Rock and Roll "Hall of Fame" any credebility remaining?

stonefreelee

For me I like to think that "Rock & Roll' is a counter-culture as compared to the pro-current-fashion type of music that main-stream dictates. I guess it all depends on where and how you grew up. And what side were you hanging with. In my day........Rock & roll and Hard Rock was the counter-culture. We listen only to Led Zepp, Pink Floyd, The rolling stones, the Beatles, Cream, Lynerd Skkynerd (I know I miss spelled) Alman Brothers. Just to name a few. These groups were all apart of the counter- culture that I belonged to. We did not like pop-idols like Madonna....or Donna Summers.....or any of these groups that were considered part of the culture. There was a deviding line. You either hung out with the nerds.......or you hung out with the rock & roll hippies. There was no cross-over bullshit.

And it was excellent. And I'm sorry for the new generation missing out on that time. Yes you have all the great cd's to listen to. But you're not actually experiencing what we had. Believe or not. There was more places to go hang and party. There were some objections to us. But we were many. We were actually the Majority who said told the establishment to go F-ucck them selves.....and stood by it!!!!! Period. And we would party anywhere. Anytime. And......above all. still had the sense to take care of ourselves and be responsible for our lives. Today's music.......well let's put it this way.....in about twenty years from now.....there's not going to be to many who enter the Hall of Fame.....unless it's for sympathy.............as far as Madonna......well she's kind of a phony.....in the eighties she stood for opennin her legs and inviting the sexuall experience of the independent woman. Than when the nineties hit........she became some what of a religious woman. (So not to say that change is bad....but she kind of made her-self a phony.........

My response to post#19 & 20----------you are not always going to see things the same way others do---------some of us are ok with being an individual--------as for-----those &these........... I put them on my post in the manner I choose.........because some of what I post is not shallow........Iam giving the reader a few.....to think for a minute before they bite,chew&swallow what I write next.......................If you don`t like what I write,don`t read it. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ lajoie is the correct spelling for the french word:JOY

Today's music.......well let's put it this way.....in about twenty years from now.....there's not going to be to many who enter the Hall of Fame.....unless it's for sympathy.............

Judging by what's on the commercial airwaves maybe but they shouldn't be indicative of all of the music that's out there. Dig deep and you'll find there's much, much more.

as far as Madonna......well she's kind of a phony.....in the eighties she stood for opennin her legs and inviting the sexuall experience of the independent woman. Than when the nineties hit........she became some what of a religious woman. (So not to say that change is bad....but she kind of made her-self a phony.........

Sexual liberation in music didn't begin with Madonna. As for her various personas, they're just that. If anything she can be credited with knowing how to market herself by constantly reinventing her personas. Sometimes they work, sometimes they fail miserably (sort of like her movie career). Either way, the bottom line to me is, I don't see what she has contributed to the world of rock n' roll in the way of influences. Her impact can be seen much more in the worlds of pop and dance but not rock n' roll.

I directed the original poster (who wasn't here for the original discussion) to the Other Bands/Music forum at the beginning of this thread.

Sorry, I did do a search and it apparrently glitched out "error"...besides, when you see something labeled "General Forum"...what is one to think?

Judging by what's on the commercial airwaves maybe but they shouldn't be indicative of all of the music that's out there. Dig deep and you'll find there's much, much more.

Sexual liberation in music didn't begin with Madonna. As for her various personas, they're just that. If anything she can be credited with knowing how to market herself by constantly reinventing her personas. Sometimes they work, sometimes they fail miserably (sort of like her movie career). Either way, the bottom line to me is, I don't see what she has contributed to the world of rock n' roll in the way of influences. Her impact can be seen much more in the worlds of pop and dance but not rock n' roll.

$ .......................* sex sells *......................who drove it 25years? ............................ respect?$ bullshit!.............. ...Welcome to the machine..........let me tell ya the name of the game boy,they call it rideing the gravey train........the world is in deep doo doo...........1970`s it was a different thing......sweet madamblue..........America..........youmade your own rules.......talk of the world.........and more.....................heavensdoor.........hmmmmmm where do we go,?where do we go from here?...........what we need is a REVOLUTION!........I AM TALKING ROCK-N-ROLL RE-VIVAL...no the Mad donna is not Rock------pop,yes-----------------this is LEDzzzzzzzzzzzz ZEPPELINS OFFICAL website.....................rock,rock,rock........where is that Enchanted "rover" ?

$ .......................* sex sells *......................who drove it 25years? ............................ respect?$ bullshit!.............. ...Welcome to the machine..........let me tell ya the name of the game boy,they call it rideing the gravey train........the world is in deep doo doo...........1970`s it was a different thing......sweet madamblue..........America..........youmade your own rules.......talk of the world.........and more.....................heavensdoor.........hmmmmmm where do we go,?where do we go from here?...........what we need is a REVOLUTION!........I AM TALKING ROCK-N-ROLL RE-VIVAL...no the Mad donna is not Rock------pop,yes-----------------this is LEDzzzzzzzzzzzz ZEPPELINS OFFICAL website.....................rock,rock,rock........where is that Enchanted "rover" ?

English, please.

I watched parts of last years induction ceremony. Who really cares about that phoney back slapping BS. Paul Schaffer leading the band!! Please. If you sang about or used drugs, bad mouthed politicians, got arrested, etc, etc, you'd get voted in. Interesting, no progressive rock bands are voted in.....

~ she aint the one fiddling about ~

It's a fun idea, but you know no one's going to be able to agree about who should be in there. Same with all those dumb Rolling Stone lists...whoever compiled it thought it was great, but a lot of readers think they're not good for anything except taking up space in the recycle bin. So what the hell, it's a nice idea, might as well keep going, but obviously I have some major differences of opinion with whoever picks the winners.

You've got it!!!! Rock and Roll needs to resurrect itself from the graveyard......come out and kick the world in it's Lucifer ASS!!! lolo

You've got it!!!! Rock and Roll needs to resurrect itself from the graveyard......come out and kick the world in it's Lucifer ASS!!! lolo

Rock n' roll is alive and well and still kickin' ass. Unless you live under a fuckin' rock.

559021924_ec986e71b2.jpg

Drive-By Truckers

Archived