Raising Sand

SIBLY

I don't really view it as either of them playing it safe. They both stepped out of their comfort zones. It's very different from what we've heard from Robert in the past but I still hear some edginess to it. In a less obvious way perhaps.

Yes, you are so right ninelives. I was trying to find the right words and you hit the nail on the head. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi;

I see GONE...GONE...GONE.. almost every morning on MUCHMOREMUSIC OR CMT

It's #12 on the CMT Countdown...

Juliet

PS It bothers me that there aren't more videos shown in the eve on both stations...There are reality shows or sit coms instead...I have complained to my cable provider

Hi;

I see GONE...GONE...GONE.. almost every morning on MUCHMOREMUSIC OR CMT

It's #12 on the CMT Countdown...

Juliet

PS It bothers me that there aren't more videos shown in the eve on both stations...There are reality shows or sit coms instead...I have complained to my cable provider

I don't get MuchMoreMusic but CMT is part of the same company that owns MTV and VH1. It seems they've joined in on the reality bandwagon too sad to say. I'm not sure your cable provider could do much.

Glad to see it's doing well on the countdown though :D

Hi:

Thanks for your feedback, NL....

The countdown I was refering to is based on 20 albums..

This a.m. I saw another chart on CMT. This one is called The Canuck Countdown Chart. They were listing the top 5 albums on this chart. Raising Sand ranked #4. Canuck is a term used to refer to Canadians..

Juliet

PS I had another conversation with my cable provider. Since they are increasing my rates as of March 1, I thought they should have some feedback. Even though they are not directly responsible for programming, they are still involved since they are the cable provider. They have to be aware of how customers feel about the programming. It was a good converstion. I expressed what I liked, didn't like and what I would prefer to see.

I ve tried to get my head round it but, I do not like it.

Same here...it was given as a gift, but I ended up selling it on Ebay. I tried to get into it...I like Gone, Gone, Gone but the rest was too slow paced for me. I am not a fan of country or any of its off-shoots but I wanted to hear it because of Robert. They do harmonize well but I guess I'm too much of a rock chick....to be blunt, it bored me stupid. It should be posted as a suggestion in the Insomnia thread :P

Hi:

I saw Gone....on Much More Music @ 5:30 A.M.....it didn't put me back to sleep...

It was also on CMT this afternoon...I see it's #14 on the TOP 20 COUNTDOWN....It is based on 20 videos. I believe I incorrectly wrote albums in an earlier post...

Juliet

It should be posted as a suggestion in the Insomnia thread :P

I posted it in there. I listen to it before I sleep, it's like a lullaby. Don't get me wrong I love the album though. I listen to it other times too, it just helps me unwind. Except Gone Gone Gone, I have to skip that one because it makes me want to get up and dance.

Gone, Gone, Gone Country. Please read the letter that the last show of Led Zeppelin has taken place. No mere 198million large will do it. Here it is boys and girls, your Robert Plant of 2008, still tye died but countryfried with a hot chick in tow. Wonder when Allision will think she is being played? Bobby don't get played. What's gonna happen when this marriage of rock and roll lunacy and country bluegrass goes public in the US of A? How many shouts of LED will there be? Yes, they are definetly trying to raise sand. That is a very difficult thing to do, raise sand. Or is it raisin sand? Bobby better be on point for this tour. A very shrewd business move to do the Led Zeppelin fundraiser and then go out on tour with a bluegrass girl fiddler player and a southern musical legend(T-Bone Burnett). I hope they don't bore her with tales of their youth. How many Zeppelin songs will be in the playlist. Black Dog, When the Levee Breaks, In the Light? Is this what Plant envisioned singing Hot Dog and Darlene, that one day he would be going across two continents moaning and groaning to a blonde girl fiddler whom has more Grammy awards than himself? Is he truly humbled or just saying that to get himself ready for his out? Led Fiddler coming to your town this spring/summer. Who will be playing air fiddle? Microphone twirling, arm swinging, air punching, crazed hop dancing all to impress a blonde girl fiddler with mulitple Grammy awards or to further distance himself from a long time ago era of music that has dissappeared but only to reappear in reunions and remastered reissues? So dazed and confused in the name of Jake Holmes. Can you see these two blondes singing down by the seaside and t-bone conjuring up the band to play some country swamp drum brushing mellow tale of love and rock skipping, holding hand, music beat never been before tried? Hope it works or it could turn into a what is she doing there kinda of event? God bless ya Robert, at least you are trying, more than what can be said of Page and Jones who can't seem to get anything even released through the internet of musical interest. If you look at it from the musical sense of I'm gonna crawl, Robert is up and running and the world will Jimmy and Johnny Boy are trying to crawl out of the Led bed. Now, who is the apple of who's eye? It sure ain't that overwrought ballon called Led $ Zeppelin, its Allison "Second Coming" Krauss. Rock on. Remember this, Plant can be as shrewd if not more than James Patrick Page.

I have the album, have played it a lot in the car, trying my best to see why it has won so many accolades ... but try as I might, I can't. The album is OK, but as others have said, it's "send you to sleep" music. I'm still going to see Robert & Alison in May, but only because it's Robert!

So - my conclusion on "Raising Sand" - underwhelming, IMHO.

Sorry!

I have the album, have played it a lot in the car, trying my best to see why it has won so many accolades ... but try as I might, I can't. The album is OK, but as others have said, it's "send you to sleep" music. I'm still going to see Robert & Alison in May, but only because it's Robert!

