Raising Sand

SIBLY

My copy was the same as Fabrice's, and I LOVE the look on Robert's face on the pic on the booklet. :wub:

That was a really good piece from Rolling Stone (for once), and just underlines the point about how intelligently Robert uses his voice--and how he's always trying something new.

They'll never completely warm up to the band, but they've been fairly civil towards Zep and the members for some time now. Plus it appears Jimmy Page may be gracing the cover of RS this upcoming month, so we'll see how they treat him B)

Robert Plant, Alison Krauss Raising Gold

11/28/2007

Stephen L. Betts

Raising Sand, the critically-lauded album by Robert Plant and Alison Krauss, has been certified gold by the RIAA, denoting sales of more than 500,000 copies. The album debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard 200 just four weeks ago.

Produced by T Bone Burnett, Raising Sand is the highest-charting and fastest-selling album in the history of Rounder Records.

A music video for the first single "Gone, Gone, Gone (Done Moved On)," will world-premiere on CMT tomorrow (11/29), and is also confirmed for a premiere on VH1 on Dec. 3. Shot in Nashville, the video adds a raucous element to the Everly Brothers song, with scenes bouncing between shimmering mylar glitz and a performance stage reminiscent of a vintage Technicolor movie. The video will enter regular rotation on both networks.

Alison Krauss, Robert Plant, and T Bone Burnett, along with the musicians featured on Raising Sand, will tour extensively throughout the US and Europe beginning in April.

:cheer::cheer:

keep listening girl :mellow:

I'm doing my best! I have no other CD in my car. And I drive a lot. So I have been listening to it a lot too. I'm a real fan when it comes to Mr Plant, I do my best to get into his music...but well, I'm not a fan of Alison, I have never heard her stuff before and what I heard didn't impress me at all. But I'll keep trying, I promise.

I'm not a fan of Alison, I have never heard her stuff before and what I heard didn't impress me at all.

I know what you mean, her voice is really 'flimsy' and has no soul, its so plain. IMO. I'm not a huge fan of this album yet either, but I haven't given it a proper chance yet.

Wow! B)

I heard this album for the very first time today and I was really surprised!

Mellow, earthy and peaceful stuff... Just the kind of music I need to get through this dark time of year..Alison Krauss has a beautiful voice and I just have to say that Plant's voice: amazing like always. "Polly Come Home" , "Gone Gone Gone (Done Moved On)", "Through The Morning, Through The Night", "Fortune Teller" and "Let Your Loss Be Your Lesson" are my special favourites at the moment!

Archived