant's voice more palatable since it is effectively dubbed with Krauss...Plant is restrained and softer and it definately sounds different for him, but ho hum.

Gotta disagree with you on this stormpilot....Mighty Rearranger to me is clearly the result of the WHOLE band's input, not just some musicians backing him. Robert himself has said it's the first time in a long time he feels part of a "band" rather than the leader. I think many people listen to his solo music.

As for Raising Sand, he's singing completely different and I would say does an amazing job. It's the first time he's ventured into the area of harmonizing - in no way would I say his voice is just dubbed on there. No the album isn't loud rock but there's so many nuances and intensities throughout.

Robert Plant and Allison Krauss will be on the World Cafe radio show today talking about Raising Sand. The show starts at 2 pm est. They post the intrevews on there website incase you missed the show. Here is the link. http://www.xpn.org/programs/worldcafe.php

So far my favorite song from the album is Gone Gone Gone ( have not yet listend to the whole thing).

I bought it more out of curiosity, I'd heard snippets on the net but thought better to listen to it as a whole. The first play I was a bit unsure but I persevered and played it non-stop for about a week - until I got sick off it! It's a lovely album and demonstrates what an incredibly versatile singer Robert is and any doubters about his voice should audition this album. I sort of listen to tracks on a random basis now but still stop whatever I'm doing when I hear 'Please read the letter'.

Nice to see the promotional machine is about to be launched.This album straddles too many genres,may be played on all sorts of radio formats depending on the song. If it is promoted properly it could be a very big hit and long stay on the charts. G

I think the marketing whizzes want the euphoria from recent Zeppelin releases to subside before concentrating on this project

Archived