On Stage Mishaps

redeyedrichard

Ah yes...came across another I was searching for:

You can see that Kurt Cobain jumps into the audience during "Love Buzz" and the bouncer at the front mistakes him for a crowd surfer and tries to push him back into the audience. Kurt then hits the bouncer in the head with his guitar...which the bouncer doesn't take too kindly to....as you can see. :lol:

I know there is another on YouTube somewhere, but I can't remember what it is called. It is funny watching these though.

redeyedrichard, not sure if this would qualify as a mishap but, damn, I love Keith in this clip:

:lol: :lol: Yeah, that's what I am talking about. Fantastic clip. Nirvana did that when they played in Leeds (where I live). There was this drunk guy that kept running on-stage and bumping into Kurt so he took his guitar off and cracked him with it. Fantastic...exactly what he deserved.

And this is the video I was talking about earlier:

Kurt Stops half way through a song to stop a male fan groping a woman

I just love how the band embaresses this guy because he totally deserved it.

redeyedrichard, not sure if this would qualify as a mishap but, damn, I love Keith in this clip:

:hysterical: Hope that dude's satisfied! Don't mess with Keith! I remember an older clip of the Stones on stage where the first few rows of people jump onto the stage and try to maul Keith and Mick and Brian Jones is in the back laughing his ass off!

:lol: :lol: Yeah, that's what I am talking about. Fantastic clip. Nirvana did that when they played in Leeds (where I live). There was this drunk guy that kept running on-stage and bumping into Kurt so he took his guitar off and cracked him with it. Fantastic...exactly what he deserved.

And this is the video I was talking about earlier:

Kurt Stops half way through a song to stop a male fan groping a woman

I just love how the band embaresses this guy because he totally deserved it.

Yes, and the whole band chimes in, making the humiliation even worse.

:hysterical: Hope that dude's satisfied! Don't mess with Keith! I remember an older clip of the Stones on stage where the first few rows of people jump onto the stage and try to maul Keith and Mick and Brian Jones is in the back laughing his ass off!

I remember that one too. I'll see if I can find it.

not as comical as some of the rest of these incident, but I saw Interpol last fall.....

and to open their set they came out and began playing with the staged enclose in sort of sheer curtain around the stage...you could see the silhouettes of the band with the lighting

in the classic spinal tap sort of moment, they open the show with a song called Pioneer to the Falls,(great song BTW) well the song builds slowly to a dramatic climax of a guitar part.....where the curtain was supposed to come down.......never did

to make it worse, the curtain stayed up through the remainder of the first tune....and through the second song as well

to the point where they had to stop after the second tune and the lead singer announced they had to take a break to see if they could get the "fucking curtain down"

felt bad for them as they are an NYC band, and this was their first headlining gig at MSG

turned out to be a great show anyway

After I watched that video I watched about four others similar to it of Bruce falling. :lol: Good Stuff.

If YouTube is any indication, we can dedicate an entire thread to members of Iron Maiden falling down. Gotta give 'em credit - they don't let it interrupt the song :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br4mDh-dYMQ

not as comical as some of the rest of these incident, but I saw Interpol last fall.....

and to open their set they came out and began playing with the staged enclose in sort of sheer curtain around the stage...you could see the silhouettes of the band with the lighting

in the classic spinal tap sort of moment, they open the show with a song called Pioneer to the Falls,(great song BTW) well the song builds slowly to a dramatic climax of a guitar part.....where the curtain was supposed to come down.......never did

to make it worse, the curtain stayed up through the remainder of the first tune....and through the second song as well

to the point where they had to stop after the second tune and the lead singer announced they had to take a break to see if they could get the "fucking curtain down"

felt bad for them as they are an NYC band, and this was their first headlining gig at MSG

turned out to be a great show anyway

Haha!! Great story. I remember being in a play/theatre production in front of 200+ people and we had set difficulties. The set, with props included, jammed on the runners before coming onstage. I had to fumble through. Thankfully the play was a comedy so I just improvised a few lines to make an excuse for the lack of props and scenery. :lol:

If YouTube is any indication, we can dedicate an entire thread to members of Iron Maiden falling down. Gotta give 'em credit - they don't let it interrupt the song :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=br4mDh-dYMQ

:hysterical: He was really lucky not to get a faceful of one of those monitors in that accident. :lol:

In Iron Maiden's defense, there are very few bands that run around and jump on stuff on stage as frequently as them....they are bound to fall once or twice. :lol:

Some great posts there. That Hendrix one was freakin' crazy man! Mind you if there was a piece of Hendrix's guitar lying near me I might punch a few people. :lol:

Hahaha! Bruce Dickinson deserves to fall trying a move like that. :lol:

:lol: My husband and I loved the part where the bobbies ran into the fray. It reminded us of a scene from "A Hard Day's Night" only this time, things went horribly wrong. :lol:

:hysterical: He was really lucky not to get a faceful of one of those monitors in that accident. :lol:

In Iron Maiden's defense, there are very few bands that run around and jump on stuff on stage as frequently as them....they are bound to fall once or twice. :lol:

Uh guess I'm a little slow. I just realized that Bruce Dickinson is the same name of the producer (Christopher Walken) in SNL's famous "more Cowbell" sketch. :)

• 1 month later...

I flew to London last year in August to meet my friend Wendy Rule. She just returned from her US tour and had a gig in the Old Kings Head in Camden. Wendy has an awesome voice and when she was singing "Horses" like an unearthly Sidhe looking like an angel she suddenly stopped dead and yelled to the guy on the PA: "Hey man, what's wrong with you - I'm singing my bloody guts out!"

Animals Tour 1977, Olympic Stadium, Montreal Canada

Roger Waters interrupting his performance to berate the entire crowd after a firecracker goes off. He later spit into some unfortunate spectators face.

This was a VERY popular topic on the now defunct Jethro Tull chat board. Ian has a history of berating audience members for 1. Leaving their seats in the middle of a flute solo. 2. Talking. 3. Yelling things out. 4. Throwing things on stage (in the 70's he was hit in the eye with a rose) . I witnessed things getting thrown on stage during the 70's. He would stop playing and challenge people to come on stage.

During a 2007 tour of South Africa, he stopped playing when people wouldn't stop whistling. Also recent shows have limited alcohol sales(not popular with most Tull fans).

Pity the poor sound/lighting person, if some technical problems occur during the show.

AND DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT RECORDING A TULL SHOW. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT YOUR GENITALS WILL BE CUT OFF.

Ian can be quite a dick.

Archived