So - my conclusion on "Raising Sand" - underwhelming, IMHO.

Sorry!

Different strokes...

I absolutely had to buy this as soon as it was announced. Anything with Krauss and Burnett on it would have been reason enough anyway. It was so popular that local stores were sold out the first week I tried to buy it.

I think it is superb, but I am loath to compare it to earlier Plant solo material since it is a completely different ball game. Still it ranks up with The Principle of Moments and Manic Nirvana.

At first I was the same..I couldnt listen to it....but Ive now changed my mind!

Roberts voice is fantastic...
:wub:
... Alisons voice is beautiful.
:)

I cant wait til I go and see Robert & Alison in may.

I apologise now to whoever will be sitting behind me that night....because when they perform the following...
Gone gone gone,fortune teller,rich woman,let your loss be your lesson..
. I shall be
standing up shaking my ass!!!

And I think I will be sheading a tear or two when they sing
your long journey
:(
.....listen to the lyrics!...OMG :'(

I don't like Gone Gone Gone, but I enjoy the other songs. It's true they are very relaxing and work nicely as gentle lullabies; perfect for insomnia.

My 2 cents: I like Gone Gone Gone better than some of Robert's recent stuff :)

My 2 cents: I like Gone Gone Gone better than some of Robert's recent stuff :)

It's still not as good as this song by the Doors.

Time to live, time to lie,

Time to laugh, time to die.

Takes it easy, baby,

Take it as it comes.

Don't move too fast

And you want your love to last.

Ah, you've been movin' much too fast.

Time to walk, time to run,

Time to aim your arrows at the sun.

Takes it easy, baby,

Take it as it comes.

Don't move too fast

Go real slow,

You like it more and more.

Take it as it comes

Specialize in havin' fun.

Takes it easy, baby,

Take it as it comes.

Don't move too fast

When you want your love to last.

Ah, you've been movin' much too fast,

Movin' much too fast,

Movin' much too fast.

It's still not as good as this song by the Doors.

Time to live, time to lie,

Time to laugh, time to die.

Takes it easy, baby,

Take it as it comes.

Don't move too fast

Time to walk, time to run,

Time to aim your arrows at the sun.

Takes it easy, baby,

Take it as it comes.

Don't move too fast

Go real slow,

You like it more and more.

Take it as it comesstollen by whips

Specialize in havin' fun.

Takes it easy, baby,

Take it as it comes.

Don't move too fast

When you want your love to last.

Ah, you've been movin' much too fast,

Movin' much too fast,

Movin' much too fast.

well sweetie ,happy 44th birthday to the lady C.S.P.3/5/64 Who is worthy to be paid it~~~~ ALL ~~~that is past due by the lieing stealing cowardsim (whimps stealing wanna be CALLED gods having only fake cods till they yield to HER - 440 is perfect pitch as she has naturally not like the fake wanna be balance of trophy doggey treats (from mommy --as sun will come up- tomarrow only one Cristina not german exclusive ali- painted gold harmony from fake hello kitty heart-crop circles july 23 crop circles maria.?..boring....as all hell...and well ,will always will be ....back up ONly singer.......when the queen has been before ......bronze age 600bc ..... WHITE LILY HORSE ...by the way amen WANNA BE R&R JESUS the american presidentscanidates take hand outs as does the current dali lama why not the bull god tho ya wanna be....(not).come on come on all you labotamy confusion .....l canidian caprii the wanna be not the one muse ....la la la te da presilly is not cold winter-feb has been spring english Presley(not blu stone welsh presilly) daddys name and money mommys hole activity lies s and more ... for one mans...STUPID EGO;;;;;;;;;R stop being ing a donkeys ass before the buttercup anoints another King............

well sweetie ,happy 44th birthday to the lady C.S.P.3/5/64 Who is worthy to be paid it~~~~ ALL ~~~that is past due by the lieing stealing cowardsim (whimps stealing wanna be CALLED gods having only fake cods till they yield to HER - 440 is perfect pitch as she has naturally not like the fake wanna be balance of trophy doggey treats (from mommy --as sun will come up- tomarrow only one Cristina not german exclusive ali- painted gold harmony from fake hello kitty heart-crop circles july 23 crop circles maria.?..boring....as all hell...and well ,will always will be ....back up ONly singer.......when the queen has been before ......bronze age 600bc ..... WHITE LILY HORSE ...by the way amen WANNA BE R&R JESUS the american presidentscanidates take hand outs as does the current dali lama why not the bull god tho ya wanna be....(not).come on come on all you labotamy confusion .....l canidian caprii the wanna be not the one muse ....la la la te da presilly is not cold winter-feb has been spring english Presley(not blu stone welsh presilly) daddys name and money mommys hole activity lies s and more ... for one mans...STUPID EGO;;;;;;;;;R stop being ing a donkeys ass before the buttercup anoints another King............
!

For what ever reason I can`t edit this post---as I was going to take some of it off--I `ll say that RAISING SAND is and the 2 videos so far from it are MOCKERY forms of NAZI-ism.....a tactic they often employed ----is that a whole lota Love ? HARMONY ,BEAUTY or LIGHT???----No--- not one bit.....Robert Plant You know how to contact the real lady---Did Allen Jones at Uncut ,and David Fricke at Rolling Stones show you what they recieved from her in Dec.? Your accountability is long past due-Robert Plant .....If you are even a tiny bit of a descent human being YOU WILL go to HER .

Archived